MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by 12 Parkinsons

305 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (a) sponsored by 12 Parkinsons

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2017 21:37

Utterly awful dross. Almost lost to Bolton who did absolutely nothing at all for nearly all the game.

Really looks like the club are having the season they should have had last season this season.

Jaap is keeping his head above the water at the moment and while that may turn out to be sufficient to keep the club up this season will it be sufficient for him to still be manager by the summer?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Nov 2017 21:41

double d 1 point away from home is not bad against an in form team like Bolton. Onwards and upwards!

So you've gone from "Stam out, give us our Reading back, he's ruined our club" to "Stam is a god, I knew we would come back, a point isn't bad" in the space of a hour or so.

Explain this to me straight - are you having us all on here? Because if you aren't, it's embarrassing. Pull your finger out.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Nov 2017 21:43

genome
double d 1 point away from home is not bad against an in form team like Bolton. Onwards and upwards!

So you've gone from "Stam out, give us our Reading back, he's ruined our club" to "Stam is a god, I knew we would come back, a point isn't bad" in the space of a hour or so.

Explain this to me straight - are you having us all on here? Because if you aren't, it's embarrassing. Pull your finger out.

Jesus genome you're better than that.

He's the biggest, shittest troll out.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Nov 2017 21:45

"In a way I'm sad we lost"

oxf*rd BBCRB callers and Ady Williams is basically their spokesman.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Nov 2017 21:49

Sutekh Utterly awful dross. Almost lost to Bolton who did absolutely nothing at all for nearly all the game.

Really looks like the club are having the season they should have had last season this season.

Jaap is keeping his head above the water at the moment and while that may turn out to be sufficient to keep the club up this season will it be sufficient for him to still be manager by the summer?

Always value your opinion mate. Many thanks. Agree with everything in your post.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Nov 2017 21:55

The biggest interest I have in him is whose avatar he'll copy next.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 21 Nov 2017 22:14

Sutekh Utterly awful dross. Almost lost to Bolton who did absolutely nothing at all for nearly all the game.

Great post as always.

I think Stam needs a min of 6 points from our next 4 games otherwise we will be in real trouble and he will be relieved.

That will give someone else 4 games before the window opens to assess where it's going wrong.

Consistency is obviously the problem, we had that nailed last season. Now we don't know what performance we can expect from this Reading side.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Nov 2017 22:26

double d Gah I am not trolling. What is what I said different to what Sutekh said? It's the exact same thing when Genome talk to kes. He gets picked on by everybody for doing it even though everybody does it. I have had it with this board. I was just giving my honest opinion as a money paying person who can give an opinion. I quit!

Well, Sutekh made a well reasoned and thought out post, you spent 2 hrs squalking like a demented parrot with a "let's pretend we scored" post as the cherry on top.

No surprise that some posters are finding you incredibly tiresome and irritating.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Nov 2017 23:17

strap Blackett is possibly the biggest waste of money (£1M???) since Shaun Cummings (300k??), but then I remembered Stam pissed £3.5M on Ilori!! Hahahaha! Liverpool certainly saw Stam coming with THAT piece of genius.

I don't have a problem with either of these two. Just don't play Blackett at left back and he's fine
Ilori looked great when he started last year and seemed the perfect player for possession football

In fact the huge frustration for me (verging on anger) is that this is a really good squad. When they are all fit we are really spoilt for choice. Ok an out and out striker would help but we've shown in a couple of games it can work.
Most agree we should be higher up the table. Most would agree it's a good squad.
That just leaves Stam and his tinkering and ill thought out tactics to blame.

I don't blame his recruitment but I do blame his tactics and his changes of players and positions and his stubbornness

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Nov 2017 02:49

bcubed
strap Blackett is possibly the biggest waste of money (£1M???) since Shaun Cummings (300k??), but then I remembered Stam pissed £3.5M on Ilori!! Hahahaha! Liverpool certainly saw Stam coming with THAT piece of genius.

I don't have a problem with either of these two. Just don't play Blackett at left back and he's fine
Ilori looked great when he started last year and seemed the perfect player for possession football

In fact the huge frustration for me (verging on anger) is that this is a really good squad. When they are all fit we are really spoilt for choice. Ok an out and out striker would help but we've shown in a couple of games it can work.
Most agree we should be higher up the table. Most would agree it's a good squad.
That just leaves Stam and his tinkering and ill thought out tactics to blame.

