Forest Gump

Re: What is our best team now?

by Forest Gump » 01 Mar 2018 13:10

Reading Women!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2018 13:12

John Smith Some incredible cluelessness here: Tommy Elphick and Chris Martin are the first names on the team sheet when fit - how is that not clearly apparent to all of you on here?

Martin's done nothing here and is on loan. Elphick has barely played and is on loan.

If you're re-writing reality to have everyone fit, why would we include loanees who arrived in January?

I'd rather play Bod than Martin from what I've seen of both of them for us anyway, thanks. I'm not picking my team based on what Martin did elsewhere a year or so ago.

KDRF

by KDRF » 01 Mar 2018 13:22

On this subject, does anyone know how many times in his tenure Stam has named an unchanged side? It doesn't take a genius to know that most of the successful teams will keep a relatively unchanged side and stick with it. Stam seems to chop and change unnecessarily.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Mar 2018 13:24

Snowflake Royal
John Smith Some incredible cluelessness here: Tommy Elphick and Chris Martin are the first names on the team sheet when fit - how is that not clearly apparent to all of you on here?

Martin's done nothing here and is on loan. Elphick has barely played and is on loan. .

Coming from someone who just put Watson in his team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2018 13:50

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal

Martin's done nothing here and is on loan. Elphick has barely played and is on loan. .

Watson has performed extremely well in our academy and transitioned well into the first team last year. He's also much more a wing back than Gunter is, so it's as much tactical as anything else.

And I can't stand Gunter. At all.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 01 Mar 2018 13:58

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal

Snowflake is obsessed by Watson and considering he didn't watch us play last season, I very much doubt he has seen much of him.

Farcical

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Mar 2018 14:02

:lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Mar 2018 19:10

Awayawayaway
Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal Martin's done nothing here and is on loan. Elphick has barely played and is on loan. .

Snowflake is obsessed by Watson and considering he didn't watch us play last season, I very much doubt he has seen much of him.

Farcical

Surely not as farcical or “clueless” as putting Martin ahead of a striker who is somehow approaching double figures in this relegation threatened team despite being injured for much of the season, not to mention being regularly overlooked in favour of a winger by his equally clueless manager.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 01 Mar 2018 19:21

Woodcote Royal
Awayawayaway
Coppells Lost Coat

Farcical

Surely not as farcical or “clueless” as putting Martin ahead of a striker who is somehow approaching double figures in this relegation threatened team despite being injured for much of the season, not to mention being regularly overlooked in favour of a winger by his equally clueless manager.

Things ok at home, Woodcote?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Mar 2018 20:36

Mendes and Harriot both started for the U23s tonight, probably be a few weeks yet but it will give us options

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Mar 2018 20:46

Woodcote Royal
Awayawayaway
Coppells Lost Coat

Farcical

Got to say I thought Martin would be an improvement on what we have. His pitiful showing against Sheffield Utd proved I was wrong. He was useless.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Mar 2018 08:23

Zip
Woodcote Royal
Awayawayaway

Farcical

Got to say I thought Martin would be an improvement on what we have. His pitiful showing against Sheffield Utd proved I was wrong. He was useless.

I am not sure it is fair just to pick out Martin on that performance, bad day for a lot out there that night. But see your point. Martins record can't be forgotten on the basis of a few games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 09:02

I though Martin really struggled with the pitch second half. First half I thought he was one of our better players - though that isnt saying much at all

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2018 15:07

Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson
Parkinson