RUMOUR - Marcus Maddison

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Marcus Maddison

by muirinho » 11 Jun 2018 13:13

One87One That Nicko rumour is fake. Someone spoofed his account and maffff didn't notice.

Think mafff was the one doing the spoofing there. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jun 2018 15:19

lovable Barry Fry has confirmed we are one of 3 clubs bidding for him. But think we prob knew that already

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 13 Jun 2018 07:31

According to P'boro chairman on Twitter, its highly unlikely Reading will sign Maddison...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jun 2018 07:57

The clamour on social media from the younger Reading supporters is really embarassing. They haven't even seen Maddison play before yet are getting personally offended we won't be signing him.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 13 Jun 2018 08:08

Old Man Andrews The clamour on social media from the younger Reading supporters is really embarassing. They haven't even seen Maddison play before yet are getting personally offended we won't be signing him.

Considering last season's debacle, hardly surprising...

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jun 2018 08:27

if Forest are in for him as rumours suggest, then with the money they are spending the price will be inflated and we won't compete with them for his signature.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2018 08:51

yep does seem that we are 'no longer in pole position'. But that also suggests we once were which was interesting. Imagine they are of course trying to get a bidding war going

yep the comments on Twitter are shameful, but no surprise there

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Jun 2018 13:44

muirinho
One87One That Nicko rumour is fake. Someone spoofed his account and maffff didn't notice.

Think mafff was the one doing the spoofing there. Some people just want to see the world burn.

:twisted: tbf, it was aimed at Nixon more than our fans.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Jun 2018 14:11

maffff
muirinho

:twisted: tbf, it was aimed at Nixon more than our fans.

for once..... :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2018 08:22

HITC pushing this one again. all seems very, very unlikely though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2018 08:34

Reporting Leeds and WBA showing interest too, zero chance of it happening.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2018 08:37

I will be grateful when the window shuts so that I don't have to hear about this crap for 4 months.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2018 20:30

Marcus Maddison's next club odds:

Reading - 2/1
Blackburn - 4/1
Leeds - 5/1
Nottm Forest - 6/1
Sunderland - 8/1
WBA - 8/1

https://twitter.com/Oddschanger/status/ ... 0085491712

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Aug 2018 20:51

windermereROYAL Marcus Maddison's next club odds:

Reading - 2/1
Blackburn - 4/1
Leeds - 5/1
Nottm Forest - 6/1
Sunderland - 8/1
WBA - 8/1

https://twitter.com/Oddschanger/status/ ... 0085491712

We've been favourites to sign him for the last two months. We were 4/6 a few weeks ago. Doesn't mean anything.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 21:37

Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely you can't start a bidding war when the player has a release clause (rumoured to be £2.5m).

The only way we can be outdone is on wages, but then the player might prefer the prospect of more regular football at Reading over a few extra thousand pounds a week.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 08 Aug 2018 21:46

LightwaterRoyal Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely you can't start a bidding war when the player has a release clause (rumoured to be £2.5m).

The only way we can be outdone is on wages, but then the player might prefer the prospect of more regular football at Reading over a few extra thousand pounds a week.

I think you may find that a few extra thousand appears to be a main driver...its been reported that some clubs have walked away because of his wage demands....he will end up at Leeds I think..

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 22:46

DOYLERSAROYALER
LightwaterRoyal Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely you can't start a bidding war when the player has a release clause (rumoured to be £2.5m).

I think you may find that a few extra thousand appears to be a main driver...its been reported that some clubs have walked away because of his wage demands....he will end up at Leeds I think..

Don't get me wrong. I have no doubt the club offering the higher wage will almost always secure the player.

I'm just suggesting that it wouldn't be the first time a player has taken a lesser wage in favour of a move that is more career friendly. For every ten Jack Rodwells you get the odd Jack Wilshire.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 Aug 2018 23:47

Any release clause will be met by any team regardless. That said, think we'll need to pay him a fair wedge. A lesser wage for a more career-friendly move here could be debated. You’re hinting (I think) he’ll get more mins here because...we’re one of the favorites to go down (which we are). But he and agent may think Leeds, Forest, WBA, etc, offer better chance of promo to PL (where players want to play, plus better wages, exposure, etc). Depends on career path they’re charting, who prospective manager would be, etc. So, assuming he’ll sign approx 3-year deal somewhere (and thus be tied down), we in our position may actually have to cough up a fair bit to entice him to come here. We’ll see how it plays out. He wasn’t in squad for either of Posh’ first 2 games

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Aug 2018 10:19

Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely you can't start a bidding war when the player has a release clause (rumoured to be £2.5m).

course you can.
3 clubs in for him. 1st club offers release clause fee, 2nd club offers release clause fee plus 500k more, 3rd club offers release clause + 1 million.
3rd club gets player

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2018 10:24

Maneki Neko

course you can.
3 clubs in for him. 1st club offers release clause fee, 2nd club offers release clause fee plus 500k more, 3rd club offers release clause + 1 million.
3rd club gets player

The release clause allows the player to speak to the club who offered to pay it. If club 3 offers the release clause + 1m and he doesn't want to move there the club cant make him. But if club 1 only offers the release clause and he wants to move there the deal can be done.
The bidding war will probs be over how much wages to offer him.