Worst Team / Worst Manager ever

Forest Gump

Worst Team / Worst Manager ever

by Forest Gump » 17 Mar 2018 17:30

This is the worst Reading Team ever and Jaap Stam is the worst manager that we have ever had.
Discuss!

Someone wil have the stats to challenge me but given that he has been allowed to spend more on players than we ever have done I believe that he should do the honourable thing and walk.
It is not helping that he refuses to resign: not having a manager would actually help the team at this moment.
Again - discuss.

But for my money we should sack all the Fokkers.

( Fokker is of course a Dutch name):

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Worst Team / Worst Manager ever

by ankeny » 17 Mar 2018 17:38

Forest Gump This is the worst Reading Team ever and Jaap Stam is the worst manager that we have ever had.
Discuss!

Someone wil have the stats to challenge me but given that he has been allowed to spend more on players than we ever have done I believe that he should do the honourable thing and walk.
It is not helping that he refuses to resign: not having a manager would actually help the team at this moment.
Again - discuss.

Spot on.

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:42

ankeny
Forest Gump This is the worst Reading Team ever and Jaap Stam is the worst manager that we have ever had.
Discuss!

Again - discuss.

Spot on.

Worst reading team? I would struggle to find a worse team in this league since it started tbh

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Mar 2018 17:48

Clearly there have been worse Reading teams over the years, but I can’t remember a more universally detested manager.

Guys like Terry the Taxi were just incompetent, Stam is a monumental arsehole.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2018 17:48

8 points from our last 18 games. That is disastrous by any standards. Stam is right down there with our worst managers ever.

double d

by double d » 17 Mar 2018 17:56

8 points from 54 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughable.

I would have a guess we must be in the top 3 worst form teams in the country from prem league to conference north/south.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Mar 2018 18:09

Of course it's not the worst team ever, but without doubt it's the worst manager.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2018 18:16

Reading won 2 of their last 18 games of the 1997/98 season. That meant 6 points from 54 as they lost every one of the other 16.

Therefore I would suggest that that is the worse run form wise

However this heap of crap that is going on at the moment is worse as the players are much more talented and capable of much more but it seems someone or something has somehow drained every bit of confidence and belief out of them and you get a load of slow, dull and insipid football that bores everyone and has no passion. There is also the fact that fan expectation is a great deal higher.

But while Stam has spent a lot, let’s not forget that Terry also spent a load (for the time) by bringing in Carl Asaba, Lee Hodges and Linvoy Primus.

The similarities between the seasons though are frightening especially when, as I recall, it took demonstrations by the supporters to get a change of management and even then it was by Terry resigning as JM would “not be bowed by a mob”

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Mar 2018 18:29

Sutekh Reading won 2 of their last 18 games of the 1997/98 season. That meant 6 points from 54 as they lost every one of the other 16.

Therefore I would suggest that that is the worse run form wise

However this heap of crap that is going on at the moment is worse as the players are much more talented and capable of much more but it seems someone or something has somehow drained every bit of confidence and belief out of them and you get a load of slow, dull and insipid football that bores everyone and has no passion. There is also the fact that fan expectation is a great deal higher.

But while Stam has spent a lot, let’s not forget that Terry also spent a load (for the time) by bringing in Carl Asaba, Lee Hodges and Linvoy Primus.

The similarities between the seasons though are frightening especially when, as I recall, it took demonstrations by the supporters to get a change of management and even then it was by Terry resigning as JM would “not be bowed by a mob”

Well today makes us 1 win in 18 so Terry's woeful "record" is usurped! Although I grant you we have drawn more in this run. The "football" in that Terry run was pretty rubbish, but at least we did go forward. This lot meander across the back four, then give it away and conceded - rinse and repeat. I will need to look at home many conceded this season have been the direct result of errors on our part. It feels like loads though.

