Relegation Watch

632 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation Watch

by Hound » 24 Apr 2018 21:44

Don’t want to see either go up particularly - but glass half full means will enjoy the other one fcuking up instead

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Apr 2018 21:45

genome Fulltime Forest 3 Barnsley 0

Lovely stuff. Win on Saturday and it's job done.

Was anyway wasn’t it? But realistically cannot see Barnsley getting 6/6 and Bolton 4/6 or Burton 6/6

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Apr 2018 21:50

If we can be safe after Saturday I won't mind losing to Cardiff if it means screwing Fulham up. Typical of f*cking Derby to turn up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2018 21:51

Hound Don’t want to see either go up particularly - but glass half full means will enjoy the other one fcuking up instead

But wouldn't a two leg Cardiff v Millwall semi-final playoff be great fun! :twisted:

Mr. Pharmacist

by Mr. Pharmacist » 24 Apr 2018 21:52

RoyalBlue
Mr. Pharmacist
RoyalBlue
That really would be the icing on the cake if, after such an appalling season, we could piss on Colin's parade in his own back yard! Reading would become a trigger word to send him into an absolute manic frenzy every time he heard or read it!

The main downside is that we'd let that foaming bunch of faux hipsters @ Craven Cottage in. I'd let Colin have his day just to see that lot spontaneously combust and bottle the playoffs.

It's a tough call that one. Don't want to see Colin and the Welsh in the top tier either. Are the Welsh still insisting on playing under their own rules in the English PL?

I really don't care any more. Fulham fans seem to intensely dislike us at the moment so seeing them fail probably tips it 51/49.

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2018 21:52

Choosing Cardiff or Fulham is like choosing Seville or Shipman.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Apr 2018 21:53

So it could be that Reading get lucky by the complete ineptitude of several other sides in a season that produces one of the lowest sets of points needed to achieve relegation.

Leaves you thinking that while Reading have been so unremittingly ****** dreadful all season, look what some supporters must have had to endure.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 21:54

RoyalBlue
Mr. Pharmacist
RoyalBlue
That really would be the icing on the cake if, after such an appalling season, we could piss on Colin's parade in his own back yard! Reading would become a trigger word to send him into an absolute manic frenzy every time he heard or read it!

The main downside is that we'd let that foaming bunch of faux hipsters @ Craven Cottage in. I'd let Colin have his day just to see that lot spontaneously combust and bottle the playoffs.

It's a tough call that one. Don't want to see Colin and the Welsh in the top tier either. Are the Welsh still insisting on playing under their own rules in the English PL?

What are twatting on about? You do realise the Welsh clubs were invited to play in English Football League.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 21:56

Ascotexgunner If we can be safe after Saturday I won't mind losing to Cardiff if it means screwing Fulham up. Typical of f*cking Derby to turn up.

+1. The Cardiff fans are far more grounded than the entitled, whining Fulham lot.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2018 21:56

Sutekh So it could be that Reading get lucky by the complete ineptitude of several other sides in a season that produces one of the lowest sets of points needed to achieve relegation.

Leaves you thinking that while Reading have been so unremittingly ****** dreadful all season, look what some supporters must have had to endure.

In just one season, we certainly appear to have used up all of our payback for the numerous years of bad luck that we have endured.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Apr 2018 21:57

Hound

Was anyway wasn’t it? But realistically cannot see Barnsley getting 6/6 and Bolton 4/6 or Burton 6/6

Not mathematically, it would've depended on Bolton's result on Saturday, if Barnsley had won tonight.

I want it to be 100% confirmed before I can relax, but that's just me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2018 22:00

Zip
RoyalBlue
Mr. Pharmacist The main downside is that we'd let that foaming bunch of faux hipsters @ Craven Cottage in. I'd let Colin have his day just to see that lot spontaneously combust and bottle the playoffs.

What are twatting on about? You do realise the Welsh clubs were invited to play in English Football League.

They might have been but when referring to twatting on about things, don't you realise that when it came to disciplinary matters they then insisted that Welsh FA rules applied? So hardly a case of when in the English league do what the English do.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Apr 2018 22:01

Fcuk it, it was throwing away that lead against Cardiff that turned our season, so let's ruin theirs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Apr 2018 22:01

genome
Hound

Not mathematically, it would've depended on Bolton's result on Saturday, if Barnsley had won tonight.

If we win, neither Bolton or Burton can get above us realistically whatever their result. But Barnsley losing helps if we fail to beat Ipswich

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:06

I reckon we are safe now. I can’t see Barnsley winning their last two and whoever loses in the Burton v Bolton game will finish below us. If that’s a draw Burton cannot overtake us anyway.

Thank God there are at least three worse teams than us. For a change the luck has gone our way and that is overdue.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Apr 2018 22:09

Hound
genome
Hound

If we win, neither Bolton or Burton can get above us realistically whatever their result. But Barnsley losing helps if we fail to beat Ipswich

If we win, then we are mathematically safe, right?

Which wouldn't have been the case if Barnsley had won tonight.

Or have I got wires crossed here?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Apr 2018 22:11

Zip I reckon we are safe now. I can’t see Barnsley winning their last two and whoever loses in the Burton v Bolton game will finish below us. If that’s a draw Burton cannot overtake us anyway.

Thank God there are at least three worse teams than us. For a change the luck has gone our way and that is overdue.

I just can't figure out how there are 4 teams worse than us. Its mystifying.....bit like finishing third last year.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:14

genome
Hound
genome

If we win, then we are mathematically safe, right?

Which wouldn't have been the case if Barnsley had won tonight.

Or have I got wires crossed here?

Win and we are entirely safe

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:15

RoyalBlue
Zip
RoyalBlue

They might have been but when referring to twatting on about things, don't you realise that when it came to disciplinary matters they then insisted that Welsh FA rules applied? So hardly a case of when in the English league do what the English do.

I bet you lie awake at night agonising at how the evil FAW are going to get one over the English clubs.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:18

:
Ascotexgunner
Zip I reckon we are safe now. I can’t see Barnsley winning their last two and whoever loses in the Burton v Bolton game will finish below us. If that’s a draw Burton cannot overtake us anyway.

I just can't figure out how there are 4 teams worse than us. Its mystifying.....bit like finishing third last year.

:lol: I know but I do agree with Royal Blue. We have not been a lucky club down the years. It’s about time it went our way.
Get the next two games done. Move on and see what the summer brings. It should be busy.

632 posts