New winger + possible new striker

jonnyroyal1871

New winger + possible new striker

by jonnyroyal1871 » 22 Jan 2018 02:59

We are closing to raiding Swansea's reserves for winger Dyer. Fee of about £350,000. Player in advanced talks. We have also scouted Exeter City's Jayden Stockley a few times. They spent 100k of the incoming Watkins to Brentford money, and will want a healthy return. Norwich and Birmingham also interested.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New winger + possible new striker

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2018 10:37

A winger . just what we need, with Popa rotting in the U23s, even scored in the 9-1 friendly defeat to a strong Brentford side yesterday. must be humiliating for him. did he fcuk Stam`s missus or something?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2018 10:49

windermereROYAL A winger . just what we need, with Popa rotting in the U23s, even scored in the 9-1 friendly defeat to a strong Brentford side yesterday. must be humiliating for him. did he fcuk Stam`s missus or something?

Heard he put it on record that he thinks Holland is too flat.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2018 10:49

Any source to this one?

Jack Marriott at Peterborough would look to be a good shout at the moment if you want a lower league striker though probably in the £2/3m bracket

Though can't see any of it mattering really considering that the strikers we do have sit on the bench, get injured and if they do play get **** all service or played in midfield.

And another winger, yay way to go Stam, just what is needed to spend what little money is remaining.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jan 2018 11:01

Sutekh Jack Marriott at Peterborough would look to be a good shout at the moment if you want a lower league striker though probably in the £2/3m bracket

And the rest. Will go for £5m+

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Jan 2018 11:05

Dyer would be a step up from Popa,Beerens, McCleary (sadly) and Aluko (if he is a winger).
Stockley has done well since moving away from Bournemouth and my mate is friendly with his dad so will try to find out if there is any substance to this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2018 11:05

Wasn't Marriott priced up at 7mill?

Don't know if there is any truth in either of these, but I'd take both. Don't know much about Stockley, but he looks a big lad and scored a fair few goals (admittedly not at a great standard), and Dyer is decent

The caveat would be that we'd a shed a load of the wingers which we currently have - ie selling Beerens and leaving out Aluko. And probably and slightly regretfully Popa.
Last edited by Hound on 22 Jan 2018 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2018 11:06

People who are saying we have too many wingers and don't need another one.

Barrow - decent, probably our best player but lacks a cutting edge.
Aluko - deemed not good enough by the masses.
Beerens - see above.
Popa - in the U23's, probably deserves a chance but if he doesn't score or provide an assist in a few games, he will also be deemed not good enough.
GMac - seriously unfit and looks a shaddow of his former self.
Harriot - Serious injury, unknown how he will perform when/if he comes back.

Yep, we have an abundance of good wingers and certainly don't need another one....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2018 11:17

Swansea reserve Dyer, who pretty much starts every game for them?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2018 11:28

ha thats a fair point. One of those teams I take zero notice of, but checked their last two Prem line ups and he started.

Sounds like BS

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 12:25

Saw Exeter a few months ago. Conditions were terrible, but I think Stockley looked ok. No one looked up to our standard.

I'd rather see Loader play than than sign one for the future from L2. Unless they've got a great record over more than one season.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 22 Jan 2018 12:55

jonnyroyal1871 We are closing to raiding Swansea's reserves for winger Dyer. Fee of about £350,000. Player in advanced talks. We have also scouted Exeter City's Jayden Stockley a few times. They spent 100k of the incoming Watkins to Brentford money, and will want a healthy return. Norwich and Birmingham also interested.

Jayden Stockley isn't championship material He couldn't get into Bournemouths team when they were in champ and is nowhere near championship quality

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2018 13:23

paddy20
jonnyroyal1871 We are closing to raiding Swansea's reserves for winger Dyer. Fee of about £350,000. Player in advanced talks. We have also scouted Exeter City's Jayden Stockley a few times. They spent 100k of the incoming Watkins to Brentford money, and will want a healthy return. Norwich and Birmingham also interested.

Jayden Stockley isn't championship material He couldn't get into Bournemouths team when they were in champ

You're aware that was 2 1/2 seasons ago right and players can develop/get better?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Jan 2018 14:00

Hendo
paddy20

Jayden Stockley isn't championship material He couldn't get into Bournemouths team when they were in champ

You're aware that was 2 1/2 seasons ago right and players can develop/get better?

Have any of ours in that time?!? Obita perhaps, although crocked. Kelly, although gone right off the boil currently. Watson and Richards are starting to come through but a good way to go yet. Other than that, I'm struggling ... Moore I suppose is one, but Swift hasn't kicked on mainly due to injuries TBF.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2018 14:48

strap
Hendo
paddy20

Have any of ours in that time?!? Obita perhaps, although crocked. Kelly, although gone right off the boil currently. Watson and Richards are starting to come through but a good way to go yet. Other than that, I'm struggling ... Moore I suppose is one, but Swift hasn't kicked on mainly due to injuries TBF.

What difference does it make if any of ours have in the last 2 1/2 years?

Players like Sidwell, Harper, Shorey, Long, Doyle, Gylfi etc... developed over 2 1/2 years while they were with us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 17:38

Stockley looked handy in the Notts County highlights, but having clocked him in them and checked whether the played in the game I saw live, I can't say he left a strong positive impression.

This is an Exeter side where Pierce Sweeney and Jake Taylor look a cut above most of the rest.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 22 Jan 2018 18:05

Victor Meldrew Dyer would be a step up from Popa,Beerens, McCleary (sadly) and Aluko (if he is a winger).
Stockley has done well since moving away from Bournemouth and my mate is friendly with his dad so will try to find out if there is any substance to this.

Thats strange as my mate is also a friend of His Dads'

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Jan 2018 18:12

Hendo

Players like Sidwell, Harper, Shorey, Long, Doyle, Gylfi etc... developed over 2 1/2 years while they were with us.

Murty evolved through sheer hard work and perseverance.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Jan 2018 18:50

paddy20
Victor Meldrew Dyer would be a step up from Popa,Beerens, McCleary (sadly) and Aluko (if he is a winger).

Thats strange as my mate is also a friend of His Dads'

Does your mate live in Bournemouth and have a surname that is just about the most common of all Anglo-Saxon names?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Jan 2018 20:01

Dyer is on the television at the moment playing in a nothing game against a team from up north.

I think this one's got legs.