I don't blame his recruitment but I do blame his tactics and his changes of players and positions and his stubbornness

Couldn't have put it better himself. And if fans feel frustrated then imagine how the players must feel. It must be a complete head-fcuk to be managed by Stam this season.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 22 Nov 2017 02:57

One thing- McShane is really lacking in pace and it’s starting to worry me, is he past it now? Seems a shadow of himself last year, although with those injuries and his age I really shouldn’t be so surprised

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2017 06:44

TiagoIlori One thing- McShane is really lacking in pace and it’s starting to worry me, is he past it now? Seems a shadow of himself last year, although with those injuries and his age I really shouldn’t be so surprised

I was surprised that McShane was given a year extension.

Given Blackett's relative solidity in the middle, it would make sense going forward to concentrate on Moore/Ilori/Blackett as the CB trio with Andresson as cover, especially now with Richards showing potential at LB and a Gunter/Bacuna combination at LB/RB also working.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 22 Nov 2017 07:04

Whilst the two goals we conceded are completely inexcusable, I'm a bit surprised with the meLOLtdown I've seen on here.

We've had a poor start to the season, there's no denying that. Some of the fixtures earlier in the campaign we lost games with such a whimper, and without even looking like scoring.

However Since the Forest game we have really started creating tonnes of chances, and last night was no exception. In the first half we had three chances sail just wide (one at 0-0 and a couple just prior to half time), and in the second half there was (like Saturday) some inspired goalkeeping. In any event we got a point, which was the least we deserved.

Clearly I'm an RTG, but I'm not a blind RTG. I completely appreciated that these silly mistakes and lack of concentration need to be eradicated, both in defence and going forward. But, given how much more we are creating, I'm reassured that we can turn this corner with a bit of fine tuning.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2017 07:58

WAZZOCK Whilst the two goals we conceded are completely inexcusable, I'm a bit surprised with the meLOLtdown I've seen on here.

We've had a poor start to the season, there's no denying that. Some of the fixtures earlier in the campaign we lost games with such a whimper, and without even looking like scoring.

However Since the Forest game we have really started creating tonnes of chances, and last night was no exception. In the first half we had three chances sail just wide (one at 0-0 and a couple just prior to half time), and in the second half there was (like Saturday) some inspired goalkeeping. In any event we got a point, which was the least we deserved.

Clearly I'm an RTG, but I'm not a blind RTG. I completely appreciated that these silly mistakes and lack of concentration need to be eradicated, both in defence and going forward. But, given how much more we are creating, I'm reassured that we can turn this corner with a bit of fine tuning.

We were playing Bolton.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Nov 2017 08:07

leon
We were playing Bolton.

Without a first choice team.

If football was that predictable. No one would turn up and watch. We'd all sit in front of the telly and watch a European superleague. No thanks.

I'm happy to live with the ups and downs. Providing there's improvement. Which from watching all our recent appearances there most certainly has.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 08:14

And tbf, they are unbeaten in 7, having beaten Norwich and got a point at Preston in their previous 2 games

Agree with FDTW fully about McShane. He looks done to me. Too many bad decisions, and too many risks.I like Blackett as a CB, and would definitely be looking at pairing up Moore with Ilori rather than McShane as the first choice 2 at the back. Richards should get a run at LB.

I don't think we are far away from getting things right. Need 3 positive results in the next 3 games though

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Nov 2017 08:26

:roll:

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 22 Nov 2017 08:36

leon
WAZZOCK Whilst the two goals we conceded are completely inexcusable, I'm a bit surprised with the meLOLtdown I've seen on here.

We were playing Bolton.

Apart from the bit about getting a point, the same still applies for the Wolves game - and they’re top of the league.

Hope that helps.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 22 Nov 2017 08:37

Lower West
leon
We were playing Bolton.

If football was that predictable. No one would turn up and watch. We'd all sit in front of the telly and watch a European superleague. No thanks.

I'm happy to live with the ups and downs. Providing there's improvement. Which from watching all our recent appearances there most certainly has.

This too.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2017 08:45

WAZZOCK
Lower West
leon
We were playing Bolton.

This too.

I disagree. This Bolton side are poor and the squad we have should be doing better than it is.

We have long running defensive issues that have not been addressed in what’s actually a fairly stable defensive line up - ok we were missing JVB - markers not picking up runners, conceding from set plays, making stupid mistakes, basic errors. That sort of thing.

Unnecessary changes and odd lineups also don’t help.

I’ve wanted Stam to succeed but I’m not sure he’s learning anything.

As for the alternative being watching a European super league - wtf?

305 posts