We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Royal Rother » 14 Mar 2018 09:35

Sanchez just can’t keep the ball at the moment.

Yes he tries hard (or gives that appearance) but just gives it away all the time. I find it hard to believe but apparently he lost / gave away possession 42 times last night.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 09:43

Only time he's played well since joining Man Utd was on that piano

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2018 09:47

Royal Rother Sanchez just can’t keep the ball at the moment.

Yes he tries hard (or gives that appearance) but just gives it away all the time. I find it hard to believe but apparently he lost / gave away possession 42 times last night.

he does give it away a lot and it is frustrating but tbf to the lad he's prolly the only one taking any risks

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Mar 2018 10:54

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah Sanchez coming in seems to have disrupted things a bit doesn't it?

Obviously Mourinho doesn't really help with the way he sets them up and stifles them but the side just lacks balance and cohesion from the little I've seen of them play.

Just beaten Liverpool and Chelsea tbf and have opened a small gap on third place

but yeah 'stifle' is defo the right word

I didn't say it wasn't effective at times, but it isn't what is expected of a United team regardless of the results.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 14 Mar 2018 11:13

yep, tbf Man U have always been the most exciting of the glory boy teams. Where are the flair players now?

Last night was awful. A whole generation of glory boys will be switching to City.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2018 11:37

Any team starting feLOLaini in a CL knockout match deserves to go out

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 16:31

Mourinho in his post-match press conference: "I've sat in this chair twice before, with Porto - Man Utd out, with Real Madrid - Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club."

The man has no shame :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Mar 2018 16:57

I also read that he'd said the performance wasn't bad etc etc.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2018 19:40

Stam and Mourinho from the same school of talking bollocks.
To think, he was a breath of fresh air to start with at Chelsea but has turned into Mr Bean.
BTW what happened to the much spouted "tactical Genius" last night?-it looked as though he had left all his genius at home.
A horrible little man with an enormous little man syndrome stuck on his shoulder.

Long may he remain at Man Utd-last night was surely enough to make any Man Utd fan spit. :wink:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2018 20:12

Victor Meldrew Stam and Mourinho from the same school of talking bollocks.
To think, he was a breath of fresh air to start with at Chelsea but has turned into Mr Bean.
BTW what happened to the much spouted "tactical Genius" last night?-it looked as though he had left all his genius at home.
A horrible little man with an enormous little man syndrome stuck on his shoulder.

Long may he remain at Man Utd-last night was surely enough to make any Man Utd fan spit. :wink:

Klopp is fooked tactically if 'plan A' doesn't work

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Mar 2018 13:02

BR0B0T

Man Utd's cup final?

I thought we were discussing the Champions League that Man Utd qualified for despite not finishing in the top 4 but by winning a second rate competition that Man Utd fans derided other clubs for -remember "Thursday night Channel 5"?
Knocked out in the first round of proper competition-a very poor return on the hundreds of further millions spent with the current manager at the helm. A poor show.

Today's papers are suggesting that the little man's future in Manchester may not be very long term.
If so, good riddance.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2018 15:17

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

Man Utd's cup final?

I thought we were discussing the Champions League that Man Utd qualified for despite not finishing in the top 4 but by winning a second rate competition that Man Utd fans derided other clubs for -remember "Thursday night Channel 5"?
Knocked out in the first round of proper competition-a very poor return on the hundreds of further millions spent with the current manager at the helm. A poor show.

Today's papers are suggesting that the little man's future in Manchester may not be very long term.
If so, good riddance.

Given the extension he's just signed and the millions he'll earn immediately at PSG if he did get fired, I doubt he cares for a second.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Mar 2018 12:53

Stranded
Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

Man Utd's cup final?

If so, good riddance.

Given the extension he's just signed and the millions he'll earn immediately at PSG if he did get fired, I doubt he cares for a second.

BR0B0T and VM arguing about Liverpool and Man Utd is like two tramps fighting over a dead pigeon.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2018 16:49

Mourinho has gone full Rafa Benitez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43434736

My favourite part:

"In 1997, no Champions League trophy. In 1998, no Champions League trophy. In 1999, there was the incident in Barcelona. In 2000, no Champions League trophy. In 2001, no Champions League trophy...I mean, I could go on... In 2012 out in the group phase, in 2013 out in the round of 16, in 2014 out in the QF, in 2015 no European Football, in 2016 out in the group phase and goes to Europa League and then goes out. 2017 play Europa League and they win it with me."

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Mar 2018 18:24

In 1997, no Champions League trophy. In 1998, no Champions League trophy. In 1999, there was the incident in Barcelona. In 2000, no Champions League trophy. In 2001, no Champions League trophy

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2018 19:07

Glad you got the reference. I was going to include the pigeon in the quote but chose not to.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Mar 2018 19:15

genome Mourinho has gone full Rafa Benitez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43434736

My favourite part:

"In 1997, no Champions League trophy. In 1998, no Champions League trophy. In 1999, there was the incident in Barcelona. In 2000, no Champions League trophy. In 2001, no Champions League trophy...I mean, I could go on... In 2012 out in the group phase, in 2013 out in the round of 16, in 2014 out in the QF, in 2015 no European Football, in 2016 out in the group phase and goes to Europa League and then goes out. 2017 play Europa League and they win it with me."

Did he mention that he is the first manager responsible for transfer spending in excess of £1 billion?
Money doesn't always buy success but it goes a hell of a long way.

It will never happen but it would be interesting to see how well successful top level managers (Pep, Mourinho etc.) would do with low budgets and conversely what the likes of Pulis and Dyche would do with big budgets.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Mar 2018 13:05

Some interesting comments flying around about the Mourinho vs Shaw episode.

I guess Mourinho likes to create a bit of tension and conflict to keep his squad on their toes, and often falls out with a player or two along the way, but I can't understand how things have panned out for Shaw at United and it's a real shame for England too.

From the outside it seems he has a few issues because other managers have struggled to get the best out of him and interestingly Jason Dodd is quoted today as saying Shaw needed pushing constantly and would sometimes just be going through the motions. That won't wash at the top level in the Premier League and perhaps we'll just never see him fulfil his potential.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Apr 2018 13:19

John Smith
John Smith Burnley would be a good fit for Shaw.

What a great side they are.

Burnley again displaying this weekend what an absolute credit they are to the English game.

If I could 'choose' the team I supported and was starting again, I'd definitely pick Burnley.

Think I might make a Burnley-specific thread.

Well well well. Another weekend, another win for Burnley.

Burnley Football Club are the success story of the season. What a side.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2018 18:20

Well done Brummidge

Just goes to show, nothing should be taken for granted.

Shame that Arsenal had already given up the chase for 5th
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 15 Apr 2018 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

5752 posts