BFTG - Middlesbrough

155 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Middlesbrough

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2017 17:45

Dreadful.

Beaten at home by a poor team like Middlesbrough. This is now starting to remind me of the Terry Bullivant year where poor sides would regularly rock up to Elm Park collect their three points and go home again without breaking sweat.

And Aluko and Beerens get to start while Barrow is on the bench and Popa is yet again nowhere to be seen. :roll:

Not too bad for the whole of the first 10 minutes which had you thinking that just perhaps a corner was being turned then Berg turns up where he should never ever turn up and gives away a penalty and that was that, Reading went back to their standard “don’t panic” football and posed about as much threat as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Second goal was another piece of pathetic defending with Blackett not awake again and no-one bothering to pick up the run of Asombalonga but by then it was all over anyway with Reading having already used up their regulation shot on target

Thought Smith did really really well being an inexperienced youngster and shows good promise. Such as shame the rest of the team carry no attacking threat whatsoever despite being packed full of tricky wingers and players with an eye for a defence splitting pass.

Something’s very wrong somewhere Jaap and I think fat ladies are being auditioned.

Lastly, best wishes to Tiago really hope he’s back up and playing soon

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Middlesbrough

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Oct 2017 17:49

Yeah that was awful, and watching the whole team give up at 2-0 was painful to watch.

I've left a game early 3 times in my life, but today i just could see out the final whistle and went for a piss instead. Says it all really

Just how bad was Blackett for the second? :shock: Admittedly not helped, but still. How was he ever in the prem for such a big club?

// one more thing.....why doesn't Gunter play like that more often? He had some real great momenta today before we went back to a flat back 4

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Oct 2017 17:51

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Oct 2017 17:52

Smith made endless diagonal runs in front of defender and I'm not sure anyone noticed once. What is with Stam and tactics not fitting his teams?

Last week it was direct footy with no striker. This time, a striker making runs but we play slow and ponderous

......and has all the oomph been trained out of Kelly?

Less said about Aluko the better

double d

by double d » 28 Oct 2017 17:53

Shower of shit and dreadful. Not one player came out of this looking good. For a legendary defender who walked into the best team man United have had, we cannot defend to save out lives. Worst manager we have had and this club is Now in full blown crisis! Sack stam immediately he is a burden to this club. We need an English manager to manage us. Steve Coppell will be spinning in his bed at the team at the moment. All the good work has been dissolved. Stam out now!!!! Sack the board!!! Bring back madjeski. I hope stam saw me sticking my middle finger up at him the tosser

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2017 17:57

John Madejski's Wallet Smith made endless diagonal runs in front of defender and I'm not sure anyone noticed once. What is with Stam and tactics not fitting his teams?

Last week it was direct footy with no striker. This time, a striker making runs but we play slow and ponderous

Think Gunter or McShane hit a ball like that in the first half that Smith did brilliantly with but you’re right other than that no one bothered to try and do that.

Should have stayed home and watched Danny Loader and England win the U17 world cup (5-2 v Spain from 2-0 down apparently)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2017 18:01

The most depressing performance of the Stam reign.

We were ok until they scored without looking particularly good but once they scored it was all over

Stam’s tactics are an absolute mess. Aluko and Beerens seem to have free reign to do whatever they want and don’t do it very well. Leaves us totally unbalanced on the wings.

Some ratings:

Mannone 6: very little to do, nice save from a 1 on 1 - but felt maybe wrongly he could have claimed the cross for the second
McShane 4: Poor I thought. Looks very shakey at the moment
Moore 6: Reasonable game. Brave to come back in etc
Ilori 6: Doing pretty well until nasty injury
Gunter 7: Good. That run and cross - prob highlight of the match for us
Joey 4: Poor passing. Unambitious, gave away pen
Kelly 4: Shadow of the player he was last year.
Swift 6: Did some nice stuff. Looked our biggest threat imo
Aluko 4: Good player, terrible positional discipline. Many times we had the ball and there was no one right wing coz he was arsing around in CM.
Beerens 5: couple of ok crosses. A winger for a 442 not a 433
Smith 7: did everything asked of him. Well done to the lad, impressed

Barrow 6: lively
Blackett 6: thought he was ok actually. Shape was better when he was on
Yann 6: looked sharp, Stam needs him back

Stam 2: Lowest ebb. Is starting to play whoever the press suggest (ie Smith) without really adapting to who he puts in. Allowing Aluko and Beerens to lose shape. Constant and repeated lack of concentration at the back. Should have started Barrow and put on Yann 15 earlier. And wtf is going on in training - another injury presumably to Bacuna

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Oct 2017 18:03

At least Aluko came looking for the ball.

