The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
WAZZOCK

The idiots of Twitter thread

by WAZZOCK » 23 Jul 2017 16:40

I'm a part time observer of Twitter, but the level of bellendry on there often astounds me. It makes this place look like a group of educated and well reasoned people.

I'll start us off:

This penis has a massive chip on his shoulder about Nigel Howe oddly. So much so, he decides to completely neglect the truth to try and get his futile points across

I'm all for people having an opinion, it's what makes football so great. This chump however is just plain wrong on most of the drivel he spouts.

Any more? Step forward and name and shame...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Scutterbucketz » 23 Jul 2017 18:54

Think that chap posts on here.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Jul 2017 19:00

Fitting he's chosen an armpit as his profile pic.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2017 19:09

One87One .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2017 19:56

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would use twitter to try to get breaking football news.

It's just full of tragic attention seeking bullshit merchants peddling any old nonsense. Yeah there's some genuine scoops, but is it really worth all the effort to sort the wheat from the endless chaff to know x will sign y three days earlier once in a blue moon?

I don't think so.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Jul 2017 20:51

NathStPaul

tw_royal - blocks anyone who disagrees with him

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 23 Jul 2017 20:54

Does this mean that Shane Long isn't really coming back to Reading? :D

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Jul 2017 21:29

seahawk10 Does this mean that Shane Long isn't really coming back to Reading? :D

Shane Long and Gylfi both wanted to come back as they wanted to work with Stam and felt Reading was their true home.

However Stam and Brian didn't think they'd fit in to the plans so we had to turn them down

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Jul 2017 21:47

I've also noticed a new craze of tweets that start "Imagine..."

That seems innocent enough but Soon you realise they end like this:

"Imagine waking up and remembering you support Swindon #embarassing"

"Imagine not standing at football matches and sitting instead"

"Imagine bringing your family to an away day"

Ugh - I hate these people more than I hate those that like Love Island

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jul 2017 23:00

This bellend.

Every. oxf*rd. Day.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2017 23:06

Seriously overjoyed I don`t do twitter

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 23 Jul 2017 23:51

maffff This bellend.

Every. oxf*rd. Day.

omg that guys is a mega twat...

oh

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 24 Jul 2017 00:34

In all seriousness, I get most of my news et al from Twitter these days. just got to follow the right people.

Maffff, Talk Reading, the Chronicle boys (Courtney Friday is putting in a real shift this summer, long may it continue). Appaz Jlow's stuff is getting better, so maybe they have dedicated him to Reading so he can purely concentrate on some quality (along with his click here pieces to keep the revenue coming in).

I don't follow the others, however Mafff does like to retweet their stuff so I do get to see some of it. the guy that walked to Blackburn is a bit of a nob, glad other people see it too and its not just me.

Oh and Mafff, please tell me you are automating that Gravenberch nonsense?

double d

by double d » 24 Jul 2017 06:14

Twitter is for nobs

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jul 2017 07:32

bobby1413 Ugh - I hate these people more than I hate those that like Love Island

Bobby have you ever sat down to watch more than 1 random episode? Are you put off because your missus likes it?

*asking for a friend.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 24 Jul 2017 07:36

Mike Hunt In all seriousness, I get most of my news et al from Twitter these days. just got to follow the right people.

Maffff, Talk Reading, the Chronicle boys (Courtney Friday is putting in a real shift this summer, long may it continue). Appaz Jlow's stuff is getting better, so maybe they have dedicated him to Reading so he can purely concentrate on some quality (along with his click here pieces to keep the revenue coming in).

I don't follow the others, however Mafff does like to retweet their stuff so I do get to see some of it. the guy that walked to Blackburn is a bit of a nob, glad other people see it too and its not just me.

Oh and Mafff, please tell me you are automating that Gravenberch nonsense?

Agree with most of that, but cannot accept what you've put about Courtney Friday, the bloke is an absolute tool. What exactly has he done this summer? Other than have a mate who said he saw Foresterieri in town when the reality is he was with Sheff Wed in Portugal.

His constant berating of the club is very annoying and reeks of someone who is desperate to get a following. The reality is, I would imagine that someone with his inexperience is likely to find themself not welcome at club events in the future. Anthony Smith isn't great, but he's got several years experience to call upon.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Jul 2017 08:26

CountryRoyal
bobby1413 Ugh - I hate these people more than I hate those that like Love Island

Bobby have you ever sat down to watch more than 1 random episode? Are you put off because your missus likes it?

*asking for a friend.

Mrs doesnt watch it but she does watch "Catfish" and "Teen Mom" which are worse iMO.

Never watched any of it other than about 30-60 seconds worth. It was up there with Made in Chelsea, Towie etc... Everyone's so superficial, weak spined, wet blankets whose biggest issue is the number of followers they have on Twitter or Instagram. Also what is it these days with the TV being filled with commoners from Essex?

double d

by double d » 24 Jul 2017 08:34

If I caught Mrs dd watching any of those shows in our house I would throw her out the window

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Jul 2017 08:35

bobby1413
CountryRoyal

*asking for a friend.

Mrs doesnt watch it but she does watch "Catfish" and "Teen Mom" which are worse iMO.

Never watched any of it other than about 30-60 seconds worth. It was up there with Made in Chelsea, Towie etc... Everyone's so superficial, weak spined, wet blankets whose biggest issue is the number of followers they have on Twitter or Instagram. Also what is it these days with the TV being filled with commoners from Essex?

Once upon a time, people on television were regarded as "better than us", and role models to look up to. But nowadays, for a lot of popular 'entertainment' being educated and knowledgeable is seen as a bad thing - what people want is idiots to point at and feel superior to, not experts to learn from.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2017 08:38

How about the people pretending to be Jonathan Low?

709 posts