Summer Ins and Outs

327 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2017 18:12

genome Hmm, I'm going to side with John Smith here. I'm all for him being in amongst the first team if he's deemed good enough, but comparing him to Ronaldo and Neymar after a friendly is a bit hysterical.

Remember what happened to Ryan Edwards after an excellent pre-season where he was hyped up by fans?

I don't think John Smith has a side tbh (no intentional disrespect sir)
(Forgotten user) suggested it would be nice to see a well thought of academy product play a part in the senior team in the coming season. He didn't say he should be the first name on the team sheet. The Neymar and Ronaldo name drops are farcical but only there to prove the point that age does not equal ability.
To suggest it is insane to think a young, unblooded footballer can't succeed because we haven't seen him play is really not in the spirit of the sport. The fact that Sessegnon impressed so much last season is recent enough that people shouldn't laugh at the idea of Loader being good enough now (Obviously we don't know)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Jul 2017 21:51

Danny Loader goals in single match against QPR: 4
Danny Loader goals 2016/17: 5

5 in 15 for the U18s, 0 in 6 for the U23s (although tbf most of those U23 games were as a sub).

Take nothing away from the lad but let's not get carried away.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Jul 2017 09:11

genome Hmm, I'm going to side with John Smith here. I'm all for him being in amongst the first team if he's deemed good enough, but comparing him to Ronaldo and Neymar after a friendly is a bit hysterical.

Remember what happened to Ryan Edwards after an excellent pre-season where he was hyped up by fans?

Thanks friend.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jul 2017 12:56

Just for the record, Ryan Edwards now plays for Partick Thistle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jul 2017 16:10

Just a latest update on the current expected departures (nothing substantial on any ins sadly, even rumours are more or less non existent at the moment)

1. Al-Habsi, Ali - discussing terms with Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia
  2. Cooper, Jake - aware of Millwall's interest but no fee as yet agreed so Jake remains as part of the squad and Jaap has discussed with Jake how he will fit in if he stays
  3. Hurtado, Paolo - expected to leave the club permanently in the next few days or week.
  4. Samuel, Dominic - believed currently in talks with Blackburn, Barnsley and Ipswich
  5. Weiser, Sandro - looking to get out on a season loan somewhere

ROWY

by ROWY » 14 Jul 2017 19:36

Jón Daði Böðvarsson Signed from wolves - Iceland international striker

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jul 2017 19:58

Good signing!

Had a decent Euro Tournament (wasted at the disaster that is Wolves) just needs a bit of Jaap love to get him to where he needs to be.

Give them both a bit of time.

Just need to get my head around the pronounciation of his full name now :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2017 21:19

Waiting for the full low down from IcelandicStokie on this one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jul 2017 11:33

AAH confirmed gone (as is Harry Cardwell)

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 17 Jul 2017 13:09

I'm hearing the club have the money to spend but are worried about breaching FFP with high transfers and wages. They will only pay the right money for the right deal

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Jul 2017 13:12

Sutekh Waiting for the full low down from IcelandicStokie on this one.

yes where is he?!

double d

by double d » 17 Jul 2017 13:16

gazzer, loyal royal I'm hearing the club have the money to spend but are worried about breaching FFP with high transfers and wages. They will only pay the right money for the right deal

Seems like these rules apply to every bar the PL. Wonder how many of them will get stung

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2017 13:36

gazzer, loyal royal I'm hearing the club have the money to spend but are worried about breaching FFP with high transfers and wages. They will only pay the right money for the right deal

Basically this.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jul 2017 13:45

FFP hasn't really stopped clubs spending extortionate amounts really... these clubs with expensive assets sitting on the bench can just sell a couple of them for silly money and then spend whatever they like

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Jul 2017 13:54

The transfer fees shouldn't make too much of an impact as this will just sit on the balance sheet and be amortised over the life of the contact.

E.G. we sign Darlow for £5m on a 5 year contract, we'll be incurring a 'cost' for accounting purposes of only £1m (£5m over 5 years) per year.

It's the wages that are a killer. For any decent player you're looking at £30k a week min. And that's before bonuses, signing on fees, agent fees etc. So let's say that averages out at £40k a week. You're then looking at an annual cost of £2.1m for just one player.

It's crazy money. And just one of these signings could easily push us over the edge of FFP regs.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 13:57

winchester_royal The transfer fees shouldn't make too much of an impact as this will just sit on the balance sheet and be amortised over the life of the contact.

E.G. we sign Darlow for £5m on a 5 year contract, we'll be incurring a 'cost' for accounting purposes of only £1m (£5m over 5 years) per year.

It's the wages that are a killer. For any decent player you're looking at £30k a week min. And that's before bonuses, signing on fees, agent fees etc. So let's say that averages out at £40k a week. You're then looking at an annual cost of £2.1m for just one player.

It's crazy money. And just one of these signings could easily push us over the edge of FFP regs.

Is Jakkolo really that bad? He's looked alright in the games I've seen him in...

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 17 Jul 2017 15:50

On the official Reading FC website I have not seen any reference to the departure of Williams or Al Habsi. Is this so that fans think they still play for us or is it that the club don't like to think that players choose to leave us, rather than being told that they can go?

Edit:- On website now since 5.30 RFC claim paperwork just received in the last hour. Does that mean paperwork for Williams has not been received yet?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jul 2017 18:45

Check out the Beeb football website

AAH was confirmed this morning.....alongside with Cardwell...it had been mentioned

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Jul 2017 18:53

The Royal Forester On the official Reading FC website I have not seen any reference to the departure of Williams or Al Habsi. Is this so that fans think they still play for us or is it that the club don't like to think that players choose to leave us, rather than being told that they can go?

Edit:- On website now since 5.30 RFC claim paperwork just received in the last hour. Does that mean paperwork for Williams has not been received yet?

As Williams is no longer contracted to Reading I can't see what paperwork would need to come our way?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jul 2017 19:15

genome FFP hasn't really stopped clubs spending extortionate amounts really... these clubs with expensive assets sitting on the bench can just sell a couple of them for silly money and then spend whatever they like

Not sure what the FL do if anyone breaches FFP, they seem to have hit Forest but QPR appeared to get away scot free so god knows how it all works and whether anyone can therefore make any sense out of it.

The rules have been relaxed a little in the last year or so, so perhaps its all just going to be ignored in the future.

327 posts