CONFIMRED - George Evans to Derby

153 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR - George Evans to Sunderland

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2018 09:37

This has got to be the dullest transfer saga of the summer. He need to just be told to leave or rot in the youth team, get him out of the club.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Jul 2018 09:59

Maybe the rumoured tightness with transfer money is as such that until and if Evans is sold..then no progress can be made on another striker....

....the one that was expected to be signed and in time to join the squad in Austria...

Could be wrong and it could just be inability of our DoF to get it over the line...no surprises that hes got plenty of crap deals over the line though!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2018 10:21

Evans was very poor last season. His passing was dreadful. It says something that no Championship team has come in for him. We are struggling to offload the deadwood like him, Van Den Berg and Edwards.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2018 14:27

DOYLERSAROYALER Maybe the rumoured tightness with transfer money is as such that until and if Evans is sold..then no progress can be made on another striker....

....the one that was expected to be signed and in time to join the squad in Austria...

Could be wrong and it could just be inability of our DoF to get it over the line...no surprises that hes got plenty of crap deals over the line though!

Seeings how were only going to see a few hundred thousand for him and he won’t be on huge wages I’d oxf*rd hope not.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Jul 2018 15:48

Well they certainly didnt appear to want to spend much on their pursuit of Mcnulty..creeping up from the initial £500k to get it over the line eventually...

..just dont believe there is much finance available given all the free signings made and the drawn out McNulty transfer..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2018 18:05

DOYLERSAROYALER Well they certainly didnt appear to want to spend much on their pursuit of Mcnulty..creeping up from the initial £500k to get it over the line eventually...

..just dont believe there is much finance available given all the free signings made and the drawn out McNulty transfer..

Why would we pay any more than the minimum required to sign a player?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Jul 2018 19:28

Snowflake Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER Well they certainly didnt appear to want to spend much on their pursuit of Mcnulty..creeping up from the initial £500k to get it over the line eventually...

We were nowhere near the minimum ..our bid IIRC was £500k upped to £600k...the offer finally accepted was c£1m...so the first bid must have been a "taking the pxss" one...much like people have been saying on here about c£250k bid for Evans...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2018 19:32

DOYLERSAROYALER
Snowflake Royal

We were nowhere near the minimum ..our 2nd bid IIRC was £500k...the offer accepted was c£1m...so the first bid must have been a "taking the pxss" one...much like people have been saying on here about c£250k bid for Evans...

It's called negotiating. You bid under the asking price, then both parties move toward each other until the reach a mutually agreeable price or the deal doesn't go ahead. We got him didn't we.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2018 19:52

Snowflake Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER
Snowflake Royal

We were nowhere near the minimum ..our 2nd bid IIRC was £500k...the offer accepted was c£1m...so the first bid must have been a "taking the pxss" one...much like people have been saying on here about c£250k bid for Evans...

It's called negotiating. You bid under the asking price, then both parties move toward each other until the reach a mutually agreeable price or the deal doesn't go ahead. We got him didn't we.

Not too patronising at all.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2018 20:59

Sounds like this deal might be off. Guessing he doesn’t want to go to Sunderland and wants to stay in the champ

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 22 Jul 2018 22:27

TBF what footballer would like to sign for Sunderland. Absolute basket case of a club. Makes us look like a paragon of stability :|

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: George Evans

by royalp-we » 23 Jul 2018 08:47

John Smith
royalp-we Seriously people THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HIM TO BLOODY AUSTRIA IF TALKS ARE TAKING PLACE.

All the people claiming a fee is agreed. Its nonsense :lol: Sunderland may have approached us; but for the figures being quoted we could loan him out for that amount :lol:

Do you feel a bit stupid? Because you certainly look it.

Funny that, the local rags are now reporting that personal terms couldn't be agreed and the deal is off. Believe what you like.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jul 2018 09:17

royalp-we
John Smith
royalp-we Seriously people THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN HIM TO BLOODY AUSTRIA IF TALKS ARE TAKING PLACE.

All the people claiming a fee is agreed. Its nonsense :lol: Sunderland may have approached us; but for the figures being quoted we could loan him out for that amount :lol:

Do you feel a bit stupid? Because you certainly look it.

Funny that, the local rags are now reporting that personal terms couldn't be agreed and the deal is off. Believe what you like.

But you said talks weren't taking place and a fee wasn't agreed. They were.

Crotts

by Crotts » 23 Jul 2018 14:31

The first game I saw Evans play for us, I thought that he had good passing skills but his mobility was extremely limited for a young player. I hoped that this lack of mobility might be due to not being match fit. However nothing has changed since that first match. He plays like he has lead in his boots and I doubt he will ever change.
I cannot see Clement using him much as he likes busy players so if he stays he would be warming the bench at best. He needs to be moved on to another club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2018 14:58

Crotts The first game I saw Evans play for us, I thought that he had good passing skills but his mobility was extremely limited for a young player. I hoped that this lack of mobility might be due to not being match fit. However nothing has changed since that first match. He plays like he has lead in his boots and I doubt he will ever change.
I cannot see Clement using him much as he likes busy players so if he stays he would be warming the bench at best. He needs to be moved on to another club.

Excellent and accurate post.

Please have a biscuit.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2018 17:36

Supposedly off to Derby now. And if that happens I think we all know what to expect in the opening game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 17:38

I hope they do sign him. Not good enough for this division

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 24 Jul 2018 00:11

genome
royalp-we
John Smith Do you feel a bit stupid? Because you certainly look it.

Youre statung that as fact. I don't believe everything I read online and in the press m8.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2018 08:03

royalp-we
genome
royalp-we

Youre statung that as fact. I don't believe everything I read online and in the press m8.

Are you saying you do not believe the Reading Chronicle?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2018 08:19

royalp-we
genome
royalp-we

The press? No.

But Sunderland’s owner said himself that we had accepted a bid.

153 posts