Any update?

Sebastian the Red

Any update?

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Mar 2018 13:28

Hi guys

Long time reader, irregular poster.

Any updates on Stam's position? Is he going to be sacked? If not, can I be the first to say that I think we should probably be keeping a careful eye on his performance and maintaining a constant review.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Any update?

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2018 14:04

Sebastian the Red Hi guys

Any updates on Stam's position? Is he going to be sacked? If not, can I be the first to say that I think we should probably be keeping a careful eye on his performance and maintaining a constant review.

oxf*rd off

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 13 Mar 2018 14:04

Hi Seb, you sound hot, what are you wearing :?:

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Mar 2018 14:05

muirinho

oxf*rd off

Hi muirinho! Thanks for the welcome. How are you? What do you think about Stam?

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Mar 2018 14:07

WoodleyRoyal Hi Seb, you sound hot, what are you wearing :?:

At the moment I am wearing a suit tailored by a Hong Kong sweatshop, a poorly fitting shirt from M&S and black shoes that I bought in a bit of a panic in Geneva having neglected to pack my own shoes ahead of a wedding. I'll leave the underwear up to your imagination.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2018 14:11

went into M&S for the first time in ages on the weekend. Their clothes really are pretty poor aren't they? I think it'll be the sign that I've finally given up on any pretence of being in any way hip or well dressed when I started shopping there

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Mar 2018 14:14

Hound went into M&S for the first time in ages on the weekend. Their clothes really are pretty poor aren't they? I think it'll be the sign that I've finally given up on any pretence of being in any way hip or well dressed when I started shopping there

I find that their comfortable "casual" trousers have a roomier seat, and a double reinforced crotch, which is no doubt a massive selling point to rotund gentlemen like me.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2018 14:15

Sebastian the Red
Hound went into M&S for the first time in ages on the weekend. Their clothes really are pretty poor aren't they? I think it'll be the sign that I've finally given up on any pretence of being in any way hip or well dressed when I started shopping there

I find that their comfortable "casual" trousers have a roomier seat, and a double reinforced crotch, which is no doubt a massive selling point to rotund gentlemen like me.

You are not rotund, just sturdy.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 13 Mar 2018 14:15

That's very kind of you, OMA.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2018 14:21

Sebastian the Red irregular poster.

You're not wrong there tbf

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2018 14:25

Sebastian the Red
muirinho

oxf*rd off

I actually think Stam is fine. He's obviously very Dutch, therefore doesn't do diplomacy and doesn't care how he comes across, which matters to some, but not to me. Don't think he's said anything about the fans for instance, that isn't mostly true.
He's learning on the job and has made plenty mistakes, but he has (despite what some will say) learned from those mistakes - e.g., he's adapted tactics etc recently to try and get results. It also seems that the players like and respect him too. Or most of them anyway. Again, despite a lot of fan moans, I think it was correct to ship out the players on loan that have gone out, and he's doing a decent enough job of integrating academy players that he hung onto in with the first team.

I think he's also got a bit tougher, and a bit less loyal with the players - Beerens got shipped out pretty rapidly for instance, once it was clearer he was no longer up to it, whereas it looked like earlier in the season that he was just going to get played regardless of how little he contributed.

But I'm bored of the whole #StamOut thing, and the toxic atmosphere. And I don't like him enough to want him to stay if that's going to continue. So if it helps with club cohesion for him to disappear, then that's fine with me.

So long as we don't get Pardew, or Colin, or Nigel Pearson in. Because they're all poisonous.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2018 14:26

Sebastian the Red That's very kind of you, OMA.

M&S also do a nice range of "Hawaiian style" shirts for the larger man AND some times you can find matching neckercheifs too.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2018 14:27

Old Man Andrews
Sebastian the Red That's very kind of you, OMA.

M&S also do a nice range of "Hawaiian style" shirts for the larger man AND some times you can find matching neckercheifs too.

Shudder

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Mar 2018 14:54

muirinho
Sebastian the Red
muirinho
oxf*rd off

I actually think Stam is fine. He's obviously very Dutch, therefore doesn't do diplomacy and doesn't care how he comes across, which matters to some, but not to me. Don't think he's said anything about the fans for instance, that isn't mostly true.
He's learning on the job and has made plenty mistakes, but he has (despite what some will say) learned from those mistakes - e.g., he's adapted tactics etc recently to try and get results. It also seems that the players like and respect him too. Or most of them anyway. Again, despite a lot of fan moans, I think it was correct to ship out the players on loan that have gone out, and he's doing a decent enough job of integrating academy players that he hung onto in with the first team.

I think he's also got a bit tougher, and a bit less loyal with the players - Beerens got shipped out pretty rapidly for instance, once it was clearer he was no longer up to it, whereas it looked like earlier in the season that he was just going to get played regardless of how little he contributed.

But I'm bored of the whole #StamOut thing, and the toxic atmosphere. And I don't like him enough to want him to stay if that's going to continue. So if it helps with club cohesion for him to disappear, then that's fine with me.

So long as we don't get Pardew, or Colin, or Nigel Pearson in. Because they're all poisonous.

Quite a measured response. Most of it makes perfect sense. I also agree on your views on Stams job. I believe we are over this hill of negativity now.
Looking at many of our losses, they have been a result of very sloppy passes or half hearted attempts of a decent ball. Stams interviews have been very protective of the players because ultimately it was their mistakes that cost us points, however it was his style that amounted to the players over passing therefore it come down to him - IMO the style has changed and hopefully he can pick what ever he thinks is our strongest team and stick with it.
The rest of the season should be seen as a interview period to see if he is actually up to the job.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2018 14:59

think thats reasonable. He isn't going to be sacked this year, think its gone well beyond that being useful.

Realistically we will limp in to the end of the season, probably pick up enough here and there to stay up pretty joylessly

He may go in pre-season if someone wants him in Holland. Otherwise he has a full uninterrupted pre-season, quite a few players who should be sent on their way, and a few months to work out what went so wrong this year

I reckon he'll be in charge still come August. Prob get up to October/November to make sure we are at least top half. If not, then he'll be sent on his way, with only having to pay off 6 months of contract etc.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Mar 2018 15:00

Coppells Lost Coat
muirinho
Sebastian the Red

Quite a measured response. Most of it makes perfect sense. I also agree on your views on Stams job. I believe we are over this hill of negativity now.
Looking at many of our losses, they have been a result of very sloppy passes or half hearted attempts of a decent ball. Stams interviews have been very protective of the players because ultimately it was their mistakes that cost us points, however it was his style that amounted to the players over passing therefore it come down to him - IMO the style has changed and hopefully he can pick what ever he thinks is our strongest team and stick with it.
The rest of the season should be seen as a interview period to see if he is actually up to the job.

I’m a big fan of M&S t shirts.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 13 Mar 2018 15:47

leon
Coppells Lost Coat
muirinho

I’m a big fan of M&S t shirts.

Its a shame they don't have different sleeve lengths i find with a 17" collar the sleeves are too long. I prefer TM lewin for that reason

EDIT: I read shirts not T shirts, obviously i dont find sleeve length wrong on a t-shirt :?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Mar 2018 21:55

Pure merino wool v-neck only 30 sobs*

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Mar 2018 21:55

I like this thread. Usually, there is far too much football chat!

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 13 Mar 2018 22:45

As they sung on Saturday Jap stamms a c