Summer Transfers

567 posts
LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: Summer Transfers

by LWJ » 07 Aug 2018 13:03

Old Man Andrews Ah you must have dared to criticise him slightly. He is such a precious little thing.

I tweeted him this:
11 Mar 2017
Outstanding performance lads. 14 away games on the bounce and I won't make it 15. @gmccleary12 @Chrisgunter16 @pmacca15 #nofight #readingfc

After our drumming up at Preston in the play off season. I then sent these follow up tweets afterwards:
13 Mar 2017
Replying to @gmccleary12 and 2 others
I lied. Il be there.
17 Mar 2017
I know you don't care lads but I'm so oxf*rd glad I did. @JohnSwift8 @AliAlhabsi

Precious is definitely the best description as I'm still not sure why he blocked me for that. Especially as it was a few weeks later. :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Aug 2018 14:09

I found my last tweet to McCleary and I can see why he would have blocked me but I think he must be pretty precious to have done so.

@Stephen_Noakes
8 Apr 2017

Replying to @gmccleary12
It won't happen again? It's already happened several times this season already.

That would have been after the 7-1 defeat to Norwich and while I can't see his tweet I imagine it was one of those generic, "Poor performance away from home, won't happen again" tweets.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Aug 2018 14:14

LWJ
Old Man Andrews Ah you must have dared to criticise him slightly. He is such a precious little thing.

I tweeted him this:
11 Mar 2017
Outstanding performance lads. 14 away games on the bounce and I won't make it 15. @gmccleary12 @Chrisgunter16 @pmacca15 #nofight #readingfc

After our drumming up at Preston in the play off season. I then sent these follow up tweets afterwards:
13 Mar 2017
I lied. Il be there.
17 Mar 2017
I know you don't care lads but I'm so oxf*rd glad I did. @JohnSwift8 @AliAlhabsi

Precious is definitely the best description as I'm still not sure why he blocked me for that. Especially as it was a few weeks later. :lol:

I guess blocking is the nearest thing to a frustrated "Oh oxf*rd off" as they are allowed on twitter. Which isn't necessarily about just that particular tweet, but all of the tweets, and everything else going on.

Blocking has always seemed idiotic to me, you'd get the same effect if you muted rather than blocked, and the person you muted wouldn't even know, so wouldn't be aware they'd got a reaction (I'm pretty sure some twidiots tweet stuff just to get blocked, so that they can then boast about being blocked)
But then, if I was a footballer, I would not have a public twitter account. Couldn't be arsed having to deal with all that shite.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 07 Aug 2018 16:57

Reading that Maddison is now supposedly a 2 horse race between Leeds and WBA...will be a good buy for whichever of these two get him...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Aug 2018 08:46

DOYLERSAROYALER Reading that Maddison is now supposedly a 2 horse race between Leeds and WBA...will be a good buy for whichever of these two get him...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/07/derby-county-fans-react-on-twitter-to-links-with-peterborough-un/

Derby now maybe with Vydra off

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 08 Aug 2018 09:36

Not even Spaculation. just good players that I hope we would be looking at.

Burnley have a glut of strikers/ attack minded players, whichever one comes up on loan we should be looking at. (Walters, Barnes, Wells)
Also I am surprised no one has gone for Akins of Burton yet he was there best player by far last year and can play Wing/AM/Wing back. at 29 he would not have a hefty price tag and could be a real coup. seems to be a real team player aswell.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Aug 2018 11:24

linkenholtroyal Not even Spaculation. just good players that I hope we would be looking at.

Burnley have a glut of strikers/ attack minded players, whichever one comes up on loan we should be looking at. (Walters, Barnes, Wells)
Also I am surprised no one has gone for Akins of Burton yet he was there best player by far last year and can play Wing/AM/Wing back. at 29 he would not have a hefty price tag and could be a real coup. seems to be a real team player aswell.

I was thinking of Harry Arter from Bournemouth (to drive the midfield) and Nathan Dyer (to give us a two-winger attack) from Swansea but then remembered that we still have moderate/injured players on our books such as Edwards, Popa, Harriot ,Blackett and Meite so to use a Sir Stevism we might "go with what we have got" which regrettably IMHO is no great improvement on last season (assuming Moore goes somewhere).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Aug 2018 12:04

Went to watch Swindon play Chelsea U21's in the EFL Trophy last night. (Chelsea won 4-0). Would be happy to have a fair few number of them on loan. Passing was quick and incisive. All of them appeared to possess pace. Apparently were about 25-30 scouts/managers in attendance as well. Playing style is based on Man City's. Enjoyable to watch.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2018 13:41

Lower West Went to watch Swindon play Chelsea U21's in the EFL Trophy last night. (Chelsea won 4-0). Would be happy to have a fair few number of them on loan. Passing was quick and incisive. All of them appeared to possess pace. Apparently were about 25-30 scouts/managers in attendance as well. Playing style is based on Man City's. Enjoyable to watch.

Fair enough.

What were the Chelsea youngsters like?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Aug 2018 13:53

CountryRoyal
Lower West Went to watch Swindon play Chelsea U21's in the EFL Trophy last night. (Chelsea won 4-0). Would be happy to have a fair few number of them on loan. Passing was quick and incisive. All of them appeared to possess pace. Apparently were about 25-30 scouts/managers in attendance as well. Playing style is based on Man City's. Enjoyable to watch.

Fair enough.

:)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2018 14:32

raised a smile that CR, well done :)

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 08 Aug 2018 15:08

Watching SSN just now and they were going through Brightons transfer deals in and out over the summer and they were showing £5m fee for Baldock!!...surely not?? ...if so then we should definitely hold out for the full £15m for Moore

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2018 15:11

DOYLERSAROYALER Watching SSN just now and they were going through Brightons transfer deals in and out over the summer and they were showing £5m fee for Baldock!!...surely not?? ...if so then we should definitely hold out for the full £15m for Moore

Think it has been discussed on here already. Fee is 2.5m upfront. Rest is add-ons, unless we get promoted, I doubt we will ever pay 5m.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Aug 2018 18:37

CountryRoyal

Fair enough.

Better than our home grown talent. Reckon they could give us a good game :shock:

As for Swindon going to be a long season.........

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2018 18:42

See hugill has gone to middlesboro

Suits Pulis perfectly that. Shame as I’d like to have seen him here but always unlikely to happen

Not heard a whisper on Moore going anywhere for weeks now. Did him and his agent just drop a massive bollok with that whole transfer request?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Aug 2018 19:47

Hound Not heard a whisper on Moore going anywhere for weeks now. Did him and his agent just drop a massive bollok with that whole transfer request?

BHA appear not be offering enough money for any of their targets.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 14:30

Apparently a medical underway at Hogwood. Either Fulton or Hause I would imagine.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 14:45

courtney Friday believes its Maddison...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 14:56

WoodleyRoyal courtney Friday believes its Maddison...

Fake account posted that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 14:57

Stranded
WoodleyRoyal courtney Friday believes its Maddison...

Fake account posted that.

some Chinese dude is also saying it him now

567 posts