Nicky Hammond Leaves WBA

NeilD

Nicky Hammond Leaves WBA

by NeilD » 12 Apr 2018 12:50

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43737853

BBC Sport -

West Brom technical director Nick Hammond has left the club as part of the Baggies' plans to restructure.

Hammond joined the club in April 2016 having previously been director of football at Reading, where he worked with manager Alan Pardew, who parted company with West Brom this month.

Hammond wished the club "every success" as he "moves on to future projects".

Would people want him back at Reading?

Old Man Andrews

Re: Nicky Hammond Leaves WBA

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 12:54

NeilD http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43737853

BBC Sport -

West Brom technical director Nick Hammond has left the club as part of the Baggies' plans to restructure.

Hammond joined the club in April 2016 having previously been director of football at Reading, where he worked with manager Alan Pardew, who parted company with West Brom this month.

He managed to get Derby to pay £3 million for Nick Blackman. The bloke is a hero.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 12:56

Any man that gives Hal Robson Kanu a professional contract at not one, but two, clubs deserves to be shot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Apr 2018 13:18

Only surprise is he didn't get booted out with the other 2 blokes who went a few weeks ago

WBA have had an absolute mare this year

wouldn't be overly shocked if he came back here in the summer, with BT leaving in the summer

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 13:31

Old Man Andrews

BBC Sport -

He managed to get Derby to pay £3 million for Nick Blackman. The bloke is a hero.
£4m for Sean Morrison too

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:35

To be honest plan b definitely didn’t work so maybe reverting back to plan a with a different manager at the top could work. He does seem like a bit of a coppel 2.0 mr clement

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Apr 2018 13:48

We have some absolute donkeys to get rid of in the summer, nobody does that better than Nicky Hammond.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 13:50

Forbury Lion
Old Man Andrews

BBC Sport -

Yep the guy knows how to polish a turd for sure. I think we could do with thatr this summer. Joey Van Den Berg to Ajax for £5million!

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Apr 2018 14:19

Bring him back to Reading FC to replace Gorley and B. T. He will be able to clear out the rubbish and get a good fee for them.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 Apr 2018 14:43

Old Man Andrews
Forbury Lion
Old Man Andrews

Yep the guy knows how to polish a turd for sure. I think we could do with thatr this summer. Joey Van Den Berg to Ajax for £5million!

It would be our only hope of getting our money back on Aluko!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 12 Apr 2018 20:22

I was one of the many singling him out for abuse in his early days as RFC's DoF - and he proved me an UTTER bell-end by the time he left, (which to be fair isn't a hard task :oops: ). I suppose the old adage is "never go back", but frankly most on HNA could do a better job of signing players than BT, so why not? Just imagine, he might actually get a fee for the likes of Blackett, Clement (P), Aluko et al!

Frankly I fear we are stuck with BT due to the impact of Rooney's Rule, (or whatever it's called these days).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Apr 2018 20:28

No thanks.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 12 Apr 2018 20:54

BBC Sport -

In an absolute heart beat I'd have him back. He was DoF from 2003-2016 easily the most successful period in our history. And for every Hal there's at least one Doyle to balance it! Come home Nick(y)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2018 21:52

10539.4 Miles Away

BBC Sport -

In an absolute heart beat I'd have him back. He was DoF from 2003-2016 easily the most successful period in our history. And for every Hal there's at least one Doyle to balance it! Come home Nick(y)

Plus MFing One.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Apr 2018 09:15

strap Frankly I fear we are stuck with BT due to the impact of Rooney's Rule, (or whatever it's called these days).

What about Virgin Media, localish company, are used to being involved with failing football clubs as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2018 09:35

strap
Frankly I fear we are stuck with BT due to the impact of Rooney's Rule, (or whatever it's called these days).

Sorry strap, but that comes across as borderline racist there. Plus there is no Rooney rule in English football.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2018 09:48

Stranded
strap

Sorry strap, but that comes across as borderline racist there. Plus there is no Rooney rule in English football.

+1

Also the Rooney rule doesn't state that you have to employ a minority candidate, it states you have to interview minority candidates. The rule is;

The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is sometimes cited as an example of affirmative action, though there is no quota or preference given to minorities in the hiring of candidates.

I, for one, would welcome something like this in English football. Pittsburgh are the ones who championed this (hence the rule being named after then owner Dan Rooney) and they have had a very successful time under Mike Tomlin.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Apr 2018 09:51

Stranded
strap

Not borderline, just racist.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Apr 2018 10:25

Old Man Andrews

BBC Sport -

He also got 500k for Andy Hughes in the last year of the players contract. That is the work of the Messiah!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Apr 2018 13:38

strap Frankly I fear we are stuck with BT due to the impact of Rooney's Rule, (or whatever it's called these days).
Doesn't that require you to interview x number of people from whatever minority group/groups it's aimed at? - It doesn't mean you can't get rid of someone who happens to belong to one of those groups if you have a business reason to do so and as long as they are not unfairly dismissed and compensated as per contract and/or mutual agreement.