Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
The Informant

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by The Informant » 19 Jul 2017 09:40

linkenholtroyal With Burnley adding Walters to there ranks. do you think that either Barnes or Gray may be available. would both fit Stams criteria of target man. We would have to probably pay through our back teeth for either of them though.

It just gets worse :lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jul 2017 09:48

JR
urzmikep Could this be the answer to our Striker crisis :D :D :D

Wales striker Simon Church has turned down a contract offer from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.
The former Reading player spent a week training with Hibs, but says the deal was not good enough for him to relocate his family from Berkshire.
The 28-year-old is considering offers from abroad instead.
"Ideally I'd like to stay in the UK, but if there's an offer from abroad that's too good to turn down I'd have to look at it," he said.
Church played for Wales at Euro 2016 and remains one of the most prolific strikers in Reading's history.

Anybody else nearly piss themselves reading the last sentence?!

Spelt profligate wrong.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Jul 2017 09:59

I'd really like to see Leon Best lead the line for us next season

The Informant

by The Informant » 19 Jul 2017 11:10

Dear me :lol:

Ask any fan of his last three clubs and they'll tell you about his ego and piss poor attitude.

He is pretty much hated. I know a Brighton fan and he was named their worst loan signing of all time by most. Lazy

If that wasn't enough, his goal record is absolutely appalling and he's about as sturdy as a china doll. Picks up injuries all the time.

You're only suggesting him because you've heard of him.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jul 2017 11:22

It seems a bit weird the Samuel deal has not gone through. do you think it is a case of he wont be allowed to leave until we have signed another striker? might be a good indicator a striker is coming if that deal suddenly goes through.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jul 2017 11:26

The Informant Dear me :lol:

Ask any fan of his last three clubs and they'll tell you about his ego and piss poor attitude.

He is pretty much hated. I know a Brighton fan and he was named their worst loan signing of all time by most. Lazy

If that wasn't enough, his goal record is absolutely appalling and he's about as sturdy as a china doll. Picks up injuries all the time.

Hate to agree with informant but he is crap.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 19 Jul 2017 12:15

linkenholtroyal It seems a bit weird the Samuel deal has not gone through. do you think it is a case of he wont be allowed to leave until we have signed another striker? might be a good indicator a striker is coming if that deal suddenly goes through.

I'm lead to believe that there is a fee very close to being agreed for a striker

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 19 Jul 2017 12:22

We should of signed Ollie Watkins.

The Informant

by The Informant » 19 Jul 2017 12:26

gazzer, loyal royal
linkenholtroyal It seems a bit weird the Samuel deal has not gone through. do you think it is a case of he wont be allowed to leave until we have signed another striker? might be a good indicator a striker is coming if that deal suddenly goes through.

I'm lead to believe that there is a fee very close to being agreed for a striker

Is it Morata?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 19 Jul 2017 12:32

linkenholtroyal

Hate to agree with informant because he's a oxf*rd.

Wow steady on

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Jul 2017 13:57

You can't read my mind. He's available, probably for free and is probably one the fittest, most athletic players I've seen. He's probably got about 2% body fat. He hasn't settled at a club since a stint at Newcastle, the rest have been loans. he's clearly got ability.

The Informant

by The Informant » 19 Jul 2017 14:01

John Smith

You can't read my mind. He's available, probably for free and is probably one the fittest, most athletic players I've seen. He's probably got about 2% body fat. He hasn't settled at a club since a stint at Newcastle, the rest have been loans. he's clearly got ability.

Oh dear oh dear.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 19 Jul 2017 14:25

Went through today, will be announced shortly.

The Informant

by The Informant » 19 Jul 2017 14:27

LWJ

Has been announced on Sky.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 19 Jul 2017 15:01

gazzer, loyal royal

Any idea who?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Jul 2017 15:11

LightwaterRoyal
gazzer, loyal royal

Any idea who?

Kevin Doyle.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jul 2017 15:26

Just realised Adam Henley and Jason Lowe have been released by Blackburn, Both young and would be good squad players.
Adam Henley is predominantly RB but can play down both sides and Lowe is a RB/DM for those who don't know.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2017 16:01

The Informant
LWJ

Has been announced on Sky.

He looks delighted to be there :lol:

Wonder if he's had the joys of visiting Blackburn before? Slight step down from nice warm pleasant Reading

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... --13355168

Ollie Watkins may have been worth a go. Though basically cost 2 mill for someone who is untested out of that division. Still, small bits I saw of him suggest he may do well for Brentford.

Wonder if it means Vibe will be sold on. Heard they were listening to offers as he is last year of contract. Suspect with the stupid prices around he'd be out of our price range though

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 19 Jul 2017 16:10

Vito Mannone
Samuel Armenteros
Alex Fernandez
Seb Larsson
Robert Beric
Sam Gallagher
Josh Morris

That'll do

The Informant