MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

165 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 18:40

Hound
windermereROYAL Brief highlights on Sky, Hull had a goal disallowed, offside I think. Manonne made a few decent save, and we went close few times 2nd half.
5th clean sheet, a point, didn't lose, WTF would it be like if we lost judging by social media tonight?

Best not to judge anything by social media tbh. Unless you want to thoroughly depress yourself

agreed 100%

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Jan 2018 18:44

windermereROYAL Brief highlights on Sky, Hull had a goal disallowed, offside I think. Manonne made a few decent save, and we went close few times 2nd half.
5th clean sheet, a point, didn't lose, WTF would it be like if we lost judging by social media tonight?

Not offside, was given for a foul on Mannone, he had a hand on top of the ball when it was kicked from under it.
Could have been given.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 18:50

Ascotexgunner

Not offside, was given for a foul on Mannone, he had a hand on top of the ball when it was kicked from under it.
Could have been given.

You need to have two hands on the ball for it to be deemed a foul.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 13 Jan 2018 19:02

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
genome
Ah, looks like it's been deleted.

Moore, McCleary and Gunter came out to have a chat to a few fans after the game before getting on the coach. A supporter then tweeted having a go at Liam Moore for "his attitude" during the conversation, although apparently all he did was disagree that it was a bad result, and that going to the centre circle to clap the fans off is enough (the supporter wanted them to come all the way over)

Moore replied with "5 minutes ago you just shook my hand after I came over and thanked you for your loyal support, travelling hours to come and watch us. Now you're writing this"

:shock:

What a mega bellend. For the record, I don't mean Moore.

Agreed. Looking at the air vents thread on Club Policies it sounds like he's been consulting with the club about 'improving the atmosphere' as well! Might be a good start if he didn't piss the players off at the same time.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Jan 2018 19:02

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Could have been given.

Which probably explains the angry Hull players surrounding the ref.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2018 19:03

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Could have been given.

Loads of people have already posted the rules regarding this on social media and this is not correct.

It was a foul and correctly ruled out.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jan 2018 19:16

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Could have been given.

No you don't. The ball can be touching one hand and "another surface" . That can be the ground, a part of the body, even a goal post. I assume the ball must have been between Mannone's hand and the ground. can anyone confirm if this was the case?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 19:39

Looks that way from the SS news highlights

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Jan 2018 20:10

The Royal Forester
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
Could have been given.

No you don't. The ball can be touching one hand and "another surface" . That can be the ground, a part of the body, even a goal post. I assume the ball must have been between Mannone's hand and the ground. can anyone confirm if this was the case?

It was. He had his hand on top of the ball pushing it towards the ground. Even Adkins agreed it shouldn't have been given.

double d

by double d » 13 Jan 2018 20:11

Hound

Best not to judge anything by social media tbh. Unless you want to thoroughly depress yourself

Some of the fans on twitter and facebook are utter bellends

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Jan 2018 20:41

windermereROYAL
Royals and Racers
windermereROYAL
If we beat Stevenage the Burton game will be off. another game in hand to wait for and points to make up.

Hardly a long wait - 3 days !

The Burton game already arranged if it`s it`s postponed?

Yes Tuesday January 30th KO 7.45pm - as per Reading FC website.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2018 21:10

The Twitter spats between supporters and players is way more entertaining than the games these days. Really toxic atmosphere at the moment all over the shop. Something had got to give eventually.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2018 21:13

All overblown and a bit of a lol.....wake me up when we reach Columbian standards of chastisement :o

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 14 Jan 2018 01:56

Ascotexgunner
genome 0 wins in 8 games
2 goals in 7 games

Jesus

Pathetic and shameful....god knows what the owners are doing and Stam and Gourlay appear to be running this shower of shite into the ground. I honestly believe things won't improve and we are going down.

What Stam said after the game "Everybody wants to win and get three points but it's not always easy. We were facing a good team, a big club. Sometimes you just need to fight and you need to defend and you need to keep a clean sheet, and hopefully from that get something extra. When it is not going well you don't get the opportunities or score the goals".

You can be sure Stevenage had people watching that today and they looked pretty well organised so I fear tuesday night won't be a goal fest either ...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jan 2018 11:26

double d
Hound

If you ever want an example of how weird Twitter Reading fans are, just take a look at this...

https://twitter.com/SimpIyHarriott/stat ... 5481305089

double d

by double d » 14 Jan 2018 11:44

genome
double d
Hound

If you ever want an example of how weird Twitter Reading fans are, just take a look at this...

https://twitter.com/SimpIyHarriott/stat ... 5481305089

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Jan 2018 11:57

double d
Hound

Some of the "fans" on HNA, twitter and facebook are utter bellends

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Jan 2018 11:57

double d
Hound

Some of the "fans" on HNA, twitter and facebook are utter bellends

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 14 Jan 2018 13:14

Sounded like a poor game played out by two poor teams. Correct decision to disallow their "goal ". In fact when kicking the ball out of his hands the keeper is still deemed to have it under his control (think George Best and Gordon Banks).

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 15 Jan 2018 12:03

double d
Hound

Most of the fans on twitter and facebook are utter bellends

Corrected for you...

165 posts