Rubin or out

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Rubin or out

by Westwood52 » 20 Jul 2018 18:57

Watched three quarters of the game on You Tube.
The Trolls will be pleased I wont be marking any of the performances, given that it was a friendly, a new team at half time and I was watching at the same time, Wheeler Dealers working on a DB7 .

Also the pitch looked a bit uneven, a lot of uneven bounce. It looked from the surroundings as if they were playing at Reading Towns stadium or a Sports Club.Therefore I'm not sure how useful the exercise was in developing a system or understanding.

It did seem we had more of the game than against Besiktas, and generally it was an even game, although they had more of the chances-that said Swift almost bagged a winner right at the end; but for a good save from their keeper.

My one concern was that several players were in the same groove as last year: Kelly was again a bit careless,but at least he kept on showing for the ball. Swift again looked one paced, Gunters game one dimensional, Richards looked nervous and Smith and Meighte a bit average.

The pluses were Pelle, who looked very good (is this his season ?) and Barrow who showed a lot of drive.
All in all given that Rubin are Russian Premier league ,we didnt look outclassed.

We will know a lot more once Lampard and Derby come to Town.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rubin or out

by Hound » 20 Jul 2018 19:11

Put some thoughts on the other thread but generally agree

Thought Barrow struggled a little but got better. Smith and Meite were pretty starved of service but i thought did ok. McNulty looked a bit off the pace

Thought Swift actually did well. Pressed well and got in good positions - looked a lot more dangerous with him in.
Agree Clement looked good

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Jul 2018 19:46

Westwood52
It did seem we had more of the game than against Besiktas,.

Not hard, given they weren't playing at the time.... :mrgreen:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2018 00:51

Westwood52 Watched three quarters of the game on You Tube.
The Trolls will be pleased I wont be marking any of the performances, given that it was a friendly, a new team at half time and I was watching at the same time, Wheeler Dealers working on a DB7 .

Also the pitch looked a bit uneven, a lot of uneven bounce. It looked from the surroundings as if they were playing at Reading Towns stadium or a Sports Club.Therefore I'm not sure how useful the exercise was in developing a system or understanding.

It did seem we had more of the game than against Besiktas, and generally it was an even game, although they had more of the chances-that said Swift almost bagged a winner right at the end; but for a good save from their keeper.

My one concern was that several players were in the same groove as last year: Kelly was again a bit careless,but at least he kept on showing for the ball. Swift again looked one paced, Gunters game one dimensional, Richards looked nervous and Smith and Meighte a bit average.

The pluses were Pelle, who looked very good (is this his season ?) and Barrow who showed a lot of drive.
All in all given that Rubin are Russian Premier league ,we didnt look outclassed.

You always post decent reports. Why not post some player marks?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Jul 2018 13:24

Zip
Westwood52 Watched three quarters of the game on You Tube.

You always post decent reports. Why not post some player marks?

+1

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Jul 2018 14:14

I liked the look of Yiadom in an advanced right hand role from the bits that I saw

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Jul 2018 01:21

Last edited by Denver Royal on 24 Jul 2018 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Jul 2018 01:31

John Smith I liked the look of Yiadom in an advanced right hand role from the bits that I saw

Yep, me too. Not sure that was necessarily our biggest area of need, but reckon he should upgrade that position.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1