TO be fair to Terry, the three players you mention were by no means our worst that season. In fact Linvoy became a bit of a cult hero IIRC. Not sure one could say that about any of Stam's numerous signings, many of which were his Dutch mates.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2018 18:55

Sutekh The similarities between the seasons though are frightening especially when, as I recall, it took demonstrations by the supporters to get a change of management and even then it was by Terry resigning as JM would “not be bowed by a mob”

That was my first season as a Reading fan. Even though we went down I can remember some cracking games like Forest, Crewe, Middlesbrough, WBA I think, and a decent cup run where we beat Wolves. That team had some talent and shouldn't have gone down and at times looked decent, sadly we just fell apart at the wrong time. I got enough enjoyment that I had a season ticket up until 4 years ago, then I moved to the US. I also remember so many old faces from that era and the early mad stad era because times were exciting. How many youth of today would watch us and go back?

This team has more talent than that Bullivant side but has played the worst brand of football I have ever seen from a team, not even just Reading, anyone. So much so that even other teams talk about how bad it must be to be a Reading fan watching that every week. Not only is it terrible to watch we are just so utterly useless at it that we've got 8 points from 54 and barring a huge turnaround we will be relegated. Birmingham often pull off late season escapes, do not be shocked if this times its at our expense.

It is an absolute FARCE that Stam is still in charge, a farce.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Mar 2018 19:03

yes worst team ever

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Mar 2018 19:14

Its hard to know where to put Stam. Getting that false third last season might help his cause but what we are seeing now is just plain crap and the worst I can remember. I mean the man has even created a goalkeeping crises when there wasn't one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2018 19:28

This season, yes

Last season, not so.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 17 Mar 2018 19:29

Twenty years ago to the day we lost at Oxford 3v0 this team and manager have the same symptons its relegation for us .

rfc58

by rfc58 » 17 Mar 2018 19:31

Under his “guidance” we do not look like we will win again whilst he’s in charge, so as I said several weeks ago, we are hoping that there are three teams worse than us.

Bin him off, and hope someone can come in and give the players some belief, enough maybe to scrape six to nine points, then rebuild in the summer. The players I don’t believe are that bad, I just think they haven’t got a clue what he’s trying to get them to do.

How can he inspire them when the fella is coming out with statements on the radio saying he can understand if he’s sacked, how can you be a leader of men when you’re coming out with comments like that, the players must be wondering what is going on.

Get someone in with fresh ideas, and hope he can instill belief into them for the next couple of months. Teams around are winning, we show no sign of replicating that under Stam.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2018 19:40

I’ve been banging on for months that this team was going to end up like Bullivants side.

It has no leaders, no organisation, no discernible tactual plan, no consistent team selection, no balance.

For a team that doesn’t lack talent and has got a track record of achievement this entire shambolic season is down to rank bad management.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2018 19:54

AthleticoSpizz This season, yes

Last season, not so.

Quite. Manager with one good season and one horrendous season > managers with only horrendous seasons like Bullivant and Rodgers.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 17 Mar 2018 19:58

Now dropped to 20th!!!
At least 9 lost points are due to Stams deliberate fielding of a team without a forward to make a point about the “lack” of transfer funds.
He is responsible for this catastrophe.
The only thing he can do to help is walk.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2018 20:19

leon I’ve been banging on for months that this team was going to end up like Bullivants side.

It has no leaders, no organisation, no discernible tactual plan, no consistent team selection, no balance.

For a team that doesn’t lack talent and has got a track record of achievement this entire shambolic season is down to rank bad management.

From all my years watching football, I’m struggling to remember such an abysmal performance by a manager from anyone as this season from Stam

It’s pretty embarrassing that he is still here tbh

I genuinely thought he was the real deal after last year as well. I can’t get over the complete turnaround

The players have given up. He looks like he has given up, and is now just hanging on for the inevitable pay off

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2018 20:36

Forest Gump Now dropped to 20th!!!
lol, at least we have goal difference on our side. Well done Jaap I say..............................