Would you...

If you still hate Futcher

Would you...

by If you still hate Futcher » 13 Mar 2018 23:33

I went to Brentford tonight (brother in law had a spare ticket) to watch Colin's robots bully them out of the 3 points. Afterwards I asked him whether he'd welcome Colin ad manager if it meant they'd get promotion. His take was it would be worth it but they side would have to be rebuilt ad it would never stay up.

Personally I couldn't stand to have him anywhere near Reading and given our recent history I doubt he would come here anyway.

So the question is, given the dislike of our current style of play, would you sell your soul and accept Warnock (or another manager of the same ilk) at Reading to get promoted or would that be worse then what we've already got?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Would you...

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Mar 2018 00:06

I think the whole hatred of Colin is cringe worthy at best, he's a a pantomime villain that Reading fans actually really hate. He doesn't play attractive football but he gets results, is organized and fires his teams up to play for the shirt which is the exact opposite of Stam and this current shambles of a team. I'd have him here in a second but I doubt he would come because of the abuse he's received here over the years, he hasn't really ever done anything that bad to us either.

Reading fans have had a knack of winding up opposing players and managers over the years by booing or screaming consistent abuse, failing to understand this motivates them. The amount of times we've been left with egg on our faces because that player has run over with his hand on his ears has been countless. If they are a little shit against us on the day, fine, boo them. Most of the cases these players were just bood by default because of their reputation and had never done anything directly against us. Never understood that.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Mar 2018 00:26

FiNeRaIn I think the whole hatred of Colin is cringe worthy at best, he's a a pantomime villain that Reading fans actually really hate. He doesn't play attractive football but he gets results, is organized and fires his teams up to play for the shirt which is the exact opposite of Stam and this current shambles of a team. I'd have him here in a second but I doubt he would come because of the abuse he's received here over the years, he hasn't really ever done anything that bad to us either.

Reading fans have had a knack of winding up opposing players and managers over the years by booing or screaming consistent abuse, failing to understand this motivates them. The amount of times we've been left with egg on our faces because that player has run over with his hand on his ears has been countless. If they are a little shit against us on the day, fine, boo them. Most of the cases these players were just bood by default because of their reputation and had never done anything directly against us. Never understood that.

I always thought that the colin thing was just general banter. Like you said, a bit of pantomime. It doesn't help that his teams play in such a dirty manner.

But he admits himself that he's only a championship manager - he doesn't know how to compete in the Premier League and isn't building teams to do so. Cardiff will go up and come straight back down.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 Mar 2018 03:21

Let's face it the football was crap last year. Dull to watch but effective. Would I have a manager who kicks lumps out of the other teams. Lumps it in to the box. to get promotion at any cost yes I would.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 14 Mar 2018 05:04

FiNeRaIn I think the whole hatred of Colin is cringe worthy at best, he's a a pantomime villain that Reading fans actually really hate.

You're kidding right?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 14 Mar 2018 06:31

I would have anyone here that gets me up off my seat.

At the moment I'm more likely to slump back further into it. Thats just me as thousands of other stay away fans probably feel the same.

double d

by double d » 14 Mar 2018 07:10

I would have him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2018 08:23

I would have have him here in a heartbeat. If he managed your club I think you'd like him, he tends to bring supporters together as by default opposition supporters would hate us because of him.

He plays direct football, it isn't pretty and he is a complete oxf*rd.

He is a winner though, we need a winner.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 08:46

I wouldn't say no, but he won't come anyway, so its all pretty pointless asking the question

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2018 17:37

I would take him like a shot. He is doing a superb job at Cardiff. Their disciplinary record is very similar to ours so this is not a dirty Leeds scenario. He knows the Championship inside out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2018 17:38

Old Man Andrews I would have have him here in a heartbeat. If he managed your club I think you'd like him, he tends to bring supporters together as by default opposition supporters would hate us because of him.

He plays direct football, it isn't pretty and he is a complete oxf*rd.

He is a winner though, we need a winner.

Agreed and would add that Cardiff are more than just route one. They are a decent side.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2018 19:31

I think I would take route 1 at the moment rather than route 0.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Mar 2018 19:57

He's completely opposed to the philosophy of the club and he's spent over a decade encouraging his players to injure ours and getting himself sent off. I'd stop considering myself a Reading supporter if he became manager. I'd rather we were relegated twice under Stam than doing a Leicester under Warnock.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2018 20:07

SCIAG He's completely opposed to the philosophy of the club and he's spent over a decade encouraging his players to injure ours and getting himself sent off. I'd stop considering myself a Reading supporter if he became manager. I'd rather we were relegated twice under Stam than doing a Leicester under Warnock.

