Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jun 2018 10:17

Hound thought West Ham.

tbh, sure he believes in himself enough to get in any team outside the top 6. He is 25 now, no point waiting around any longer if he wants another crack at the Prem

West Ham would be a great move. I think I asked a question a while ago about a swap for him and Hugil, that would work for both clubs imo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2018 10:24

yep would be in for that. Hugill would be near the top of my list of players to bring in. Big strong thug who knows the division and has a decent scoring record. Would be delighted to see him here

Doubt he has any future there under Pellegrini

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jun 2018 11:14

Hound yep would be in for that. Hugill would be near the top of my list of players to bring in. Big strong thug who knows the division and has a decent scoring record. Would be delighted to see him here

Doubt he has any future there under Pellegrini

Good shout. Do you think Jose Fonte needs to come back down to the Championship?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jun 2018 11:16

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Is Brighton a good move for him? He left the then reigning champions because he didn't want to sit on a bench and surely the Brighton bench isn't that attractive?

Burnley would be a good shout for him. Dyche would probably improve him and if his current lot keep playing the way they do they will need a new CB soon enough. I could see him actually thriving there.

They have Ben Mee and Tarkowski. Can't see him getting past them, not any time soon anyway. I really think he'd suit Wolves personally.

Sorry for not being clear. I meant if he has to sit on a bench Burnley would be a good shout. I can see a bid coming in for one of Mee or Tarkowski soonish so he would have a path to the first team while training with a coaching team with a track record of improving CBs.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jun 2018 11:29

Looks like we've rejected £7m rising to 10...

Good to see us showing a modicum of ambition to keep players, or at least get value for them.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jun 2018 12:03

maffff Looks like we've rejected £7m rising to 10...

Good to see us showing a modicum of ambition to keep players, or at least get value for them.

Definitely the latter. He won't play the first game of the season in a Reading shirt, please get that into your head right now

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jun 2018 13:11

I am completely for selling him at £15m, that’s a huge sum of money that can be used to rebuild the strikeforce we currently have. Considering he cost a few milly just two years ago it shows you can get very good value in this market if you go for players under the radar.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jun 2018 13:13

TiagoIlori I am completely for selling him at £15m, that’s a huge sum of money that can be used to rebuild the strikeforce we currently have. Considering he cost a few milly just two years ago it shows you can get very good value in this market

We wouldn't get £15million, thats very ambitious. £10million would be perfectly acceptable.

Tommio

by Tommio » 28 Jun 2018 13:21

TiagoIlori I am completely for selling him at £15m, that’s a huge sum of money that can be used to rebuild the strikeforce we currently have. Considering he cost a few milly just two years ago it shows you can get very good value in this market if you go for players under the radar.

We got Moore for only £1m

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jun 2018 13:25

Old Man Andrews
TiagoIlori I am completely for selling him at £15m, that’s a huge sum of money that can be used to rebuild the strikeforce we currently have. Considering he cost a few milly just two years ago it shows you can get very good value in this market

We wouldn't get £15million, thats very ambitious. £10million would be perfectly acceptable.

Brighton allegedly had bid £10m last week and a few weeks ago Reading said they wanted £15m, I think we could get the price to around that mark including add ons

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2018 13:45

NewCorkSeth Is Brighton a good move for him? He left the then reigning champions because he didn't want to sit on a bench and surely the Brighton bench isn't that attractive?

Burnley would be a good shout for him. Dyche would probably improve him and if his current lot keep playing the way they do they will need a new CB soon enough. I could see him actually thriving there.

He left Leicester because it was clear he wasn't a contender for their team, even though he may have thought he had the ability to be one.

If Brighton are willing to spend £5m+ on him, clearly he IS a contender for their first team. And no doubt he'd back his ability to force his way in given the chance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2018 14:02

10m straight plus a couple of million add ons would be about right I reckon

Where did this 15m figure come from? The only place I've seen it is via a 'Chronicle source' - i.e. made up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jun 2018 14:24

And who to replace Moore if he does go? Is Elphick really what we'd want as the answer to that one?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jun 2018 14:38

Sutekh And who to replace Moore if he does go? Is Elphick really what we'd want as the answer to that one?