The penalty was in a sense self inflicted. Terrible pass from Swift. Beerans (jogging as usual) making no attempt to win the ball back. Cross not blocked. Clumsy challenge by JVB.

There's something badly wrong at the club. Not just Stam. Or the style of play. The recruitment policy has been dire. Bar a couple of players, this squad lacks tenacity and spirit. Too many journeyman.

As much as I think you are a good guy Stam. Your tactics have been sussed. Lose Tuesday night and you'll be gone.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Oct 2017 18:10

why did VDB pull Assombolonga? No Need. Thought Manone could have done better to try and cut the cross out. Well what can you say about Blackett? terrible positioning to get caught out for the cross.

It seems are only hope is 0-0 nowadays. Hope Kermo can save Stam

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2017 18:14

Lower West At least Aluko came looking for the ball

But that’s the problem - he shouldn’t be. He should be out in the wing giving an outlet and pushing on the fullback. We have 3 CMs we really do not need another one

Remember at one point seeing Kelly right wing and Aluko about 20 yards behind him in some sort of right half position - this when we had the ball. It’s just a mess

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Oct 2017 18:15

John Madejski's Wallet Less said about Aluko the better

I feel for Aluko. Why on earth is he being played at CM?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 28 Oct 2017 18:15

Sutekh
John Madejski's Wallet Smith made endless diagonal runs in front of defender and I'm not sure anyone noticed once. What is with Stam and tactics not fitting his teams?

Think Gunter or McShane hit a ball like that in the first half that Smith did brilliantly with but you’re right other than that no one bothered to try and do that.

Should have stayed home and watched Danny Loader and England win the U17 world cup (5-2 v Spain from 2-0 down apparently)

I did, and, boy, am I glad I made that choice, unfortunately no Danny though

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 28 Oct 2017 18:27

The failure in pre season not to adapt his football philosophy is costing Stam. A rigid ‘way’ of playing but with different formations and players-how on earth is that ever going to create consistency?! The summer transfer purchases have been desperately underwhelming/unrequired. Chock full of midfielders and wingers who have a worse than useless scoring record being played as strikers.

Too many championship journeymen who have not tasted success in recent years which can only harm the fragile confidence in the squad. A marquee signing who cashes in and his talent is wasted in the heavy mud of central midfield. A constant stream of random squad fillers making our squad more bloated that old arry in his pomp. Squad fillers that either are so far off the pace(wieser,clement) or those with promise(pops,barrow) that don’t get a look in.

Just what our transfer policy is nowadays is anyone’s guess-it’s a collective responsibility though. Coming back to earlier yes the injuries are ridiculous, but like under bullivant and burns when we had the same serious issues, these things are compounded by the squad put in place,the tactics employed and the manager who selects his first 11. Forest surely a must win...
Last edited by holsgrove breaks a leg on 28 Oct 2017 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Oct 2017 18:30

Thank you for all your honest assessments. You are all better men than me as I refuse to pay money to watch that rubbish.

I shall be in the DB for the Wolves game though. That should be fun! I don't expect Stam to be in office by then, and frankly Tevreden should follow him out the door.

Although I suppose things could be worse - the Chinese owners could parachute in a Chinese manager from the Chinese Super League. Perish the thought.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2017 18:30

double d Shower of shit and dreadful. Not one player came out of this looking good. For a legendary defender who walked into the best team man United have had, we cannot defend to save out lives. Worst manager we have had and this club is Now in full blown crisis! Sack stam immediately he is a burden to this club. We need an English manager to manage us. Steve Coppell will be spinning in his bed at the team at the moment. All the good work has been dissolved. Stam out now!!!! Sack the board!!! Bring back madjeski. I hope stam saw me sticking my middle finger up at him the tosser

BS! Bet you were glad he didn't. Somehow doubt you would have the guts to do it to his face.

You were probably calling him The Messiah last season too!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Oct 2017 18:33

Luck really wasn't on our side today.

But then we gifted 2 shit goals to such an average team. Buck stops with the manager there

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Oct 2017 18:36

The only positive I can think of is we won’t be going to Wembley. So that will save me £200....... :D

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Oct 2017 18:43

Tyler Blackett & Joey Brandenburg appeared to be having some kind of sh*t off today.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Oct 2017 19:02

Certainly noticed that when the second goal went in the directors seats emptied.....bar 4, of which none were ours.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2017 19:04

Beerens must have a compromising photo of Stam stashed away somewhere. Simply dreadful.

Aluko equally poor.

Gunter my MOM

155 posts