178 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 14:55

muirinho
Denver Royal
Old Man Andrews
He's 26 and signed a 4 year deal, he's not here as cover. Gunter will be sold, absolute guarantee.

Agree, I don't see him as cover. This signing could have a trickle down affect for some others, too. There may be less opportunities now for the likes of Blackett or Ilori to masquerade as full-backs. Which could presumably mean they either cut it full time at CB, or not...

If they sell Gunter they need to get in another full-back. Clement was complaining about lack of competition/backup - how is that solved by doing a one-in one-out replacement? Especially since Obita will only be coming back from injury.

Might happen at Christmas though, if Obita comes back well in the first half of the season.

Maybe he rates Watson from training sessions enough to let him act as back up all season? If Gunter goes that leaves Yiadom, Watson and Bacuna at RB and Obita, Richards and Blackett at LB.

It does seem unlikely that he has faith in Watson but perhaps he spoke with him and told him to focus on recovery for next season rather than needlessly call him up to the first team after a long injury layoff?

I understand users were unimpressed with Watson's return in the u23s but he's young still and perhaps not ready to play as Mich as the coach's thought.

Obviously Blackett, Watson and Richards aren't as good a back up as Gunter (lacking experience more than anything) but I'd rather see 2 in each position with a 3rd option in Bacuna and Blackett for each flank. If we can sell Gunter, we should.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2018 15:08

I think Watson had a poor 15 mins or so against Villa which a few of us saw. Apparently (well according to JLow) he had been very good in the previous U23 game

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 18 May 2018 15:15

Huddersfield and Swansea were both in for him last summer and apparently he alienated the Barnsley faithful by openly saying he wanted a move to the Prem. Had an injury at the time which scuppered the move. Obv Clement was @ Swansea then.

Barnsley fans seem to (mostly) rate him highly and think he could have done better than here.

Quality player who showed an excellent attitude to get on with the season. Good luck to the lad from me

We were a stronger side with him in it, his attitude was spot on & he was surrounded by numpties for most of last season.
Proper player & we will miss him, if folk think he wasn't very good this season & not one of the best in the team, we must have had some reight players & i'm surprised we didn't mek the play offs....

Good luck to him. His first season was very good, had heart and never stopped trying. For whatever reason, last season he just wasn't that same player and I think after "that interview" . No doubt there were times he tried, but there were others he just didn't track as hard and let runners go. One of our better players in a woeful season, a season that really didn't deserve a player of the year.

We also stayed out of the relegation places for the entirety of the 2016/2017 season with Yiadom occupying various positions throughout the campaign including at right back.

Can’t stand this Yiadom bashing, it’s ridiculous considering how good he actually is.

Scapegoated massively this season.

He was a upper championship player with premier league suitors until we allowed half of our team to leave and diluted the quality.

Not sure Readings the right move for him, unless they have plans to bring in some quality to play along side him.

I think he would shine in a decent team that are on his wavelength.

Great player will be missed. Never let us down.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/yiadom.268470/

A few dissenters, but this guy sounds class, and we seem to have done well to get him,

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 May 2018 15:18

The Prisoner Huddersfield and Swansea were both in for him last summer and apparently he alienated the Barnsley faithful by openly saying he wanted a move to the Prem. Had an injury at the time which scuppered the move. Obv Clement was @ Swansea then.

Barnsley fans seem to (mostly) rate him highly and think he could have done better than here.

Quality player who showed an excellent attitude to get on with the season. Good luck to the lad from me

We were a stronger side with him in it, his attitude was spot on & he was surrounded by numpties for most of last season.
Proper player & we will miss him, if folk think he wasn't very good this season & not one of the best in the team, we must have had some reight players & i'm surprised we didn't mek the play offs....

Good luck to him. His first season was very good, had heart and never stopped trying. For whatever reason, last season he just wasn't that same player and I think after "that interview" . No doubt there were times he tried, but there were others he just didn't track as hard and let runners go. One of our better players in a woeful season, a season that really didn't deserve a player of the year.

We also stayed out of the relegation places for the entirety of the 2016/2017 season with Yiadom occupying various positions throughout the campaign including at right back.

Can’t stand this Yiadom bashing, it’s ridiculous considering how good he actually is.

Scapegoated massively this season.

He was a upper championship player with premier league suitors until we allowed half of our team to leave and diluted the quality.

Not sure Readings the right move for him, unless they have plans to bring in some quality to play along side him.

I think he would shine in a decent team that are on his wavelength.

Great player will be missed. Never let us down.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/yiadom.268470/

A few dissenters, but this guy sounds class, and we seem to have done well to get him,

Especially on a free as well.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 May 2018 16:26

Another thought - this does mean we could revive the 'wing-back' idea. I guess that both Obita and Yiadom would be better suited to a more free-flowing, attacking role. But then I hear that Clement isn't keen on that style.

Something like

--------------------------------Manone --------------------------------

------------------Ilori - -------Moore ----------Blackett-----------

Yiadom----------------------------------------------------------Obita

----------------------Bacuna -------------New CM -----------------

Aluko--------------------------------------------------------Barrow

---------------------------------New ST---------------------------------

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2018 16:38

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal Lol @ the idea of Cardiff buying Gunts for the Premier League. They'd have to be bonkers.

