Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by Hound » 29 May 2018 09:11

can only think of Duffy tbh - think he was 5m

There was talk of Flint going for 10m-ish but he has stayed put so far.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 May 2018 09:30

Royalwaster
CountryRoyal
Royalwaster
It would never be that much for a CB - £4mill with add-ons.

Bullshit. Plenty* of CBs from the Champ have gone for more, and in the current climate and with as long on his contract he has left, there is no reason to expect or sell for less.

*ok not plenty, but certainly some.

Go on ... give me a list of one or more CBs who have sold for more than that from the Champ in last few years.

Here's two.

Grant Hanley Blackburn to Newcastle. Fee about £5.5 mill
Shane Duffy Blackburn to Brighton, Fee about £4.5mill

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2018 10:34

muirinho
Royalwaster
CountryRoyal
Bullshit. Plenty* of CBs from the Champ have gone for more, and in the current climate and with as long on his contract he has left, there is no reason to expect or sell for less.

*ok not plenty, but certainly some.

Go on ... give me a list of one or more CBs who have sold for more than that from the Champ in last few years.

Here's two.

Harry Maguire? James Chester?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 29 May 2018 10:37

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
Royalwaster

Here's two.

Matt Mills (from us to Leicester)? Or is that too old to count?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2018 10:39

Gav
NewCorkSeth
muirinho
Here's two.

Matt Mills (from us to Leicester)? Or is that too old to count?

Probably too old but Michael Hector isn't.

Ciaran Clark? Alfie Mawson?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 May 2018 10:51

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
Royalwaster

Here's two.

So around £5mill is the highest ... Maguire and Chester are higher but Maguire was sold by Hull (when they were relegated - so a Prem club going down) and Chester was bought by a Champ team from a Prem team.

Still I guess with price going more and more crazy, we should really not let Brighton mug us off for Moore.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2018 11:00

Royalwaster
NewCorkSeth
muirinho
Here's two.

So around £5mill is the highest ... Maguire and Chester are higher but Maguire was sold by Hull (when they were relegated - so a Prem club going down) and Chester was bought by a Champ team from a Prem team.

Still I guess with price going more and more crazy, we should really not let Brighton mug us off for Moore.

West Brom bought Chester for 10 million from the champ. Maguire cost more than that?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 29 May 2018 11:56

Sutekh
TiagoIlori Brighton keen on offering a bid with Baldock who we’re keen on. I think he’s replaceable but we should absolutely rinse them as much as we can.

Baldock. 90 goals in 287 league apps. Roughly 1 goal in 3. 29 years old. Best return was the 34 in 83 games at Bristol City 5 years ago. Since then 18 in 81 at Brighton. All a bit :| on that side of the suggested deal really.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, he played a crucial role last season with Brighton when he was fit.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 May 2018 13:07

NewCorkSeth
Royalwaster
NewCorkSeth Harry Maguire? James Chester?

West Brom bought Chester for 10 million from the champ. Maguire cost more than that?

Like Maguire they bought Chester at end of the season after Hull got relegated from the Prem .... so at that stage Chester had been playing in the Premiership so not a Champ player.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 May 2018 13:09

TiagoIlori
Sutekh
TiagoIlori Brighton keen on offering a bid with Baldock who we’re keen on. I think he’s replaceable but we should absolutely rinse them as much as we can.

Baldock. 90 goals in 287 league apps. Roughly 1 goal in 3. 29 years old. Best return was the 34 in 83 games at Bristol City 5 years ago. Since then 18 in 81 at Brighton. All a bit :| on that side of the suggested deal really.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, he played a crucial role last season with Brighton when he was fit.

It depends what type of striker we want.
Baldock is (or was) quite quick and a good finisher but small whereas Hemed (who is probably also available) is slow, not a great finisher but quite a physical presence.

Coming back to Moore I think we are over-rating him because he has been such a trier for us and we would probably end up wasting the money (Aluko) which I suspect would be nearer £3million-although fairly quick he is quite small for a centre-back.
BTW didn't Goldson have major heart surgery?

