RUMOUR: Paddy McNair

Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR: Paddy McNair

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 09:15

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Norfolk Royal Who's to say the Reading Chronicle haven't got Brighton mixed up with Reading?

Nothing is beyond the Reading Chronicle. They have their best man Courtney Friday on the job. He was the one who got the big scoop on Fernando Forrestieri.................

Notice they were right on the ball with Meyler again as well. Friday was about to break the news, but instead he had a whinge that Reading don't do anything like Wycombe in giving free Child Season tickets to U12s (they do - my kids have never paid more than £1 a game you tool)

He was straight up McCleary's backside yesterday too. I am sure Friday has been massively critical of him over the last season (justified).

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 09:19

genome
Hound
Old Man Andrews
Nothing is beyond the Reading Chronicle. They have their best man Courtney Friday on the job. He was the one who got the big scoop on Fernando Forrestieri.................

Notice they were right on the ball with Meyler again as well. Friday was about to break the news, but instead he had a whinge that Reading don't do anything like Wycombe in giving free Child Season tickets to U12s (they do - my kids have never paid more than £1 a game you tool)

And he wonders why they never give him anything :lol:

Love it when the press whinge and moan about ticket prices. You get in for free pal and get paid to be there, shut your gob! Literally nobody amongst the supporters is complaining about ticket prices either, just trying to make a story out of nothing to satisfy his editor.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 09:20

Old Man Andrews
genome
Hound

Love it when the press whinge and moan about ticket prices. You get in for free pal and get paid to be there, shut your gob! Literally nobody amongst the supporters is complaining about ticket prices either, just trying to make a story out of nothing to satisfy his editor.

Was he actually moaning at the club over the sake of £1?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 09:25

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

No I think he just had no idea how much tickets are or the deals Reading offer. I think research is beyond him.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 10:01

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

No I think he just had no idea how much tickets are or the deals Reading offer. I think research is beyond him.

Now the chief Chronic reporter Anthony Smith is claiming his lack of updates on Meyler was due to "phone/Twitter problems"

Jesus christ

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 10:03

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

Now the chief Chronic reporter Anthony Smith is claiming his lack of updates on Meyler was due to "phone/Twitter problems"

Jesus christ

oxf*rd hell, someone buy the bloke a laptop! Maybe they only have the one between the entire writing staff at the Chronic, time share.

Edit: He has been having problems for 12 DAYS apparently!! A senior journilist, 12 days without either getting a new phone/laptop. I haven't ever known of anyone have Twitter problems for 12 minutes let alone 12 days. He's a shocking excuse for a journalist.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 10:17

Update: He has been pressed further on it and come back with the reply "Also have kids, pick-ups all over the place to do after a long day at the office".

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 10:20

Jesus. What a shambles

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jun 2018 10:26

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

Jesus christ

Chronicle and Friday in particular are an utter shambles. Weasel and rat of a man.

Never thought our Jonathon would be top dog when he set about this job 18 months ago - but having said that it shows how much the players rate our local press when they literally have zero contacts at the club.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 10:27

Old Man Andrews Update: He has been pressed further on it and come back with the reply "Also have kids, pick-ups all over the place to do after a long day at the office".

So... what did he do during his long day at the office then? :lol:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jun 2018 10:28

Old Man Andrews Update: He has been pressed further on it and come back with the reply "Also have kids, pick-ups all over the place to do after a long day at the office".

Someone buy him a smartphone on ebay please!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 10:32

genome

Probably sent a lot of fan mail to Chris Gunter written in Crayon then spent the remainder of the afternoon trying to work out how to charge his Nokia 3310.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 10:33

paultheroyal
genome
Old Man Andrews

Jesus christ

Chronicle and Friday in particular are an utter shambles. Weasel and rat of a man.

Never thought our Jonathon would be top dog when he set about this job 18 months ago - but having said that it shows how much the players rate our local press when they literally have zero contacts at the club.

Jonathan Low's webchats are now the highlight of the local media output.

Dark, dark days.............

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 10:34

paultheroyal
genome
Old Man Andrews

Jesus christ

JLow's pretty useless at getting any scoops etc but comes across as basically a decent guy doing a job where he isn't being given any info for free

Needs to find himself a mate at the club to give him a few leaks.

I pretty much ignore anything that comes out of the chronic. All the various rumours on Hammill etc that just seem to be made up as much as anything. They should just give that Talk Reading club stalker bloke a job there, he seems more on the ball than anyone

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jun 2018 13:10

genome

To be honest, if I had to share an office with Courtney Friday, I'd probably lock myself in the stationery cupboard.

It is a shambles though. His job basically involves trawling the internet for gossip and phoning up the local associations once a week for results and fixtures. My local free rag has more in depth local football coverage than the Chronicle and their top team plays in the Northern Premier League.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jun 2018 13:57

Hound They should just give that Talk Reading club stalker bloke a job there, he seems more on the ball than anyone

Yeah. TR. :roll: we all know where TR rips 95% of his stuff from.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 13:58

maffff
Hound They should just give that Talk Reading club stalker bloke a job there, he seems more on the ball than anyone

Yep. The Tilehurst End.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 06 Jun 2018 17:30

maffff

Where?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jun 2018 17:48

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

If he bothered to do some basic research he would soon appreciate our season ticket prices are very reasonably priced and less than a lot of clubs in the lower divisions. Poor poor stuff.