CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

bobby m's syrup

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Feb 2017 12:58

We should easily conker this league when Mr Popa starts knocking them in.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Feb 2017 17:24

No Popary!

alfie9

by alfie9 » 12 Jan 2018 20:16

Popa's scored another 2 for the under 23s tonight.

Why is he nowhere near the first team?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jan 2018 20:29

alfie9 Popa's scored another 2 for the under 23s tonight.

Why is he nowhere near the first team?

Can only be an attitude problem we don't know about. Shame really, he's a far better option than Aluko.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jan 2018 20:49

Has he made too many forward passes or crossed the half way line once too often? Is this what counts for “attitude” these days?

Could it just be the fact he didn’t cost £7m?

Whatever it is, I wish him well at his next club and hope tonight helped put him in the shop window.

He’s clearly wasted in the dire tedium of having Stam as his manager.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2018 21:34

He has been very poorly treated. What was the point of this signing? He has never been given a chance

alfie9

by alfie9 » 12 Jan 2018 23:00

Remember the Aston Villa game that we were all raving about and calling Stam's best performance? That was largely the work of Barrow and Popa.

He's clearly not injured so I'm baffled by the fact that we're forcing him out.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2018 08:53

Is there a conspiracy developing at the club to get it relegated?

Bodvarsson has a pretty decent strike rate this season - gets on the bench if he's lucky
    Popa is also pretty decent and has looked more than capable whenever I've seen him yet rarely anywhere near the matchday squad
    Look to have a perfectly decent left back in Richards yet gets one opportunity every 3 months and is promptly dropped
While

Aluko continues to deliver no end product
    Everyone and their mum seems top get played at left back, anything in fact that gives maximum disruption to the team balance
    Striker? What's that then?
Then there's the mystifying refusal to adapt the style and usually quite weird substitution decisions that change nothing or make things worse

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 09:54

No conspiracy just crap management

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2018 10:32

He was utter dogshit in the last 25 minutes of the U23 game vs Brighton.

Like pub player bad. Against kids.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 13 Jan 2018 16:33

I'm expecting him to go this month and I think the only reason he's been playing for the u23s recently is to get match fitness. Can't see him being involved in the match day squad again this season unless there's multiple injuries.

popafan

by popafan » 13 Jan 2018 16:40

I would give him a few games as he is much more commited than the unfit McCleary and at least he cares and works his socks off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 18:42

How we could do with a finisher like that, but lets stick to players over the hill and past their best,.

https://twitter.com/adrian_popa77/statu ... 9638767616

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 19:03

2 Lovely Goals tbf

His attitude looks decent in those games as well, I don’t reckon the problem with Stam is one of attitude. Obv just speculating though

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 22 Jul 2018 13:04

Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

I know because, for some weird reason, I follow three footballers on Instagram: GMac, Popa and Danny Williams.

:arrow: Danny williams is obsessed with fitness, football and fashion.
:arrow: GMac seems a quiet family man
:arrow: Popa is travelling NON-STOP. He seems to travel for a day to a lunch spot somewhere weird and is on a plane again!

I always wondered why Stam bought (maybe he didn't) Popa but didn't take to him. Now I think I now why; he's just not that into football. Yes, he's been injured a lot, and yes he's injured now so why not go to Romania for rehab/a birthday celebration. But if he was really dedicated to making a success of Reading he'd stay around the club, do his rehab here, get to know his teammates etc...

I really want him to do well, I've always quite liked him; I just can't see it happening :(

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2018 16:24

PistolPete Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

I know because, for some weird reason, I follow three footballers on Instagram: GMac, Popa and Danny Williams.

:arrow: Popa is travelling NON-STOP. He seems to travel for a day to a lunch spot somewhere weird and is on a plane again!

I always wondered why Stam bought (maybe he didn't) Popa but didn't take to him. Now I think I now why; he's just not that into football. Yes, he's been injured a lot, and yes he's injured now so why not go to Romania for rehab/a birthday celebration. But if he was really dedicated to making a success of Reading he'd stay around the club, do his rehab here, get to know his teammates etc...

I really want him to do well, I've always quite liked him; I just can't see it happening :(

Rate you as a poster but what a load of shit.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Jul 2018 16:31

CountryRoyal
PistolPete Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

Rate you as a poster but what a load of shit.

Why do you think that?

If you have a look at Popa's instagram, he's always on the move. If Stam didn't think he was being terribly professional outside the club, then why wouldn't it have had an effect on how he was perceived?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2018 18:46

I disagree with the notion that he’s not into football because he either travels frequently or the fact he posts it on social media.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Jul 2018 19:45

CountryRoyal I disagree with the notion that he’s not into football because he either travels frequently or the fact he posts it on social media.

Oh ok. Yeah it doesn't tell me if he's into football, it does tell me he doesn't stay quietly in at home much.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 23 Jul 2018 19:54

My point was made as a direct comparison to Danny Williams. The guy only left Huddersfield for surgery/rehab in the US and for a short holiday. He posts banter with his teammates regularly and comes across as obsessive about getting fit and doing well for HTFC. If it’s all curated PR, then he’s fooled me. Equally, if Popa is desperate to fit in and succeed at Reading and is actually round Gunters watching re-runs of the promotion season under Copell, but doesn’t want to instagram it due to being bashful- then fair play, he’s also fooled me.

I guess I misrepresented my feelings with the ‘he doesn’t love football’ thing. The main point is that he doesn’t appear to be doing what I would want him to do as a RFC player who hasn’t yet succeeded. I mean, wtf is he doing in Bucharest again?!