Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jul 2018 22:40

Fair play to both clubs for not budging from their valuation if true.

Suspect there will be some to say terrible news we could have used the money, and yes, if I had any faith we would reinvest appropriately then I would agree. As it happens, I don’t and I suspect we’re better off with Moore than with some more shite from Sunderland.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jul 2018 09:41

I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jul 2018 10:33

genome I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

Although I feel that Liam is being massively overvalued based on last season's form I am glad that he might be staying as it would be a statement that we are not willing to sell our best players (although best of a bad bunch where nobody else is worth much :wink: ).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2018 17:24

genome I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

What's the basis for us being ok with FFP. I remember comments last season that we were having to be very careful about it.

Haven't we made some big losses recently too? Or did Wembley save us the other year? Our wages were certainly not low at the last accounts, I remember that much fosho.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2018 12:01

Sutekh
linkenholtroyal Andreas bjelland has just left Brentford, another free transfer??

You really want to sign a player with a surname like that given Reading’s defensive frailties?

Atleast we wouldn't have to come up with names to call him

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 27 Jul 2018 17:22

Rumours have broken out about him handing a transfer request. He had all summer to do that and he waits until the last minute

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2018 17:38

Brighton are still keen on signing him according to their Argus guy. Being homegrown etc, as they are short there - which is also possibly why Baldock hasn’t happened yet

Still think there is a fair chance of it happening and Moore going unfortunately. Would be a big blow

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2018 17:43

Urgh it’s on Sky now as well :(

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Jul 2018 18:11

Hound Urgh it’s on Sky now as well :(

Sky read Twitter..breaking news !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2018 18:15

That’s right. They publish every rumour that’s put on twitter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jul 2018 18:36

This was on SKY earlier at about 3pm but then it was taken down.. It seems to be up there again. If true we need to get rid sharpish otherwise we will not have time to get in a quality replacement.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 27 Jul 2018 18:43

Zip This was on SKY earlier at about 3pm but then it was taken down.. It seems to be up there again. If true we need to get rid sharpish otherwise we will not have time to get in a quality replacement.

We've already got one....O'Shea.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Jul 2018 19:00

Hound Brighton are still keen on signing him according to their Argus guy. Being homegrown etc, as they are short there - which is also possibly why Baldock hasn’t happened yet

Still think there is a fair chance of it happening and Moore going unfortunately. Would be a big blow

Baldock hasn't happened because of his wage demands, its nothing to do with Moore deal.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Jul 2018 19:16

Rather put Smith in than let Baldock call the shots ....over money...the death of football eventually

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jul 2018 20:25

Hound Brighton are still keen on signing him according to their Argus guy. Being homegrown etc, as they are short there - which is also possibly why Baldock hasn’t happened yet

It would really set things off on the wrong foot for next season. The supporters are already very downbeat after last season's effort and the very average transfer dealings haven't helped one jot.

Wonder if Paul Clement would rather be in Naples right now......

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2018 20:59

It wouldn’t be good...

But the season Stam took over, we sold Norwood and Tish at the last minute. We brought in some utter crud (Danzell, Wieser, Mendes, Anssi) plus a couple of better signings and came third

Last year we generally thought we had a good window and were abysmal

It all depends on how we start the season really

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2018 21:11

Now Moore’s requested a transfer we should get shot as soon as.

Need to buy a replacement and one would presume Reading would have a number of names lined up as they should have done their homework in case this came to pass.

Next question is will it be a swap plus cash deal or straight cash.
Last edited by Sutekh on 27 Jul 2018 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2018 21:12

Anyone who thinks this has come out of the blue is in dreamland. Brighton have been interested all window and Moore would be crazy not to want to go. If he's interested, which is pretty obvious, the club will have known about.

So it's just a case of Brighton and Reading playing brinkmanship on the fee and Moore getting tired of waiting. There's usually supposed to be some of loyalty fee that keeps players handing in requests, maybe Moore's said screw it, I'll waive my cut of the fee by handing in a transfer request and you get closer to your valuation.

It was very naive to think Moore would be happy to settle for another probably disappointing season here if anyone came knocking. We'd better get this done quick and not have lost out on our replacements now.

Ilori and McShane might be fine, but we're one injury from a poyential shambles stepping in in either O'Shea or Blackett.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jul 2018 21:13

Baldock was always going to be part of the deal surely?

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 27 Jul 2018 21:54

Feared this would happen eventually. We appear to be overloaded at CB but more quantity over quality.
Can't blame Moore in my opinion. Chance to play in premiership and with our insepid pre season it's not going to happen with us.
Struggling to be on the brink of a new season yet feeling very deflated. Definitely a hangover from last season at the moment. Really hope I'm wrong but can see this being another hard season to stomach

489 posts