141 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Stam to be sacked?

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Feb 2018 12:00

Looking like Stam is on the brink now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Stam.html

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/04/po ... ding-sack/

If true, this represents total mismanagement at the board room. They let him bring 2 loanees in and the window just shut. They should have parted company after that Burton game.

Any replacement will have to work with what we have! Not that it should be hard keeping that squad up.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 12:10

Royal_jimmy Looking like Stam is on the brink now

If true, this represents total mismanagement at the board room. They let him bring 2 loanees in and the window just shut. They should have parted company after that Burton game.

Any replacement will have to work with what we have! Not that it should be hard keeping that squad up.

Yeah but he's been on the brink before. Let us hope that common sense prevails at last and he's summariily dismissed for gross negligence and no pay-off. Image it - £3M for turning the club into an utter shambles. The man should be ashamed of himself.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 12:24

Royal_jimmy Looking like Stam is on the brink now

But it's not as if the two loanees were not the type another manager might want in ...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Feb 2018 12:26

It will be like Christmas!!

Which is ironic because it's when the pcunt should have been sacked at the latest by anyway.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 12:30

Three reports today saying something could be happening. J Low say news outlets are just copying the first report.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 12:36

windermereROYAL Three reports today saying something could be happening. J Low say news outlets are just copying the first report.

He doesn’t know anything, every single reading related news since Charles Watts went was leaked by national media(occasionally local media eg. Wolves and Jon dadi). All our reporters just sit there waiting for a phone call from the media team

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Feb 2018 12:36

"It is understood that the home defeat against the Lions will spell the end for Stam"

=

"We read some posts on Hob Nob"

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Feb 2018 12:52

Ideally they should have given the new man some of the window at least, but in reality it will just be a case of keeping us up and starting again in the summer.

Is it time for Mick & Adi to get some dubbin on those old boots to help their mate Michael Gilkes see us through to May :P

If this is true (and I believe most of Japp's die hard fans have had enough now :| ) we should all be heaving a huge collective sigh of relief.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Feb 2018 12:58

Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Feb 2018 13:03

Yeah, I won't believe a word until it's in the mirror :roll:

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Feb 2018 13:14

Muskrat Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.

First reported by a Sun journo if that helps ...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 13:18

RG7Fan
Muskrat Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.

First reported by a Sun journo if that helps ...

No the Sun journo just reported that training was cancelled.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 13:27

CountryRoyal It will be like Christmas!!

Which is ironic because it's when the pcunt should have been sacked at the latest by anyway.

He should have been sacked for losing two games subsequent to having taken us on our best run of the season?

As for the transfer window and royal-jimmy's moan, it's pretty clear we didnt have the money to do much and we have a DoF and scout team for bringing in players. It's increasingly clear the manager has less involvement in that than is ideal, but that's modern football.

We're not going to spend our way out of this and nor should we. It only stores up more problems. All we need is something to freshen us up to boost confidence, ideas, direction and hope.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 04 Feb 2018 13:31

Spoke to a NOLU supporting mate last night. Said they had an enjoyable pre-match time in BOB's, and an even more enjoyable time at the ground, where we just love to shed the points. And, apparently, 'sacked in the morning' was part of their repertoire. Who knows? Do the owners, board, players etc actually look at this site? Or are we the silent minority?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 13:34

The Cap Spoke to a NOLU supporting mate last night. Said they had an enjoyable pre-match time in BOB's, and an even more enjoyable time at the ground, where we just love to shed the points. And, apparently, 'sacked in the morning' was part of their repertoire. Who knows? Do the owners, board, players etc actually look at this site? Or are we the silent minority?

Christ, I hope not. I mean HNA appears to be better than Twitter or Facebook, but it's still a den of dribbling nonsense.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Feb 2018 13:43

I have read both articles and it seems to me, to be pure speculation (as most newspaper articles of managers sacking/player transfers are) and no actual foundation to them. Just have to wait until I read "Stam sacked",or more likely the headline will be "A statement from the board" on the Reading FC website. Only then will I believe it.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 04 Feb 2018 14:49

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal It will be like Christmas!!

We're not going to spend our way out of this and nor should we. It only stores up more problems. All we need is something to freshen us up to boost confidence, ideas, direction and hope.

Exactly, a boost of all this needs a new manager and coaching team. Simple.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 17:45

Isn't going to happen though. Dream on.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 18:10

Still heard absolutely nothing. Reminds me of the Oliveira fiasco

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Feb 2018 18:22

Even if it’s true way to late. The damage has been done. No one can save us, such is the mess we are in. We will be relegated come May.

141 posts