No. Without Moore our CB options look very very week indeed and in no way will we challenge in the top half. As it is with him I still think we’ll struggle a bit.

If we were to get £10m+ Cash I’m sure there are loads of quality CBs which we could look at, even if it meant going abroad.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jun 2018 14:39

TBH I found some of PCs comments a little disturbing, he said we had enough cover at CB , this includes sicknote McShane a 37 year old plus Ilori. if Moore goes you can`t see any improvement in shipping loads of goals this season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jun 2018 15:45

Snowflake Royal

He left Leicester because it was clear he wasn't a contender for their team, even though he may have thought he had the ability to be one.

If Brighton are willing to spend £5m+ on him, clearly he IS a contender for their first team. And no doubt he'd back his ability to force his way in given the chance.

Teams spend 5m+ on players they don't intend to start all the time in the premier league?

I don't think he stupid enough to think he's going to push in past Dunk and Duffy and Brighton are not exactly a favorite to stay up next season. Burnley are, have European football so will have to give bench players more time in cups than usual.

It would be a better fit imo and the lure of the club as it currently is would lessen the fear of sitting on a bench.

I thought he left Leicester to progress his career by playing games rather than being benched or out on loan rather than any "I'm too good not to start" type of attitude?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jun 2018 15:46

windermereROYAL TBH I found some of PCs comments a little disturbing, he said we had enough cover at CB , this includes sicknote McShane a 37 year old plus Ilori. if Moore goes you can`t see any improvement in shipping loads of goals this season.

He might plan on playing a 8-2-0 formation to stop the conceding.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2018 17:55

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Teams spend 5m+ on players they don't intend to start all the time in the premier league?

I don't think he stupid enough to think he's going to push in past Dunk and Duffy and Brighton are not exactly a favorite to stay up next season. Burnley are, have European football so will have to give bench players more time in cups than usual.

It would be a better fit imo and the lure of the club as it currently is would lessen the fear of sitting on a bench.

I thought he left Leicester to progress his career by playing games rather than being benched or out on loan rather than any "I'm too good not to start" type of attitude?

You seem not to be understanding the difference between being at a club where you have been told you won't be involved in the first team SQUAD and being asked to join a club because they want you to be involved in the first team SQUAD.

Moore will back himself to make a splash at Brighton. It's the nature of a successful footballer - confidence. It didn't matter how much he backed himself at Leicester, he knew he wasn't getting a look in.

Plus he's two years older and so can less afford tredding water or stepping back to step up.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jun 2018 18:58

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal He left Leicester because it was clear he wasn't a contender for their team, even though he may have thought he had the ability to be one.

You seem not to be understanding the difference between being at a club where you have been told you won't be involved in the first team SQUAD and being asked to join a club because they want you to be involved in the first team SQUAD.

Moore will back himself to make a splash at Brighton. It's the nature of a successful footballer - confidence. It didn't matter how much he backed himself at Leicester, he knew he wasn't getting a look in.

Plus he's two years older and so can less afford tredding water or stepping back to step up.

I'm really sorry Ian. I have no idea how what you are saying is relevant to what I said. There is no evidence that Brighton are buying him in to start while Dunk and Duffy are there.
As I said clubs in the premier league are capable of spending 5m+ on a player they don't intend to start or even ever play.
Imo at both Brighton and Burnley he would be on the bench. I am simply asking what is attractive about sitting on the Brighton bench.
If your response to this is "he thinks he will start for brighton if he goes there" I don't agree. He's proven to be very self aware. He knows there is a tough CB partnership to crack there so must be aware hell be spending plenty of time sitting on his arse during games if he joins them.
I am merely suggesting a more attractive option would be Burnley, who are a team I could realistically see going in for him.
Forgot anything about Leicester.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jun 2018 19:02

Remember Brighton have signed Balogun as well, that's even more competition

489 posts