Relegation

1865 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Relegation

by tmesis » 30 Oct 2017 17:46

leon The whole "Dutch football" thing is a massive red herring.

It's the inability to implement a very possession focussed style of play and not changing when it's failing is the problem.

It's one of those "I heard a pundit on Sky say it, so I'll repeat it" opinions, with no real thought behind it.

There's not a big difference between how the Dutch play and how most of continental Europe plays. There is a pretty big difference between how the Dutch play and how we play though.

And I do have to laugh at the idea that Dutch football is outdated tactically, so we should revert to 4-4-2 instead.

cavillerarusticana

by cavillerarusticana » 30 Oct 2017 19:38

If we get relegated then I will run the entire length of Broad Street on a Saturday afternoon entirely naked

Two balls and a corner flag swaying in the wind as the 'Big Issue' seller tries to flog you a copy of the latest diatribe, or the lady with the Lucky White Heather, not sure where she would pin it, or if you are reeally lucky one of the God botherers will try and save your soul, I don't want relegation but it would be fascinating watching you dodge the ambush. :shock:

double d

by double d » 30 Oct 2017 19:52

cavillerarusticana
If we get relegated then I will run the entire length of Broad Street on a Saturday afternoon entirely naked

Two balls and a corner flag swaying in the wind as the 'Big Issue' seller tries to flog you a copy of the latest diatribe, or the lady with the Lucky White Heather, not sure where she would pin it, or if you are reeally lucky one of the God botherers will try and save your soul, I don't want relegation but it would be fascinating watching you dodge the ambush. :shock:

You forgot to add the guy who always wears a bobble hat, sweatbands, leg warmers, really loud tracksuit combos and has loads of earring hoops on

cavillerarusticana

by cavillerarusticana » 30 Oct 2017 20:01

And the Salvation Army Band playing the Match of the Day tune :D

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Oct 2017 20:04

I reckon 70% of our squad would leave if relegation happened

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2017 20:07

Royal_jimmy I reckon 70% of our squad would leave if relegation happened

You think teams would buy 70% of our squad on relegation!? To be honest, that wouldn't be a disaster. We'd pocket a small fortune, promote Academy players and be able to recruit at sensible wages.

double d

by double d » 30 Oct 2017 20:27

I think that the following would go (either would like to go to a better team and could easily play for one, would get snapped up by another team for a decent fee or would just not want to play in league 1 due to being too good/too egotistical)

Mannone
Gunter
Ilori
McShane
Blackett
Moore
Aluko
Barrow
Kelly
McCleary
Dadi
Beerens
Joey VDB
Swift
Obita
Edwards
Evans
Bacuna

Pretty much the entire first team squad and subs could get snapped up by lower to mid PL or Champ teams. Alot with PL experience. Ilori/beerens/VDB/Dadi probably to abroad

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 31 Oct 2017 16:03

Forbury Lion Unless things improve entertainment wise I'm not going to renew my season ticket regardless of whether we get relegated or not. When I factor in the bus journey to the ground, the hour waiting about for the match and the bus journey home that's around 5 hours of boredom that I'm paying money for.

Just walk

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2017 16:32

Harpers So Solid Crew
Forbury Lion Unless things improve entertainment wise I'm not going to renew my season ticket regardless of whether we get relegated or not. When I factor in the bus journey to the ground, the hour waiting about for the match and the bus journey home that's around 5 hours of boredom that I'm paying money for.

Just walk
I might just do that during the first half for a bit of excitement..... oh wait you said walk :oops:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Nov 2017 18:17

Just 5 points above the drop and Bolton and Sunderland away in the next 4. If we lose those and fail to win at home in our next 2 then il be very worried.

I'm already pretty worried in that this side struggles to make chances and score goals

double d

by double d » 18 Nov 2017 18:22

Royal_jimmy Just 5 points above the drop and Bolton and Sunderland away in the next 4. If we lose those and fail to win at home in our next 2 then il be very worried.

I'm already pretty worried in that this side struggles to make chances and score goals

On current form, i reckon bolton could give us a hiding.

If we lose to sunderland we deserve to go down
They are fcking abysmal.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2017 18:25

Royal_jimmy Just 5 points above the drop and Bolton and Sunderland away in the next 4. If we lose those and fail to win at home in our next 2 then il be very worried.

And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2017 18:37

Umm, we made loads of chances today and scored 7 in the two games prior to that

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Nov 2017 18:53

Hound

Umm, we made loads of chances today and scored 7 in the two games prior to that

And how many did we score in the 13 before that?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2017 19:09

Would you say based on recent form we look like a team that can’t score goals?

Not saying you’re necessarily wrong, but to me we look full of goals at the moment

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Nov 2017 20:00

Real improvement in recent games. There's no possibility that we're going down. Given that we haven't played the bottom clubs yet. They need to beat us. Parking the bus will do them no favours. As was the case at Derby. With space we can play as Wolves did today and pick them off.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Nov 2017 07:42

Lower West Real improvement in recent games. There's no possibility that we're going down. Given that we haven't played the bottom clubs yet. They need to beat us. Parking the bus will do them no favours. As was the case at Derby. With space we can play as Wolves did today and pick them off.

But how do we know that improvement will continue? Lots of sides who have gone down have had a good spell or 2 in the season. Yes we may continue our solid performances over the last few games, if we don't though and we don't win at least 2 or 3 of the next 4 then we will be sucked into a relegation scrap.

Ok we are only 16 games in but the longer we are down there the more likely that A) players will lose confidence and B) the more likely there will be a managerial change which doesnt always improve results

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Nov 2017 08:26

Not too much wrong with the way Stam wants us to play, we certainly have goals in the team, pace and trickery, as well as players who on their day can magic something from nothing. All Stam now needs to do is stop over thinking things, find his 11 players and stick with them. if it takes him all of this season to learn this, then so be it. After all....he is a stubborn, arrogant fcuker.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Nov 2017 10:57

Next two away games against opponents with a combined home record of W2 D5 L10 should tell us if we are serious relegation candidates or not, anything less than 4 points would suggest maybe we are.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2017 11:49

windermereROYAL Next two away games against opponents with a combined home record of W2 D5 L10 should tell us if we are serious relegation candidates or not, anything less than 4 points would suggest maybe we are.

With the squad we have we should vying for a play off place. Not worrying about relegation.

1865 posts