Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Silver Fox » 30 Jun 2017 11:43

John Smith
Sutekh
CountryRoyal Has iFollow completely replaced Player then? Went on to log in to my player account to see interview with the new kid and nothing works.

Player is dead. It no longer functions. It is defunct. It is an ex-video/commentary playing system. It has fallen off it's perch and joined the choir invisible. In fact it wouldn't "voom" if you put 20,000,000 volts through it let alone the meagre power capacity of most laptops.

Did anyone else read the above in a John Cleese-esque Dead PArrot Monty Python sketch voice?

I read it more in a Rainier Wolfcastle voice tbf

SpaghettiHoop

Re: Reading on Sky

by SpaghettiHoop » 06 Jul 2017 14:20

Update:
Leeds on Sky for three of their first five games. Nothing for Reading, Fulham, Brentford, QPR or Millwall.
North/South bias?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2017 14:27

did think us vs Fulham would have been a decent game to have been put on. But obviously they have to cycle through the 'big' clubs at least twice before they get to us

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jul 2017 15:37

SpaghettiHoop Update:
Leeds on Sky for three of their first five games. Nothing for Reading, Fulham, Brentford, QPR or Millwall.
North/South bias?

Now you know all they're really going to show are Leeds, Sunderland and Villa from the Championship despite the really big clubs like Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday.

Reading will get their annual home shambles with QPR televised on Good Friday and one or two random away games at places like Leeds, Villa or Sunderland if they're doing well.

And it should suit us all just fine that Reading get ignored so as few kick offs as possible get shunted about to stupid times

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 09 Jul 2017 22:02

If anyone is going to watch on Ifollow on a VPN then you wouldnt want Reading to be shown on Sky anyway as it wouldnt then be streamed on IFollow - well thats how I understand it anyway.

double d

by double d » 09 Jul 2017 22:05

Didn't you forget that fc barca-leeds are the best team in the world so fully deserve their 3 games on tv in a month

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2017 12:04

Home game vs Norwich on 30th Sept on TV

may be quite a decent game I suppose

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Jul 2017 12:21

Hound Home game vs Norwich on 30th Sept on TV

may be quite a decent game I suppose

5.30pm kick-off

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 Jul 2017 21:22

Has anyone been able to ascertain whether you can use the same iFollow account home & abroad?

I'm away for the first 2 games of the season. I want to sign up next week for the overseas version to see those games then use it back in the UK when I can't make away games and I'm out of range of BBC Radio Berks.

T&Cs don't make it clear

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Jul 2017 09:10

harry Has anyone been able to ascertain whether you can use the same iFollow account home & abroad?

I'm away for the first 2 games of the season. I want to sign up next week for the overseas version to see those games then use it back in the UK when I can't make away games and I'm out of range of BBC Radio Berks.

T&Cs don't make it clear

You can use it across borders but if you purchase a season pass overseas you won't be able to watch the games live (unless VPNs are effective). You will however be able to listen to live match commentary.

All explained here: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-fans/

Separate set for those who sign up in the UK: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jul 2017 10:43

On a separate note does anyone know a good screen capture software? I mean I may as well record the games if I'm watching them to clear up disputes or what not. (If any Internet police are reading this is a joke...)

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 28 Jul 2017 11:38

NewCorkSeth On a separate note does anyone know a good screen capture software? I mean I may as well record the games if I'm watching them to clear up disputes or what not. (If any Internet police are reading this is a joke...)

OBS studio. It's free

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jul 2017 12:00

NewCorkSeth On a separate note does anyone know a good screen capture software? I mean I may as well record the games if I'm watching them to clear up disputes or what not. (If any Internet police are reading this is a joke...)

ScreenCast-o-Matic

MM

by MM » 28 Jul 2017 18:45

Season passes are available for the equivalent of £110.
Australia - AUD$185
Canada - CAD$190
EU - €130
USA - $140

So, are these just examples of costs equivalent to £110 or are they saying that if you live outside of UK/Ireland, EU, Australia, Canada and USA that you can't subscribe?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Jul 2017 19:12

Will subscribers be able to watch games against teams who don't have ifollow, for example Fulham?

I am still undecided about spunking £110 on a subscription and hoping a VPN works.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 29 Jul 2017 09:04

winchester_royal
harry Has anyone been able to ascertain whether you can use the same iFollow account home & abroad?

T&Cs don't make it clear

You can use it across borders but if you purchase a season pass overseas you won't be able to watch the games live (unless VPNs are effective). You will however be able to listen to live match commentary.

All explained here: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-fans/

Separate set for those who sign up in the UK: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/

Thanks for the link. Really useful although a bit confused now as this bit contradicts their email reply to my query:

If I live outside the UK or Republic of Ireland and subscribe to iFollow, will I be able to watch games on iFollow when travelling to the UK or Republic of Ireland?

No, when in the UK or Republic of Ireland you will not be able to live stream games on iFollow, however you would be able to listen to live match commentary.

Their email said (in slightly different words) tough, sucker, you need to pay twice for the privilege of using our glorious service. Once for the overseas one and again for the UK version.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 29 Jul 2017 09:50

I know it's a little bit of a taboo subject. But. I'm not willing to pay for Ifollow and a VPN when it may not be very reliable. What are the chances that every week all the Ifollow games will be posted up on sites such as firstrowsports and the like?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2017 12:01

LightwaterRoyal I know it's a little bit of a taboo subject. But. I'm not willing to pay for Ifollow and a VPN when it may not be very reliable. What are the chances that every week all the Ifollow games will be posted up on sites such as firstrowsports and the like?

Unlikely I'd say.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Jul 2017 13:02

I've just spoken to someone from ifollow and if we're playing a team who doesn't have ifollow the game won't be view able so basically half the games this season won't even be on it. Especially against the 'bigger' teams. So our opener against qpr won't be on there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2017 16:06

Jagermesiter1871 I've just spoken to someone from ifollow and if we're playing a team who doesn't have ifollow the game won't be view able so basically half the games this season won't even be on it. Especially against the 'bigger' teams. So our opener against qpr won't be on there.

That's not what the club said.

3140 posts