England V Panama

157 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England V Panama

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 14:47

CountryRoyal The beer throwing should be a spontaneous and uncontrollable reaction to a really significant event where you just lose your shit and can’t help it - i.e last minute winner, a penalty to make it 5-0 against oxf*rd Panama does seem a bit artificial.

Quite. Was my point. In fact personally I understood it for the first and second goals. No game is generally an easy win for England and there was a good atmosphere that went off when the first couple of goals went in, but once it's obvious we're running away with it - well, you're just throwing beer, aren't you?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jun 2018 15:01

Sanguine
CountryRoyal The beer throwing should be a spontaneous and uncontrollable reaction to a really significant event where you just lose your shit and can’t help it - i.e last minute winner, a penalty to make it 5-0 against oxf*rd Panama does seem a bit artificial.

Quite. Was my point. In fact personally I understood it for the first and second goals. No game is generally an easy win for England and there was a good atmosphere that went off when the first couple of goals went in, but once it's obvious we're running away with it - well, you're just throwing beer, aren't you?

Yeh I suppose I could have just gone for the ol’ +1 but I thought I’d really ram the point home. :lol:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jun 2018 15:38

I guess one man's beer throwing is another man's staying seated, clapping and saying Well done chaps!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 16:05

I rather think my point has been missed.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jun 2018 16:17

Sanguine I rather think my point has been missed.

Not by me

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Jun 2018 16:18

lighten up m8...it's this killjoy attitude that sent her willingly into the arms of Captain Parachute

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 16:20

bcubed

Not by me

You missed it entirely. There's a difference between drinks flying out of fans losing their shit at a crucial goal, and people lobbing drink in the air because Harry Kane just made it 6-0 off his ankle. You're talking about sitting down and politely clapping. No-one was doing that.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jun 2018 16:23

Sanguine
bcubed

Not by me

You missed it entirely. There's a difference between drinks flying out of fans losing their shit at a crucial goal, and people lobbing drink in the air because Harry Kane just made it 6-0 off his ankle. You're talking about sitting down and politely clapping. No-one was doing that.

I suggest you missed my point which whilst partly an attempt at humour is indicating that people are free to respond to goals as they wish

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 16:25

bcubed
I suggest you missed my point which whilst partly an attempt at humour is indicating that people are free to respond to goals as they wish

Thank you for clarifying the law of the land.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jun 2018 16:26

Sanguine
bcubed

I clearly needed to

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 16:29

bcubed
Sanguine
bcubed

I clearly needed to

Why would you need to do that when someone was just expressing a view that a certain behaviour was silly?
Come on now.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jun 2018 16:32

Sanguine
bcubed
Sanguine

I clearly needed to

Why would you need to do that when someone was just expressing a view that a certain behaviour was silly?
Come on now.

I merely suggested that the view it was silly was not universally held. And tried to do it humorously (also something not universally appreciated, if at all :) )

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Jun 2018 11:43

I'm with Sangers.

One thing putting me off going out into town to watch Thursday's game twatty over reacting to a dead rubber of a game.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Jun 2018 12:05

John Madejski's Wallet I'm with Sangers.

One thing putting me off going out into town to watch Thursday's game twatty over reacting to a dead rubber of a game.

it's not a dead rubber gr5 m12

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Jun 2018 17:45

Had a brief look at the bar at the station, but it's ticket-only and has been sold out since last week.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Jun 2018 22:36

Sanguine

Had a brief look at the bar at the station, but it's ticket-only and has been sold out since last week.

3 guineas or the fan zone thingy?

Me and mates are heading in to town and have no idea where to watch the footy...…..where won't be packed full of gimps?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Jun 2018 08:37

John Madejski's Wallet
Sanguine

3 guineas or the fan zone thingy?

Me and mates are heading in to town and have no idea where to watch the footy...…..where won't be packed full of gimps?

The fan zone thingy opposite the Guineas. Everywhere will be packed full of gimps. I've settled on a BBQ and watching it at home.

157 posts