Thatcham Town FA Vase Final

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Thatcham Town FA Vase Final

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 May 2018 11:43

I think it's well worth giving a shout out to little Thatcham Town who this Sunday will play in the FA Vase final at Wembley against Stockton Town. A tremendous achievement reaching the final.

I'll be there with hopefully many other Reading fans from West Berks cheering them on.

It's actually very refreshing to go to Wembley without the normal hopes and expectations that have with the exception of the Simod cup always been shattered.

Good luck Thatcham Town !
Last edited by Gunny Fishcake on 14 May 2018 12:56, edited 2 times in total.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Thatcham Town FA Vase Final

by Old Man Andrews » 14 May 2018 11:44

Gunny Fishcake I think it's well worth giving a shout out to little Thatcham Town who this Sunday will play in the FA Vase final at Wembley against Stockton Town. A tremendous achievement reaching the final.

I'll be there with hopefully many other Reading fans from West Berks cheering them on.

It's actually very refreshing to go to Wembley without the normal hopes and expectations that have with the exception of the Simon cup always been shattered.

I loved winning the Simon Cup, great honour.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 14 May 2018 12:13

Simod :roll:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 May 2018 12:56

LUX Simod :roll:

One little letter...ruthless :P

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 May 2018 13:07

Gunny Fishcake I think it's well worth giving a shout out to little Thatcham Town who this Sunday will play in the FA Vase final at Wembley against Stockton Town. A tremendous achievement reaching the final.

It's actually very refreshing to go to Wembley without the normal hopes and expectations that have with the exception of the Simod cup always been shattered.

The more Reading fans that go, the more likely they will lose ... surely!? :D

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 May 2018 03:21

Is it on TV?

Royal1988

by Royal1988 » 16 May 2018 18:13

Jackson Corner Is it on TV?

Yes, it's on BT Sport, followed by the FA Trophy final. It's the third year in a row that they have shown this (since finals day started). I always enjoy FA Non League finals day, and I think it is certainly one of the better ideas that the FA have come up with for Wembley. 8)

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 16 May 2018 20:27

It is a magnificent achievement for a club such as Thatcham. What a day for them to remember.

Good to see that 'grass roots' football is thriving in Berkshire. Especially after the durge we have been dished up over the past couple of years.

Maidenhead United also easily consolidating their position in the National League.

So there's only "1 team in Berks" anyone?! LOL

Anyway good luck to Thatcham. I'll be watching for their result.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 17 May 2018 09:28

grey_squirrel It is a magnificent achievement for a club such as Thatcham. What a day for them to remember.

Good to see that 'grass roots' football is thriving in Berkshire. Especially after the durge we have been dished up over the past couple of years.

Maidenhead United also easily consolidating their position in the National League.

I agree

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2018 13:35

Good luck to Thatcham - massive achievement to get this far. Always been a decent club and good to me over the years.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 May 2018 15:21

grey_squirrel It is a magnificent achievement for a club such as Thatcham. What a day for them to remember.

Was always a Reading Town myself.

What ever happened to them?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 May 2018 09:55

Green

In February 2016, Reading Town were closed down by owners Battersea and Wandsworth TUC

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/14275142.Football_community_stunned_as_Reading_Town_FC_are_closed_down/

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/step-five-and-below/15047/troubled-reading-town-resign-from-the-hellenic-league/

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 18 May 2018 12:31

Hendo
Green

In February 2016, Reading Town were closed down by owners Battersea and Wandsworth TUC

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/14275142.Football_community_stunned_as_Reading_Town_FC_are_closed_down/

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/step-five-and-below/15047/troubled-reading-town-resign-from-the-hellenic-league/

Seems strange that a Trade Union Council would want to own a football club, well away from where they are based.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 May 2018 20:55

The Royal Forester Seems strange that a Trade Union Council would want to own a football club, well away from where they are based.

It was tied in with running the bars, and/or security, at the Festival. When they lost the contract for the festival it made the football club and it's facilities surplus to requirements and they ran it into the ground.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2018 17:38

Hoop Blah
The Royal Forester Seems strange that a Trade Union Council would want to own a football club, well away from where they are based.

It was tied in with running the bars, and/or security, at the Festival. When they lost the contract for the festival it made the football club and it's facilities surplus to requirements and they ran it into the ground.

So the club allowed itself to be taken over by a business basically only interested in one 3 day festival a year in the town? You’d have thought alarm bells would have been ringing right from the off especially when considering the reason that any opportunity the union would have had to make money out of it would be regularly put out to tender.

You’d think they’d have had the decency to at least waited for the end of that season though - and I bet it wouldn’t have happened if it had been Wandsworth Town.

Perhaps Highmoor Ibis should now change their name to Reading Ibis and stay there permanently.

RATM

by RATM » 19 May 2018 20:06

Like many Thatcham based Reading my fans I'm Looking forward to a day out at Wembley tomorrow without the usual fear of Reading failure.

Thatcham have had a great season and can approach the game without fear.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2018 14:21

Well done Kingfishers!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2018 14:21

Lovely stuff

Old Man Andrews