Message to Sir John Madejski

El Diablo

Message to Sir John Madejski

by El Diablo » 17 Mar 2018 16:30

Dearest SJM,

You spent a large part of your life , and money building our wonderful club to what it is today. Many of our (older) support are eternally grateful for everything you have done, and the experience we the fans experienced along the way.

I absolutely appreciate that today, your influence within the corridors is not what it used to be, and I'm sure you as we the supporters are , finding the current plight of our Team totally inexscusable. Relegation would put us back to where we were when we first moved into our current home. Something that I never thought I would see happening.

We know, In your day, things would've changed a couple of months ago, and whatever the reasoning ( or total lack of experience) within the Boardroom for not making that decision is , I emplore you to please reach out to our current owners and advise them, directly from someone who has more than the combined experience of our current Management team, in running a championship club.

The Manager has to go. A shake up in the Board room has to happen, We cannot afford to wait any longer.

The players, as we all know are very talented. The Management does not have a winning menatlity, or philosphy. They are out of their depth. This has to change now to give us a chance of survival.

Appreciate you can put that call in.

Thanks

EL Diablo

Forest Gump

Re: Message to Sir John Madejski

by Forest Gump » 17 Mar 2018 16:53

Hi El, totally behind this idea. Actually Sir John must be as baffled - and possibly angry - as we are.
Totally agree with your sentiment that all the whole management team needs to be dismissed and quite a few of the layers need to go too.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2018 16:59

Given the board comprises 2 people who are both the co-owners a shake up would be very interesting.

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 17 Mar 2018 17:02

Sutekh Given the board comprises 2 people who are both the co-owners a shake up would be very interesting.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2018 17:02

What's John's username?

stanmoreroyal

by stanmoreroyal » 17 Mar 2018 17:18

Totally agree with this appeal to Sir John. He must be devastated.
We are definately not renewing our season tickets next season if Stam is still there confusing the hell out of the players and fans.
The owners must simply be interested in the land?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2018 17:22

Something needs to happen and soon. The club must know how the supporters feel.

JIM

by JIM » 17 Mar 2018 17:34

enough is enough

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:37

For a second I thought your username was JM :shock: :lol:

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 17 Mar 2018 17:45

Sutekh Given the board comprises 2 people who are both the co-owners a shake up would be very interesting.

So the owners are the board. Yup correct. I'd suggest that Gourlay & Co all sit in there.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 17 Mar 2018 17:54

El Diablo Dearest SJM,

You spent a large part of your life , and money building our wonderful club to what it is today. Many of our (older) support are eternally grateful for everything you have done, and the experience we the fans experienced along the way.

I absolutely appreciate that today, your influence within the corridors is not what it used to be, and I'm sure you as we the supporters are , finding the current plight of our Team totally inexscusable. Relegation would put us back to where we were when we first moved into our current home. Something that I never thought I would see happening.

We know, In your day, things would've changed a couple of months ago, and whatever the reasoning ( or total lack of experience) within the Boardroom for not making that decision is , I emplore you to please reach out to our current owners and advise them, directly from someone who has more than the combined experience of our current Management team, in running a championship club.

The Manager has to go. A shake up in the Board room has to happen, We cannot afford to wait any longer.

The players, as we all know are very talented. The Management does not have a winning menatlity, or philosphy. They are out of their depth. This has to change now to give us a chance of survival.

Thanks

EL Diablo

Like he gives a fūck. He used Reading FC to further his own personal agenda, and when Coppell oxf*rd all that up by getting us promoted to the Premier League, he showed his true colours.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 17 Mar 2018 18:00

poohs pure
El Diablo Dearest SJM,

Thanks

EL Diablo

Like he gives a fūck. He used Reading FC to further his own personal agenda, and when Coppell oxf*rd all that up by getting us promoted to the Premier League, he showed his true colours.

:lol:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Mar 2018 18:32

poohs pure
El Diablo Dearest SJM,

Thanks

EL Diablo

Sorry Pooh, that went right over my head! For simpletons such as myself would you like to expand on the point you are making? Genuine request!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Mar 2018 00:00

I think that some fans are starting to get a bit hysterical. The owners didn't buy the club to watch it go down the toilet (along with it's value). If all they cared about was land and commercial opportunities they could have just transferred what they wanted to a new company and sold the club back on again. The fact that they haven't fired Stam suggest to me that they see him as a long term manager and that the threat of relegation isn't that scary to them. I mean - finances aside p- being a lower league means a chance to rebuild the squad and get back into winning ways. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a backwards step for us; but I think that we are already at a pretty low level now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Mar 2018 08:30

genome What's John's username?

@Cilla_Thriller1

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Mar 2018 11:19

genome What's John's username?
Ian Royal

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 19 Mar 2018 20:59

Elm Park Kid I think that some fans are starting to get a bit hysterical. The owners didn't buy the club to watch it go down the toilet (along with it's value). If all they cared about was land and commercial opportunities they could have just transferred what they wanted to a new company and sold the club back on again. The fact that they haven't fired Stam suggest to me that they see him as a long term manager and that the threat of relegation isn't that scary to them. I mean - finances aside p- being a lower league means a chance to rebuild the squad and get back into winning ways. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a backwards step for us; but I think that we are already at a pretty low level now.

