Building for next season

478 posts
Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Building for next season

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 Apr 2018 12:59

We need a leader on the field that commands the respect from all the players, realistically, who have we got shouting/coaching/telling the likes of Aluko drifting in and leaving his position unmanned - Barrow not giving the protection required - Joey, Edwards and Bacuna always making silly mistakes? Where are the leaders in our team?
This is where i think the difference between last season and the current season lays. AHH and Williams were very vocal players and tried to organise where possible and lead by example.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 23 Apr 2018 15:52

If Villa go up and John Terry were to leave, I'd be all for him joining as a player/coach. His leadership skills would be worth their weight in gold and he has links to Clement/Gourlay. Could be a good chance with this one depending on how Villa's season concludes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Apr 2018 17:39

bracksroyal10 If Villa go up and John Terry were to leave, I'd be all for him joining as a player/coach. His leadership skills would be worth their weight in gold and he has links to Clement/Gourlay. Could be a good chance with this one depending on how Villa's season concludes.

No thanks, we've got enough overpaid, over-the-hill devisive wasters.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 23 Apr 2018 17:46

Steven Reid is looking to have been a huge loss this season. Hopefully we can get the players fit and ready with the additions of Gibbs and Halabi. We might even have a further re-shuffle of the coaching staff at the end of the season with Michael Gilkes facing the chop perhaps? Maybe that's too far fetched but he hasn't been as visible ever since Clement has come in. Claude Makelele anyone? Perhaps that would be too costly to us in terms of wages.

All I can say is thank god we have Halabi now to improve the fitness of the players, a basic that was missing under Stam this season.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 23 Apr 2018 17:50

At board level, I don't think the Chinese owners are at fault at all for this season's catastrophe. Think our recruitment policy needs a re-think. On the fence about Gourlay and B-Tev still however. Think we've done well to tie down several young players to contracts, work done by Gourlay I think. I just hope this tradition of promoting youth carries on for years, even if the Chinese owners give the manager a large budget. Would like to see more of Andresson, Rinomhota, Watson, Richards etc.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2018 17:51

Snowflake Royal
bracksroyal10 If Villa go up and John Terry were to leave, I'd be all for him joining as a player/coach. His leadership skills would be worth their weight in gold and he has links to Clement/Gourlay. Could be a good chance with this one depending on how Villa's season concludes.

this

(and I wouldn’t trust him with dd’s ‘wife’ let alone our back fours)

double d

by double d » 23 Apr 2018 18:18

Snowflake Royal

He is miles better then what we have now.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Apr 2018 20:15

So does anyone know how much 'say' Clement has in signings? Has anything changed in the structure/organization since his hiring?

The reason I ask is because, for me, one of the things that appealed about Clement is the network and contacts he (should) have so that he can identify and recruit (good) players.

But if he has little say within our structure, then this nullifies one of his main attributes, imo. And, there will presumably be a fair number of new players in next season(?)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Apr 2018 20:21

Denver Royal So does anyone know how much 'say' Clement has in signings? Has anything changed in the structure/organization since his hiring?

The reason I ask is because, for me, one of the things that appealed about Clement is the network and contacts he (should) have so that he can identify and recruit (good) players.

But if he has little say within our structure, then this nullifies one of his main attributes, imo. And, there will presumably be a fair number of new players in next season(?)

Swansea’s signings were very poor last summer so I wouldn’t be too excited

double d

by double d » 23 Apr 2018 21:06

Zip
Denver Royal So does anyone know how much 'say' Clement has in signings? Has anything changed in the structure/organization since his hiring?

ROFLenato Sanches.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Apr 2018 22:15

Zip

Clarke now Stam.............. any better?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Apr 2018 23:34

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

this

(and I wouldn’t trust him with dd’s ‘wife’ let alone our back fours)

Well quite.

Rather go for someone like Elphick.

But it’s true we need leaders. The shower we’ve got at the moment are a shambles.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2018 09:23

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Close your account down and cease posting.

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2018 09:51

John Smith

I would take him over the shower of shite we have now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Apr 2018 09:54

double d
John Smith

I'd rather fold the club and go support Swindon.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2018 10:10

NewCorkSeth
double d
John Smith Absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Close your account down and cease posting.

Thank you Seth

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2018 10:14

John Smith
NewCorkSeth
double d

Thank you Seth

RIDICULOUS

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 24 Apr 2018 18:07

North Royal Lad

You no nothing about football are you a kid ?

Oxford off and learn how to spell you tinpot tosspot, I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. How is that suggestion not in with a chance and also how does it suggest I know nothing about football? you idiot.

We could have got him in with the money we wasted on the likes of Aluko, Ilori, Blackett etc etc

This is the general problem with the fans of this club, so set in their Elm Park tinpot ways and lack ambition for their club. No wonder the atmosphere is utter dump each week and it’s no wonder Stam outstayed his welcome for so long.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 24 Apr 2018 18:11

John Smith

Says the one with a beer can as their profile pic :mrgreen:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 18:12

bracksroyal10
North Royal Lad

You no nothing about football are you a kid ?

Oxford off and learn how to spell you tinpot tosspot, I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. How is that suggestion not in with a chance and also how does it suggest I know nothing about football? you idiot.

We could have got him in with the money we wasted on the likes of Aluko, Ilori, Blackett etc etc

This is the general problem with the fans of this club, so set in their Elm Park tinpot ways and lack ambition for their club. No wonder the atmosphere is utter dump each week and it’s no wonder Stam outstayed his welcome for so long.

Oh good. We could have had John Terry to play Right Wing, Left Back and Centreback in our last game, for the cost of three players. Colour me enthusiastic.

478 posts