MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (a) sponsored by an FA Cup run needed to save the season

182 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (a) sponsored by an FA Cup run needed to save the season

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jan 2018 14:49

Muskrat
Sutekh According to the Chronicle :

READING FC boss Jaap Stam is set to ring the changes for tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round clash at Stevenage (3pm ko).
Stam confirmed he plans to rest a number of his first-team players in the aftermath of Tuesday’s home defeat to Championship strugglers Birmingham City.

That means the likes of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Tiago Ilori, Adrian Popa and Omar Richards could all get the nod against League Two Boro, while Anssi Jaakkola is set to deputise for Vito Mannone between the sticks.
Stam explained: “I need to make changes because some players are tired and when you aren’t getting results everything feels heavier and heavier which is normal.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... Stevenage/

Nothing wrong with his approach at all IMO. We have a big and talented squad and should be capable of putting out two first eleven's, more or less. So I'm expecting us to win tomorrow whatever team Stam fields. More important to me will be the style of play. Stevenage won't allow us any time on the ball which should make for an entertaining game...

They keep that quiet..............

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (a) sponsored by an FA Cup run needed to save the season

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2018 16:53

Nicky Shorey is now coach at Stevenage.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 Jan 2018 10:35

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews Is anyone aware what "certain qualities" Stevenage have?

No, but I'm sure they play in a "certain way".

Well we will have to counter this by getting in "certain situations" then.

I'm certain that a significant part of the resentment towards Voldemort is his penchant for 'certain '

That and 'project' should be banned.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jan 2018 12:13

Old Man Andrews Is anyone aware what "certain qualities" Stevenage have?

They probably have some 6ft 7inc front man who will tower over our defence and cause chaos and havnt taken into account.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 13:27

Very strange side today. No Dadi at all (Ill apparently - Great timing )Or Beerens/Popa. Presuming the latter two must be on their way somewhere. No forwards, presuming some sort of 3-5-2 with Bacuna and Richards wing backs

Anssi, Bacuna, McShane, Ilori, Richards, JVDB, Edwards, kelly, Evans, McCleary, Barrow

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Jan 2018 13:34

no striker. Is it effectively 4-4-2 with Barrow and McCleary playing though the middle

Perhaps Jaap doesn't want a cup run to fill the coffers, thereby ensuring we can't afford to pay him off

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 13:38

Be a 4-4-2 with no strikers and no wingers in their correct positions if we played that. Can only guess Bacuna and Richards are there to provide the width

It’s certainly not filled me with confidence

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Jan 2018 13:51

Hound Be a 4-4-2 with no strikers and no wingers in their correct positions if we played that. Can only guess Bacuna and Richards are there to provide the width

It’s certainly not filled me with confidence

More like 5-5-0 with van den Red Card playing in between McShane and Waste of Money as 3 CBs.

Stam is clearly trying to get some kind of record for playing the most dumb-arsed combination ever.

The sooner he goes and takes his shit Waste of Money signings with him the better.

Not content with spunking £1M on one Manure LFB reject, we now hear he's after another who has utterly failed whilst on loan at Leeds this season. Stam is an utter tool who joins the long list of excellent players who simply do not have what it takes to be a manager.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 06 Jan 2018 13:57

McCleary at centre forward? Oh dear this looks desperate. Plus no height in defence so will win nothing in the air and probably concede the usual two goals.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2018 14:00

So is Moore’s injury the same as Coutinho’s then?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Jan 2018 14:05

Muskrat
Sutekh According to the Chronicle :

READING FC boss Jaap Stam is set to ring the changes for tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round clash at Stevenage (3pm ko).
Stam confirmed he plans to rest a number of his first-team players in the aftermath of Tuesday’s home defeat to Championship strugglers Birmingham City.

That means the likes of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Tiago Ilori, Adrian Popa and Omar Richards could all get the nod against League Two Boro, while Anssi Jaakkola is set to deputise for Vito Mannone between the sticks.
Stam explained: “I need to make changes because some players are tired and when you aren’t getting results everything feels heavier and heavier which is normal.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... Stevenage/

Nothing wrong with his approach at all IMO. We have a big and talented squad and should be capable of putting out two first eleven's, more or less. So I'm expecting us to win tomorrow whatever team Stam fields. More important to me will be the style of play. Stevenage won't allow us any time on the ball which should make for an entertaining game...

" Some players are tired ".....my arse , poor little lambs having a to play a couple of games a football a week and able to train full time. Pathetic, rather than say resting just say they are dropped, as the current shower of sh*te wouldn't win the Reading Sunday League.

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 14:10

Where the pfuck is danny Loader!!!!!!

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 Jan 2018 14:16

What the actual oxf*rd is that team? 4-1-5-0.. 3-1-6-0?
Plenty of width, then.....

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Jan 2018 14:17

Gunny Fishcake " Some players are tired ".....my arse , poor little lambs having a to play a couple of games a football a week and able to train full time. Pathetic, rather than say resting just say they are dropped.

Resting, dropped, whatever. If he said 'such and such players are all dropped', would you and many other's be all over it, or would you be praising his honesty? Looking around the country today, nearly all manager's have rested or dropped some players in the cup, regardless of their league positions, due to tiredness, to avoid risk of injury, etc. So, seems like there just might be something to it.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 06 Jan 2018 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 06 Jan 2018 14:18

double d Where the pfuck is danny Loader!!!!!!

I've tipped Marc Town off about Danny Loader....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 14:23

Moore did need a rest. I’d have rested a few others as well tbh, inc Barrow

It’s one of those cliches about players should be able to play every other day that’s been pretty much disproved. They could do this at a increased risk of injury but their performance levels will decrease. And tbh the last thing we need is for Moore to be injured or performance levels to drop further

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 14:25

Dick Habbin's hairdo
double d Where the pfuck is danny Loader!!!!!!

I've tipped Marc Town off about Danny Loader....

Que?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 14:34

McShane almost gets caught out after trying to play the ball out from the back but just about survives.

Arrrggghhhh :roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2018 14:39

Is Moore injured, or "injured"?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2018 14:42

genome Is Moore injured, or "injured"?

Well we wouldn't want him to be cup tied for his next club. :?

This line up just about sums up Stam's approach really. He'll probably blame the fans afterwards if we lose.

182 posts