TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Rumour - David Button

by TBM » 18 Jul 2017 13:48

LightwaterRoyal @TalkReading
·
18m

Reading have made a bid for Fulham goalkeeper David Button. [HITC Sport] #readingfc #ffc

No way is he worth 18m

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jul 2017 13:50

maffff Hope the keeper is Connor Ripley and not David Button.

Won't hold my breath though.

The same Connor Ripley that has played a total of 2 games for Boro and is rated so highly by them that they're willing to ship him out so that they can spunk millions on Karl Darlow?

Right.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 18 Jul 2017 13:56

If for a reasonable fee (£2m?) I would be happy with this. Good age, good experience and potential to grow.

Just had a look at this highlights on youtube, looks solid.

retro royal

by retro royal » 18 Jul 2017 14:11

Fulham fan I talk to said this won't happen as Bettnelli has been told they're signing a new no 1 and he has said he's going as he hang around to be second choice.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Jul 2017 14:12

winchester_royal
maffff Hope the keeper is Connor Ripley and not David Button.

Won't hold my breath though.

The same Connor Ripley that has played a total of 2 games for Boro and is rated so highly by them that they're willing to ship him out so that they can spunk millions on Karl Darlow?

Right.

Did very well at Oldham, considerably more experience than Bond when he came in and ticks many of the boxes as to how we would tend to operate.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 18 Jul 2017 14:29

Button was very good at Brentford for the previous 3 seasons before going to Fulham, is at a good age for a keeper, and has plenty of Championship experience.

I don't understand the apparent universal outcry at this signing based on nothing but a few bad games for Fulham. It baffles me. To sign a really top keeper we'd have to spend upwards of £5m. I'd personally rather that money was spread around the rest of the squad as there are still plenty of areas we need to improve.

What kind of budget did people seriously think we'd have this season off the back of an 8 figure financial loss last year? The Chinese obviously have money, we can see that in some of the infrastructure investment they're putting in, but they're not going to cripple the club by spunking tens of millions of pounds in the first summer to chase promotion.

So as Jaap would put it, we need to be 'inventive'. We need to try and find value in a crazy transfer market. We need to look for players that maybe played below their top level last season so that their clubs are willing to accept slightly lower prices.

Too many people have seen the words 'Chinese takeover' and started playing Football Manager having gone into the FM editor and increased the cash balance to '£9999999999999'.

This may be an inspired piece of business, or he may play to the same level of last season and we'll have to suffer a few keeping errors, but he's not a clown who won't be able to stop the ball going through his legs, he wouldn't have survived this long in the Championship if he was, so lets just see where it goes eh.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 14:42

winchester_royal Button was very good at Brentford for the previous 3 seasons before going to Fulham, is at a good age for a keeper, and has plenty of Championship experience.

I don't understand the apparent universal outcry at this signing based on nothing but a few bad games for Fulham. It baffles me. To sign a really top keeper we'd have to spend upwards of £5m. I'd personally rather that money was spread around the rest of the squad as there are still plenty of areas we need to improve.

What kind of budget did people seriously think we'd have this season off the back of an 8 figure financial loss last year? The Chinese obviously have money, we can see that in some of the infrastructure investment they're putting in, but they're not going to cripple the club by spunking tens of millions of pounds in the first summer to chase promotion.

So as Jaap would put it, we need to be 'inventive'. We need to try and find value in a crazy transfer market. We need to look for players that maybe played below their top level last season so that their clubs are willing to accept slightly lower prices.

Too many people have seen the words 'Chinese takeover' and started playing Football Manager having gone into the FM editor and increased the cash balance to '£9999999999999'.

This may be an inspired piece of business, or he may play to the same level of last season and we'll have to suffer a few keeping errors, but he's not a clown who won't be able to stop the ball going through his legs, he wouldn't have survived this long in the Championship if he was, so lets just see where it goes eh.

I agree with your overall point but feel that 5M (spread out on various players) would not go very far in our squad. If, for example, our first team next season was

--------------------Jaakola---------------------
Gunter---Moore----McShane---Obita
-------------Evans-------Kelly----------------
McCleary--------Swift--------Beerens
----------------Kermorgant------------------

With a bench of
(KEEPER), Blackett, Ilori, Quinn, JVDB, Bodvarsson, Mendes

I think we would struggle to find a definite upgrade on any of them for a fraction of 5M.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 15:09

winchester_royal Button was very good at Brentford for the previous 3 seasons before going to Fulham, is at a good age for a keeper, and has plenty of Championship experience.