Although Brighton are supposedly interested in him as a squad player (he wouldn't get in ahead of Dunk or Duffy)I don't think many Premier League clubs will be interested and if he goes, I agree with Ian, it would more likely be to one of the "big" clubs in The Championship.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 May 2018 13:31

TiagoIlori
Sutekh

Do you mean 17-18?

He played twice that season in the league, 24 and 6 minutes.

Decent record 2016-17 but must be a bit of a chance with (effectively) a whole season out
Last edited by Snowball on 29 May 2018 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 May 2018 13:33

Class from Brighton if they manage to get our best player and offload some of the crap on their wage bill all in the same deal

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 May 2018 13:36

Baldock is a good champ player. Not sure one who would suit what we need though.

If the offer for Moore is £3m, we just won't sell. Imagine they won't even talk until it goes above 5

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 May 2018 13:39

Speaking to a Brighton supporting m8, Baldock was apparently hugely important the season they went up. He's only 29 too - I thought he was well north of 30

Obviously, I'd prefer to keep Moore. I don't think we should really be entertaining any offers below £10m given today's market

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2018 13:53

genome Speaking to a Brighton supporting m8, Baldock was apparently hugely important the season they went up. He's only 29 too - I thought he was well north of 30

Obviously, I'd prefer to keep Moore. I don't think we should really be entertaining any offers below £10m given today's market

In their promotion season, he started 27 games (31 apps in total) and scored 11, which isn't too shabby as he played just behind the main striker or on the left alot.

For those of you who love the minutes per goal stat, that turns out to be a goal every 198 mins.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 May 2018 14:15

Surely the price is going to come down to whatever is in the release clause of his latest contract.

Having said that, £3m is a laughable figure from those who clearly have no clue of his potential value or ability.

He's 25, destined for the top flight and has every chance of establishing himself in the starting 11 of a lower Premiership side sooner rather than later.

As such, £5m in today's climate would be a great deal that Brighton could yet pull off. They should be thankful they have a decent manager with an eye for a bargain. Why their arrivals aren't piling in beggars belief.

Just because we were sh*t last season doesn't make Liam Moore less of a player.

A decent striker in part exchange would be very nice. As yet another top player who is destined for better things, I wish him well.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 May 2018 14:19

Woodcote Royal Surely the price is going to come down to whatever is in the release clause of his latest contract.

Having said that, £3m is a laughable figure from those who clearly have no clue of his potential value or ability.

He's 25, destined for the top flight and has every chance of establishing himself in the starting 11 of a lower Premiership side sooner rather than later.

As such, £5m in today's climate would be a great deal that Brighton could yet pull off. They should be thankful they have a decent manager with an eye for a bargain. Why their arrivals aren't piling in beggars belief.

Just because we were sh*t last season doesn't make Liam Moore less of a player.

A decent striker in part exchange would be very nice. As yet another top player who is destined for better things, I wish him well.

Goldson and Baldock straight swap :D

One87One

by One87One » 29 May 2018 14:49

It'll be disappointing to lose a quality player BUT he was always leaving this summer. I just hope we hold out for a big fee, because in today's market he shouldn't be going anywhere for less than £8m.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 May 2018 09:20

Victor Meldrew
TiagoIlori
Sutekh

It depends what type of striker we want.
Baldock is (or was) quite quick and a good finisher but small whereas Hemed (who is probably also available) is slow, not a great finisher but quite a physical presence.

Coming back to Moore I think we are over-rating him because he has been such a trier for us and we would probably end up wasting the money (Aluko) which I suspect would be nearer £3million-although fairly quick he is quite small for a centre-back.
BTW didn't Goldson have major heart surgery?

Although Brighton are supposedly interested in him as a squad player (he wouldn't get in ahead of Dunk or Duffy)I don't think many Premier League clubs will be interested and if he goes, I agree with Ian, it would more likely be to one of the "big" clubs in The Championship.

Yes Goldson did but that was over a year ago and he’s back fit, played in the premier league for Brighton too

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 May 2018 09:21

Snowball
TiagoIlori
Sutekh

Do you mean 17-18?

He played twice that season in the league, 24 and 6 minutes.

Decent record 2016-17 but must be a bit of a chance with (effectively) a whole season out

Nah I meant 16-17

489 posts