I reckon he would be more suited to the football in the Premier League, just as he always seems to perform better on the international stage.

Well given he couldn't even keep Shaun Cummings out the side the last time he played there and he's got no better since, I'll continue laughing my arse off at the idea.

Can you imagine a less Warnock player than Chris soft-as-shite scared-of-a-challenge Gunter? I can't.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2018 17:31

Elm Park Kid Another thought - this does mean we could revive the 'wing-back' idea. I guess that both Obita and Yiadom would be better suited to a more free-flowing, attacking role. But then I hear that Clement isn't keen on that style.

Something like

Was going along with that til I saw Aluko’s name in there

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 May 2018 17:43

Hound
Elm Park Kid Another thought - this does mean we could revive the 'wing-back' idea. I guess that both Obita and Yiadom would be better suited to a more free-flowing, attacking role. But then I hear that Clement isn't keen on that style.

Something like

and Blackett's.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 17:46

Hound

Something like

He needs to be replaced more than a new CM.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2018 20:01

Hound

Something like

............................Mannone
................Ilori, McShane, Moore
Yiadom..........................................Obita
.............Bacuna..New CM..Kelly
..................Bodvarsson..Barrow

That's better, no Blackett or Aluko, and Barrow nicely away from any defensive responsibility other than vaguely ambling around following CBs. If you're playing wing backs and three centre backs, you can't really afford wingers too... leaves you rather exposed through the middle. Kelly and Bacuna can add a little width as necessary.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 20:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Something like

That's better, no Blackett or Aluko, and Barrow nicely away from any defensive responsibility other than vaguely ambling around following CBs. If you're playing wing backs and three centre backs, you can't really afford wingers too... leaves you rather exposed through the middle. Kelly and Bacuna can add a little width as necessary.

I would worry about our options off the bench with that formation (pending new signings obviously)

Blackett could yet prove himself to be adequate back up as a CB but we would want to be looking at at least 1 more CM to join Swift if we play 3 in the middle (as people don't seem to rate Evans anymore)
I do think Barrow would do a hell of a job as a striker in a partnership with someone taller a stronger like Bod or Kermie though. I'm not a huge fan of 3 at the back if I'm honest, particularly as many of the stronger teams in our division play with a lone striker.

biff

by biff » 19 May 2018 02:00

His interviews make him sound endearingly thick. Looks like a cracking player.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 May 2018 08:01

biff His interviews make him sound endearingly thick. Looks like a cracking player.

That was also my first thought..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2018 09:16

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Hound

I would worry about our options off the bench with that formation (pending new signings obviously)

Blackett could yet prove himself to be adequate back up as a CB but we would want to be looking at at least 1 more CM to join Swift if we play 3 in the middle (as people don't seem to rate Evans anymore)
I do think Barrow would do a hell of a job as a striker in a partnership with someone taller a stronger like Bod or Kermie though. I'm not a huge fan of 3 at the back if I'm honest, particularly as many of the stronger teams in our division play with a lone striker.

See, I'm happy with Edwards, Evans, Berg, Rinomhota and Swift as decent players who can fill in if needed... we needed a stronger first choice, but they're ok.

We just need a clear set up, game plan, fresh start and a couple of good signings and we should be comfortably mid-table. Getting any further is really going to need two seasons.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 May 2018 10:01

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

See, I'm happy with Edwards, Evans, Berg, Rinomhota and Swift as decent players who can fill in if needed... we needed a stronger first choice, but they're ok.

We just need a clear set up, game plan, fresh start and a couple of good signings and we should be comfortably mid-table. Getting any further is really going to need two seasons.

Fair enough. I hope to see a big change in Swift and Kelly next season. Both disappointed but Kelly regressed if anything. I know you saw it differently but for me he was too static and could pull off many if the Hollywood passes he's been touted as very capable of.

He offers more defensively than Swift (when he isn't ball watching like the Ipswich game) but I still think Swift is the better player.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 May 2018 11:16

Something like

------------------Ilori - -------Moore ----------Elphick -----------

Popa--------------------------------------------------------Barrow

Amended, but 2 in midfield don`t work for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2018 12:24

NewCorkSeth
biff His interviews make him sound endearingly thick. Looks like a cracking player.

Ha, yeah crossed my mind as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2018 17:49

Hound
NewCorkSeth

Ha, yeah crossed my mind as well

Therefore, perhaps his song should be Nick Lowe’s “Cracking Up”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoymVdmu2_o

Double d v2

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Double d v2 » 21 May 2018 16:39

Old Man Andrews
TiagoIlori Hope he just had the Bradley Dack syndrome, aka after being unsettled he just couldn’t get going and that he’ll do a lot better than he did last season. It does concern me if this is the case should a larger club come in for him, but I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt, considering he’s supposed to be on small wages and he’s had his team completely torn apart over the last 18 months

I really like Bradley Dack. He can play in all the midfield positions really well. You could say he is a DACK of all trades............

I think we should try sign him.

Yiadom is a gr8 signing.

Already more positive about this coming season

178 posts