MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:44

I think he made a mistake changing the back 4 tbh from the Leeds game

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by one swallow does not a summer make

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2017 15:48

One off target shot in a hour.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 21 Oct 2017 15:51

Kevin Dillon is incredibly shit on the radio. So embarrassing comments 'I've only seen Reading a couple of times' and goes on to make comments with complete assurance that he knows exactly what is going wrong.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 15:52

windermereROYAL One off target shot in a hour.

Yeah but not surprising

That small front 3 with no link man in midfield does not work at all. This should be the final nail in the coffin for that

Swift on now. Need him
back fully fit as well

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Oct 2017 15:55

Listening to Talk Sport their reporter on our game said he thought it very odd that RFC had made no attacking changes since HT and that the pattern of the game is exactly the same as the first half.

Is Stam incapable of changing tactics??

Unless we win both home games this month I think Stam will be gone. I was in the "give him a chance" camp but this turgid pointless football and a complete inability to change losing tactics makes supporting RFC a very depressing experience right now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2017 15:56

I can already hear Stams after match interview.
"Well its tough. We knew about their strength and their physicality. I thought we played well. Beerens was unlucky with his 35 yard shot. Injuries etc.."
Poor guy. This might actually be the last straw for the owners. You can say all you want that we need to be realistic and that Sheffield were probably always going to beat us, but the performance has been been painful to watch and I doubt the owners will listen to excuses like that.

Its like watching people who have just been introduced to the sport of football try to figure out what to do with themselves. Panicked and blind with sporadic moments of individual good play.

I feel for the guy and usually would be a bit more restrained but Stam is doing nothing to help himself. We play shockingly bad football for a team with so much talent. The players dont choose the formation and the few times in recent games we have done well is when they have pulled something out of their arse.

I'm edging ever closer towards the dark side here guys. I might soon be in the Stam out brigade :oops:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Oct 2017 15:59

P!ssed Off Not tuning in for a 2nd half of that rubbish.
Dear, oh dear...

Cannot blame you.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Oct 2017 16:00

windermereROYAL One off target shot in a hour.

By a starting XI who cost £21,500,000. Frankly criminal.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Oct 2017 16:00

NewCorkSeth I can already hear Stams after match interview.
"Well its tough. We knew about their strength and their physicality. I thought we played well. Beerens was unlucky with his 35 yard shot. Injuries etc.."
Poor guy. This might actually be the last straw for the owners. You can say all you want that we need to be realistic and that Sheffield were probably always going to beat us, but the performance has been been painful to watch and I doubt the owners will listen to excuses like that.

Its like watching people who have just been introduced to the sport of football try to figure out what to do with themselves. Panicked and blind with sporadic moments of individual good play.

I feel for the guy and usually would be a bit more restrained but Stam is doing nothing to help himself. We play shockingly bad football for a team with so much talent. The players dont choose the formation and the few times in recent games we have done well is when they have pulled something out of their arse.

I'm edging ever closer towards the dark side here guys. I might soon be in the Stam out brigade :oops:

And let's face it - Sheffield United are on form, but with the squad we have and the money we've spent you'd not expect us to capitulate here like this .... and blaming it on not having any strikers won't wash either I mean you started the season with just one striker, you have to accept that he won't be fit all season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 16:02

I’d agree it certainly puts a lot of pressure on us for those 2 home games

Like I said, they are more instructive for me. With the injuries we have, I couldn’t see us getting anything from this but different story next week

Be worth chucking Smith on but can’t see loads else that would change things with the options on the bench

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Oct 2017 16:02

NewCorkSeth
strap
Sutekh Reading XI : Mannone, Gunter, Moore, Berg, Blackett, Bacuna, Ilori, Edwards, Beerens, Barrow, Aluko

Subs : Jaakkola, Swift, McShane, Richards, Clement, Kelly, Smith

Let me guess, Bod is injured.... :roll:

Wonder if GMac is injured as well or just dropped for a rest.

Think we can all guess what to expect by way of a performance today

And if they are injured just what do Reading do in training, other clubs dont get this sort of malaise continually and Reading never did before Stam and his team arrived.

Or perhaps we’re all wrong and they’ve just been dropped

Yep. wondering the same. But hey-ho, back to ponderous sideways/backwards passing in 4-6-0. Stam clearly wants the LCFC job.

Shots on target for RFC prediction - 1. Result : SUFC whatever they want, RFC Nil.

Looking forward to this!!

Sorry forgot to mention SUFC playing Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp up front. Sharp has 55 goals from 94 starts since rejoining SUFC, and Clarke 11 from 20. We have ..... Oh, wait ... :roll:

C'mon now Strap. It is time to retire the "we have no striker" diatribe. We get it. Everyone on the board knows your feelings about it. Lets get back to criticisms something can be done about.

Sorry chap. Will do.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2017 16:05

Jesus this oxf*rd ref is a bit one sided isnt he?

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 21 Oct 2017 16:09

Possession has evened out at 50% each and we have now had 4 (wayward) shots on goal. An improvement on the first half?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2017 16:09

We scored

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 16:10

2-1

Well I’m on for another correct prediction anyway

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2017 16:10

Who knew having a link between midfield and attack with a player like Swift would make a difference... :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2017 16:12

NewCorkSeth Who knew having a link between midfield and attack with a player like Swift would make a difference... :roll:

Yeah we all recognised that - but he hasn’t been fit

No one else quite does it as well as him when he is on form

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 21 Oct 2017 16:12

Should make for an interesting final 5 minutes at least!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2017 16:14

Hound
NewCorkSeth Who knew having a link between midfield and attack with a player like Swift would make a difference... :roll:

Yeah we all recognised that - but he hasn’t been fit

No one else quite does it as well as him when he is on form

Oh I recognise he hasnt been fit. I was more commenting on the formation change brought about by his introduction. We couldnt have replicated that with any other player?

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 21 Oct 2017 16:16

5 at the back is shit, doesn't work, the wing backs don't offer enough going forward, the midfield and attack are always outnumbered and isolated.

All the moaning about not having a striker is bollocks, wouldn't make any difference as the system doesn't make any chances.

We haven't played consistently well since middle of last season when we were playing 4-2-3-1.

At the start of the season we played one game 4-3-3 with swift and then Clement playing as a false 9 and we were brilliant. Why the oxf*rd hasn't he tried that again.

I still support Stam and like the patient possession style but five at the back has to stop.