Deadline Day Thread

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Deadline Day Thread

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2018 11:39

Winston Biscuit
Stranded
genome Looks like Jordan Rhodes might be available, rumoured to go to Sunderland. Worth a punt?

Hard to put a finger on it but something about him I just don't rate

A Blackburn supporting mate said he was a weird one for them, great goalscoring record but was incredibly lazy and the fans would get on his back a lot. Reckons he has an obvious natural talent for getting in the right place to finish things off but seemed to use that to justify slowly wandering round aimlessly for most of the match.

Which could be the exact reason why we didn't sign him when we were heavily linked a few years ago.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Jan 2018 13:48

Hendo
Winston Biscuit
Stranded
Hard to put a finger on it but something about him I just don't rate

A Blackburn supporting mate said he was a weird one for them, great goalscoring record but was incredibly lazy and the fans would get on his back a lot. Reckons he has an obvious natural talent for getting in the right place to finish things off but seemed to use that to justify slowly wandering round aimlessly for most of the match.

Which could be the exact reason why we didn't sign him when we were heavily linked a few years ago.

Not for me

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 31 Jan 2018 19:22

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2018 19:29

TiagoIlori Somethings happened at last https://twitter.com/readingfc/status/958782438733316096

Omg.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Feb 2018 12:38

I think Bolton losing Gary Madine might have ended any hopes they had for survival.

That's Burton and Bolton for the drop, for me. Then it's one from Sunderland, Hull or Birmingham - probably the Tigers at this rate with old golden boy in charge.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 Feb 2018 13:08

John Smith I think Bolton losing Gary Madine might have ended any hopes they had for survival.

That's Burton and Bolton for the drop, for me. Then it's one from Sunderland, Hull or Birmingham - probably the Tigers at this rate with old golden boy in charge.

I’m 100% sure Birmingham and Hull will stay up, at this point it’s either Barnsley or Sunderland. The latter is my favourite to go down on the final day

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Feb 2018 14:17

TiagoIlori
John Smith I think Bolton losing Gary Madine might have ended any hopes they had for survival.

I’m 100% sure Birmingham and Hull will stay up, at this point it’s either Barnsley or Sunderland. The latter is my favourite to go down on the final day

The problem for Hull is that they don't score goals. Sunderland do. I think that's what will make the difference.

Afterall, especially at this level, goals really do change games.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 Feb 2018 14:30

John Smith
TiagoIlori

The problem for Hull is that they don't score goals. Sunderland do. I think that's what will make the difference.

They’re both in a pretty shit situation no doubt about it, I just don’t rate their replacement for Grabban who seemed to score out of nothing. It’s got so bad for them Sunderland fans are telling Coleman to leave to save his reputation

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Feb 2018 14:33

TiagoIlori
John Smith
TiagoIlori I’m 100% sure Birmingham and Hull will stay up, at this point it’s either Barnsley or Sunderland. The latter is my favourite to go down on the final day

They’re both in a pretty shit situation no doubt about it, I just don’t rate their replacement for Grabban who seemed to score out of nothing. It’s got so bad for them Sunderland fans are telling Coleman to leave to save his reputation

Yes it's a dire situation for sure...

But I just feel that at this level, if you don't score goals you don't win games.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 Feb 2018 15:47

John Smith
TiagoIlori
John Smith The problem for Hull is that they don't score goals. Sunderland do. I think that's what will make the difference.

But I just feel that at this level, if you don't score goals you don't win games.

An attacking minded approach only works with quality attacking players in this league, Sunderland don’t really have that in their locker. Forwards can only do so much, so if the defence is poor you lose games

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Feb 2018 09:13

John Smith
TiagoIlori
John Smith The problem for Hull is that they don't score goals. Sunderland do. I think that's what will make the difference.

not just at this level