Reading another post the other night on the possibility of selling up the land and relocating the club, I'm getting to the stage where I might be looking for clues in what happened to Wimbledon. My initial thoughts were that we're too big and established, but then I considered that Wimbledon were in an even better position, and their land was ultimately a higher premium. A friend of mine today also considered the Madjeski too established, but it is only concrete and steel frames. Just about anybody connected to the board and for some time back could have some clause that connects them to selling the club on perhaps, but it's not worthwhile if it's value has plummeted, but could that be countered by the increase in the value of the land.

I'm still in the 'work hard, avoid relegation, but if we do drop a Division then re-build' camp though. The recent debt slash statement appears to support the efforts behind the scenes to bring the club back onto financial track.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Mar 2018 09:32

Stevie G
Elm Park Kid I think that some fans are starting to get a bit hysterical. The owners didn't buy the club to watch it go down the toilet (along with it's value). If all they cared about was land and commercial opportunities they could have just transferred what they wanted to a new company and sold the club back on again. The fact that they haven't fired Stam suggest to me that they see him as a long term manager and that the threat of relegation isn't that scary to them. I mean - finances aside p- being a lower league means a chance to rebuild the squad and get back into winning ways. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a backwards step for us; but I think that we are already at a pretty low level now.

Reading another post the other night on the possibility of selling up the land and relocating the club, I'm getting to the stage where I might be looking for clues in what happened to Wimbledon. My initial thoughts were that we're too big and established, but then I considered that Wimbledon were in an even better position, and their land was ultimately a higher premium. A friend of mine today also considered the Madjeski too established, but it is only concrete and steel frames. Just about anybody connected to the board and for some time back could have some clause that connects them to selling the club on perhaps, but it's not worthwhile if it's value has plummeted, but could that be countered by the increase in the value of the land.

I'm still in the 'work hard, avoid relegation, but if we do drop a Division then re-build' camp though. The recent debt slash statement appears to support the efforts behind the scenes to bring the club back onto financial track.

I'm not sure that the financial status of a club is that important when it is privately owned. Ok, it wouldn't be good if it was hemorrhaging money due to a fundamental lack of revenue - however it's so difficult to tell where the clubs finances end and the owners begin. They could be using it in so many different ways that would increase/decrease the official revenue/cost/debt figures.

Think of it this way - if I buy a house worth £500k, take out a mortgage for £400k but have £1m in the bank, does that represent real debt? It's all just an accountancy practice to reduce tax liability and risk. The debt figures don't mean that much. The club could have £100m of assets and be officially making a ton of money but if the owners decided to close it down tomorrow they could do. Similarly it could have £100m of debt and be losing money but if the owners can afford to keep it going then it would be fine - there's no real difference.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Mar 2018 09:36

Elm Park Kid
Stevie G

I'm not sure that the financial status of a club is that important when it is privately owned. Ok, it wouldn't be good if it was hemorrhaging money due to a fundamental lack of revenue - however it's so difficult to tell where the clubs finances end and the owners begin. They could be using it in so many different ways that would increase/decrease the official revenue/cost/debt figures.

Think of it this way - if I buy a house worth £500k, take out a mortgage for £400k but have £1m in the bank, does that represent real debt? It's all just an accountancy practice to reduce tax liability and risk. The debt figures don't mean that much. The club could have £100m of assets and be officially making a ton of money but if the owners decided to close it down tomorrow they could do. Similarly it could have £100m of debt and be losing money but if the owners can afford to keep it going then it would be fine - there's no real difference.

The other point about ripping down the stadium is actually - it's not a town-centre location, and there is other land available. Why go through the hassle of buying a football club to get at the land under the stadium when you could just buy the greyhound race track instead?

the stuff that the owners have being doing shows that they are investing in the club - there would be no need to continue developing the new training ground otherwise.

Yes, relegation would be very very bad - but they aren't aiming to be relegated, and I don't think they will immediately panic if we are relegated.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Mar 2018 16:58

muirinho
Elm Park Kid
Stevie G

The other point about ripping down the stadium is actually - it's not a town-centre location, and there is other land available. Why go through the hassle of buying a football club to get at the land under the stadium when you could just buy the greyhound race track instead?

the stuff that the owners have being doing shows that they are investing in the club - there would be no need to continue developing the new training ground otherwise.

Yes, relegation would be very very bad - but they aren't aiming to be relegated, and I don't think they will immediately panic if we are relegated.

Is relegation really that bad though? I mean just thinking it through. Do we have any players that we'd be desperately unhappy to see leave? Would it mean immediate financial hardship? Are we 'really' a third tier team that would instantly lose it's casual supporter base and prospects for the future?

I don't want to be flippant, but if you look at the recent history of 'bigger' team going down it hasn't been disaster all round.

Maybe it's just me but I honestly feel that the club needs to refresh itself and move on from the last 5 years. IMO even last season had a sense of 'bad blood' about it - like things weren't quiet right.