+1

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Mar 2018 20:30

:lol:

(make of that want you want)

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 14 Mar 2018 21:07

I'd accept him as manager although I wouldn't be best pleased with the decision. It would basically mean we've just added another two years of wasted effort on trying to build something with foundations. Regardless of what you say about Stam, the one thing he has done is introduced foundations to progress a possession based style of play. replace him with Warnock or someone of his ilk, you'd be doing away with that.

Have to say though, the abuse received by Warnock, Pardew, McGhee etc may have personally motivated them, but you can hardly say it did them much good. The results for those three named managers (who are the only real recipients of abuse from us) against us yield a combined P51 W9 D10 L31 F48 A86. Highly motivated indeed:-

Warnock:- P27 W4 D6 L17 F22 A43

Reading 1-3 Notts County
Notts County 0-0 Reading
Reading 1-1 Notts County
Huddersfield 0-3 Reading (this is where it all began apparently with McGhee whistling as he walked down the tunnel at half time)
Reading 0-0 Huddersfield
Reading 2-0 Oldham
Reading 2-0 Bury
Reading 0-2 Sheff Utd (Mackie Asaba game)
Sheff Utd 1-3 Reading
Sheff Utd 1-2 Reading
Reading 2-1 Sheff utd
Sheff Utd 0-1 Reading
Reading 0-0 Sheff utd
Reading 2-0 Sheff utd
Reading 2-0 Sheff Utd (League Cup)
Sheff Utd 1-1 Reading
Sheff Utd 1-2 Reading
Reading 3-1 Sheff Utd (Gillespie Hunt game)
Reading 4-2 Palace
Palace 1-3 Reading
Reading 1-0 QPR
QPR 3-1 Reading
Reading 0-1 QPR
Reading 2-0 Leeds Utd
Reading 1-0 Rotherham Utd
Reading 2-1 Cardiff
Reading 2-2 Cardiff

Pardew:- P9 W3 D2 L4 F11 A12

Reading 2-0 West Ham
West Ham 1-0 Reading
Reading 3-1 West Ham
West Ham 0-1 Reading
Charlton 0-0 Reading
Charlton 4-2 Reading
Reading 2-2 Newcastle
Newcastle 1-2 Reading
Reading 0-2 Palace (FA Cup)

McGhee:- P15 W2 D3 L10 F15 A31

Leicester 1-1 Reading
Wolves 1-1 Reading
Reading 3-0 Wolves
Wolves 0-1 Reading
Reading 2-1 Wolves
Reading 4-2 Wolves (League Cup)
Reading 0-0 Wolves
Wolves 3-1 Reading
Reading 3-4 Millwall (PA announcer match)
Reading 2-0 Millwall
Millwall 0-2 Reading
Reading 3-2 Brighton
Brighton 0-1 Reading
Brighton 0-2 Reading
Reading 5-1 Brighton

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 14 Mar 2018 22:11

10539.4 Miles Away
FiNeRaIn I think the whole hatred of Colin is cringe worthy at best, he's a a pantomime villain that Reading fans actually really hate.

You're kidding right?

End of thread.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 14 Mar 2018 22:11

Royality creeps In I would have anyone here that gets me up off my seat.

At the moment I'm more likely to slump back further into it. Thats just me as thousands of other stay away fans probably feel the same.

I'm off my seat anywhere between 85 and 90 minutes every home match.

I head for the exit and keep walking.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 14 Mar 2018 22:38

I don't get the hate for Warnock. I think he is a character. His football is ugly but better than anything getting served up here atm.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Mar 2018 09:52

SCIAG He's completely opposed to the philosophy of the club and he's spent over a decade encouraging his players to injure ours and getting himself sent off. I'd stop considering myself a Reading supporter if he became manager. I'd rather we were relegated twice under Stam than doing a Leicester under Warnock.

Exactly. It's one thing to be accepting of a basic but effective footballing philosophy if it gets results, quite another to want the homeless man's Mourinho in charge, with added pcuntery