By the way, how do you do this?

I usually start at Reading, Man city, PSG and Man Utd, sign all Readings shit players for 100m a piece and then retire from them all leaving myself with about 500m to spend.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 18 Jul 2017 15:25

The Informant

I usually start at Reading, Man city, PSG and Man Utd, sign all Readings shit players for 100m a piece and then retire from them all leaving myself with about 500m to spend.

You need to go into Steam and download the FM editor it as an add on I think - there are some detailed instructions online somewhere..

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 15:33

winchester_royal
The Informant

You need to go into Steam and download the FM editor it as an add on I think - there are some detailed instructions online somewhere..

Its piss easy (go to steam library and search for editor. Install time is quick)
But you don't need money in the championship in FM.. all fm games have broken formations. Once you find it it's impossible not to get promoted with record points.

The current one is 4-2-3-1 with very specific player roles and instructions. Also never sign real life players after 4 years into the game. The regent are better and cost less. Heavily scout France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. Boom. 12 champions leagues in a row. Get bored. Resign. Take over the worst ranked team you can find and start all over again.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 15:39

NewCorkSeth
winchester_royal
The Informant

Its piss easy (go to steam library and search for editor. Install time is quick)
But you don't need money in the championship in FM.. all fm games have broken formations. Once you find it it's impossible not to get promoted with record points.

The current one is 4-2-3-1 with very specific player roles and instructions. Also never sign real life players after 4 years into the game. The regent are better and cost less. Heavily scout France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. Boom. 12 champions leagues in a row. Get bored. Resign. Take over the worst ranked team you can find and start all over again.

i AM PLAYING fm15

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 18 Jul 2017 15:51

Sutekh Anyone got a Brentford supporting mate who can give a decent low down on Mr Button

FWIW

A Brentford Supporting Mate He was actually a good keeper for us whilst here, ended up leaving because he didn’t fancy a bit of competition when we signed Bentley. Really good shot stopper, not so good at kicking – both from the floor and from his hands. His biggest downfall was the fact that he persevered with a comb over instead of just shaving it off.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 16:03

The Informant
NewCorkSeth
winchester_royal

i AM PLAYING fm15

Scout Croatia heavily. France, Spain and Germany are great in every game.
Sign Fierro, Lozano, Cristeig, Balanta and Vallejo and Mamma na.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 16:24

NewCorkSeth
The Informant
NewCorkSeth Its piss easy (go to steam library and search for editor. Install time is quick)

i AM PLAYING fm15

I took Leeds from a perennial mid table championship team to two champions league titles, two league titles, 2 FA cups, two league cups, two charity shields, one super cup and one world club cup. I had 700m to spend.

I have just joined Barcelona in year 2022 and have sold every player. I will re-build and stop Real at all costs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 16:33

The Informant
NewCorkSeth
The Informant

i AM PLAYING fm15

I took Leeds from a perennial mid table championship team to two champions league titles, two league titles, 2 FA cups, two league cups, two charity shields, one super cup and one world club cup. I had 700m to spend.

I have just joined Barcelona in year 2022 and have sold every player. I will re-build and stop Real at all costs.

I selected the "unsackable" option in the in game editor extension and deliberately got Liverpool relegated to the conference. We clearly have different goals in life.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 16:46

NewCorkSeth
The Informant
NewCorkSeth Scout Croatia heavily. France, Spain and Germany are great in every game.

I selected the "unsackable" option in the in game editor extension and deliberately got Liverpool relegated to the conference. We clearly have different goals in life.

It's all about the taking part.

I have my sights set on the Lyon job in two years time when I have completed my 'project' at Barcelona.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Jul 2017 18:42

NewCorkSeth --------------------Jaakola---------------------

With a bench of

Won't be seeing this team next season. Too lightweight.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 18:44

Lower West

With a bench of

Was the best first team I could come up with considering we have played a 4-3-3 thus far in pre-season. Any suggestions?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 18 Jul 2017 20:26

I'd rather have Vito Mannone

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 18 Jul 2017 20:30

NewCorkSeth
Lower West

With a bench of

Was the best first team I could come up with considering we have played a 4-3-3 thus far in pre-season. Any suggestions?

Don't play 4-3-3?