BFTG Brentford

193 posts
ladida_gunner_graham

Re: BFTG Brentford

by ladida_gunner_graham » 20 Jan 2018 18:21

Is there a more insipid midfield in the division? On current form, if van den Berg and Aluko are good enough to get a game on merit, we're in real trouble. Kelly has lost it and Barrow is no longer a threat and appears to have lost confidence in front of goal.

double d

by double d » 20 Jan 2018 18:22

Our fans are an utter disgrace. 0/10

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 18:24

Westwood52 I actually thought we were pretty awful again today;but TBF slightly better than those run of games against the relegation zone teams.
Walking out of the ground I heard someone say we did not deserve to lose-you have to be joking-the Bees in fact missed half a dozen clear cut chances-this is going to kill them if they want to go up.

IMHO:

Vito 5: Couple of good saves but I think he had a chance to clear for their goal.Credit to him for coming over to the fans after the game.
Gunter 5: It was not all bad; he just needs to grow some-soft as s**t.
Omar 5: Was at his absolute physical limit-hence his hammy went-hopefully he will grow from this.
Moore 6: I think in his mind-he is on his way.
Ilori 5: More comfortable than McShane on the ball-but made a few bad mistakes in his decision making.
Joey 2: Why is he playing ?He is just too slow and unathletic. How on earth did he get a new contract ?
Evans 2: Almost as bad as Joey;too slow and unathletic. He was convinced it was handball late on. It was right in front of me, but everything happened so fast.
Kelly 6: Some terrible passes, and often overpowered; but kept going-unlucky with the free kick.
Alukho 1: Stealing a living-whats wrong with him ?Did absolutely nothing.
Bovard 7: Give him his due-worked his socks off-but probably should have scored. Cannot hold the ball up when its in the air-unlike Kermit at his best.
Mo 6: He loses heart, far too easily.

Tyler: Did OK-looked more comfortable than Omar
Kermit: Hes gone-end of.Overweight and out of condition.
Roy: Why no Macca ?-Roy is stealing a living.

Stam: The first evidence of division amongst the senior leadership team-He almost admitted after the game that the squad was inadequate; compared to most of the division. Joey should never be picked, I'd rather have Edwards (& Roy instead of Macca-really). Macca as bad as he is playing always gives you a chance.

Ref-I actually thought he was biased-in the 1st half-and I haver never thought that of any English Pro Ref before-he was a lot fairer 2nd half.

We look like one of the worst three teams in the division.

The squad is only inadequate under his leadership

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 18:25

Yann was dreadful as mentioned but what on Earth was going on when Moore get sent to CF (ineptly) whilst Yann played CM (ineptly)?

Smacks of just making it up as we go along

One thing not mentioned was the fans were actually pretty supportive. No boos and fans and players clapped each other at the end. Slightly surprising but I think at least the effort the majority (ie not Aluko) put in was appreciated

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jan 2018 18:28

We are oxf*rd aren't we?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jan 2018 18:29

Brentford fully deserved that. They were quick,incisive and skilful and should have been out of sight at one stage. Van Den Berg is a total liability and painfully slow. Kelly is a lightweight although he improved in the final quarter of the match and was unlucky with his free-kick.
Gunter and Bod our best performers. Barrow and Aluko were woeful. We need more physicality in central midfield

Stam needs to go.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:31

Hound Yann was dreadful as mentioned but what on Earth was going on when Moore get sent to CF (ineptly) whilst Yann played CM (ineptly)?

Smacks of just making it up as we go along

One thing not mentioned was the fans were actually pretty supportive. No boos and fans and players clapped each other at the end. Slightly surprising but I think at least the effort the majority (ie not Aluko) put in was appreciated

Perhaps it was the placement of the mics but boos were relatively vociferous coming through iFollow, still not as loud as Brentford's cheering it has to be said.

double d

by double d » 20 Jan 2018 18:32

Old Man Andrews We are oxf*rd aren't we?

Tbf they would probably beat us at the moment.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:35

Westwood52 We look like one of the worst three teams in the division.

When opposition fans don’t want Stam to be sacked before they play us you just know we’re in trouble.

JAN:
Away: Burton Albion
FEB:
Home: Millwall
Away: Middlesbrough
Home: Sheffield United
Away: Nottingham Forest
Home: Derby County

Apart from the Burton game we’re oxf*rd.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:36

Oilroyal

When opposition fans don’t want Stam to be sacked before they play us you just know we’re in trouble.

JAN:
FEB:

First game of March is Wolves away as well. :lol:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 18:39

Oilroyal

JAN:
FEB:

Burton will fancy their chances

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 18:40

Thing is, you watch the teams in the upper half of the division, and they are all clearly beatable. We actually looked more like getting points from today than we did Birmingham

Not that with the current set up I can see us beating anyone. Gourlay needs to do what is paid for and bin Stam I’m afraid.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jan 2018 18:43

On Tuesday week we'll know for sure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 18:47

Lower West

On Tuesday week we'll know for sure.

Just been beaten by Burton and Brum, so on current form I’d certainly say we are the worst side in the division

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Jan 2018 18:48

I have already accepted relegation. Even if Stam is sacked who can turn that shower round? We were outplayed by a club who run on a fraction of our budget. I hope the players are as embarrassed as we are?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 18:49

CountryRoyal
Oilroyal

JAN:
FEB:

First game of March is Wolves away as well. :lol:

So 11 games after that little lot to save ourselves.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jan 2018 18:55

Jackson Corner Even if Stam is sacked who can turn that shower round?

Despite all the comings and goings of the past 18 months. We are still left with an unbalanced squad.

No one ever mentions the director of football. Been quiet for a while. Yet in September was pronouncing.

"Brian Tevreden says Reading FC signings have made club promotion contenders"

How much input did Stam have?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:57

Jackson Corner I have already accepted relegation. Even if Stam is sacked who can turn that shower round? We were outplayed by a club who run on a fraction of our budget. I hope the players are as embarrassed as we are?

I was one of the few that wanted Karanka.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Jan 2018 19:01

Lower West
Jackson Corner Even if Stam is sacked who can turn that shower round?

Despite all the comings and goings of the past 18 months. We are still left with an unbalanced squad.

No one ever mentions the director of football. Been quiet for a while. Yet in September was pronouncing.

"Brian Tevreden says Reading FC signings have made club promotion contenders"

How much input did Stam have?

he seemed to rave about aluko in the media before signing him and he got what he wanted

alfie9

by alfie9 » 20 Jan 2018 19:03

Hound Thing is, you watch the teams in the upper half of the division, and they are all clearly beatable. We actually looked more like getting points from today than we did Birmingham

Not that with the current set up I can see us beating anyone. Gourlay needs to do what is paid for and bin Stam I’m afraid.

That's what's especially disheartening to me about this season... the division is clearly weaker. There are no standout teams apart from Wolves, no other team could challenge Newcastle or Brighton of last season for top 2. This season should've at the very least seen us hovering around the top 6 with the players we have. Instead it's been at best an utter waste of time, and at worst the destruction of the club as we know it

193 posts