MATCHWATCH : Ipswich Town (h) sponsored by just do it!

124 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Ipswich Town (h) sponsored by just do it!

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2018 09:45

Given that a lot of out players are now on longish deals we'd be relying on someone wanting to buy them anyway so there's a challenge ahead to be creative for someone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2018 10:02

Sutekh Given that a lot of out players are now on longish deals we'd be relying on someone wanting to buy them anyway so there's a challenge ahead to be creative for someone.

tbf, doubt we'll be wanting to get rid of Swift, Kelly, Mannone, Ilori, Bacuna, Barrow, Obita or Moore. Aluko we'd bite the hands off for anyone offering anything close to what we paid for of course.

Don't think anyone else is on very long deals off the top of my head. Maybe some of the young lads such as Watson, but they wont be expensive.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Apr 2018 10:05

Hound
Sutekh Given that a lot of out players are now on longish deals we'd be relying on someone wanting to buy them anyway so there's a challenge ahead to be creative for someone.

tbf, doubt we'll be wanting to get rid of Swift, Kelly, Mannone, Ilori, Bacuna, Barrow, Obita or Moore. Aluko we'd bite the hands off for anyone offering anything close to what we paid for of course.

Don't think anyone else is on very long deals off the top of my head. Maybe some of the young lads such as Watson, but they wont be expensive.

Ideally we'd want to offload Blackett and Van Den Berg this summer surely? I think they both have a year left to run. Joey would be really hard to get rid of though, maybe a loan to a Dutch club until his contract is finished. At least we could save a bit on his wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2018 10:13

I'm still not 100% on Blackett, but doubt we'd turn down the chance to move him on.

Personally I'd like to see us sell on Joey, McShane, Edwards, Evans, Aluko, Gravenberch, Weiser. And not renew anyone OOC.

Would free up some squad space to bring in some of the U23s and a couple of biggish signings (Elphick + CM and CF)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 11:08

genome
tidus_mi2
Sutekh To confirm, Tommy Elphick will more than likely be available to play some part against Ipswich, if required.

McShane still out.

For the record, Paul Clement has said there will NOT be a mass clearout in the summer but there will be departures. First one confirmed is Stephen Quinn who is now looking at options outside football.

As it should be, even before FFP you can't change an entire squad and expect to hit the ground running the following season and now with FFP, there is no way we could make wholesale changes to the squad and stay within FFP.

It's based on net profit/loss, right? If our clearout means we were to sell Liam Moore, I'd imagine we'd not have any problem with FFP.

But anyway, as I said in another post, I don't think we need wholesale changes. There are a raft of players in the reserves we can get rid of (Wieser, Rakels, Mendes etc) but I don't think the first team needs more than 3 or 4 quality players to come in.

Liam Moore's transfer fee could maybe fund two or three fees, but nothing near enough to do a major overhaul. And getting his wages off the books wouldn't make room for many decent player's wages either.

Once again we're in the unenvious position of having a load of expensive busts on long contracts no one will want to pay for. So the players we're likely to get any decent money for are the ones we should be desperate to keep.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 28 Apr 2018 12:34

Hound I'm still not 100% on Blackett, but doubt we'd turn down the chance to move him on.

Personally I'd like to see us sell on Joey, McShane, Edwards, Evans, Aluko, Gravenberch, Weiser. And not renew anyone OOC.

Would free up some squad space to bring in some of the U23s and a couple of biggish signings (Elphick + CM and CF)

Agree with every word of that except Evans, still think he has something to prove here imo

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 28 Apr 2018 15:20

Barnsley 1 - 0 up against Brentford.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 15:33

What was the ref doing there? He gave an offside against Kermie then brought it forward 10 yards?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Apr 2018 15:34

Burton 1 Bolton 0

Hope Akpan :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 15:41

This ref is a oxf*rd idiot. If the Ipswich defender hit the ball before Barrow then why wasn't it a corner???

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Apr 2018 15:42

Wow, Burton 2-0 up now...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Apr 2018 15:42

Burton 2 Bolton 0

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Apr 2018 15:58

Same old, same old....Cmon Brentford.....I don't think the crowd here realise our predicament if results elsewhere stay as they are and we lose this.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Apr 2018 16:00

In these circumstances I would take the point.

Poor first half, Ipswich look poor too

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 28 Apr 2018 16:03

LUX :|

true dat.
Last edited by stealthpapes on 28 Apr 2018 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 16:05

Royal_jimmy In these circumstances I would take the point.

Poor first half, Ipswich look poor too

Poor opposition havent had much trouble with us tbf.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2018 16:10

Ascotexgunner Same old, same old....Cmon Brentford.....I don't think the crowd here realise our predicament if results elsewhere stay as they are and we lose this.

The predicament is that yes theoretically we could go down, but that would involve us losing, Birmingham getting a result against Fulham, Barnsley beating Derby and Burton beating Preston, both away from home.

It’s not going to happen.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 28 Apr 2018 16:17

Fcking hell Brentford

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 28 Apr 2018 16:20

CountryRoyal
Ascotexgunner Same old, same old....Cmon Brentford.....I don't think the crowd here realise our predicament if results elsewhere stay as they are and we lose this.

The predicament is that yes theoretically we could go down, but that would involve us losing, Birmingham getting a result against Fulham, Barnsley beating Derby and Burton beating Preston, both away from home.

We definitely cannot afford to lose today. For a start, as things stand, Derby are safely in the playoffs and will relax next week.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2018 16:23

LUX
CountryRoyal

We definitely cannot afford to lose today. For a start, as things stand, Derby are safely in the playoffs and will relax next week.

Yeah I said that based on results staying the same, obviously if they did and if we lost that changes things.

124 posts