Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 10:49

DEADLINE DAY BINGO

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 10:50

windermereROYAL Wondering if Moore will throw a tantrum if he stays?

I'd be really surprised tbh. Seems like a level headed professional, wanted to move to progress his career, if that doesn't happen now it's still in his best interest to perform at the best level he can, for both himself and for us.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Aug 2018 10:55

windermereROYAL Wondering if Moore will throw a tantrum if he stays?

i don't think so - he's still young and still good. If he plays better this season he will move to a bigger (sorry didn't mean bigger as that's not possible) better club than Brighton...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2018 11:05

the whole timing of the request seemed poor. Just before the last friendly of the season, and when Brighton's interest had from the outside looked like it had cooled.

I'm sure he'd get over it pretty quickly if it doesn't happen and not sulk. He is after all on a long contract and knows the club were well within their rights to refuse offers for him

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2018 11:10

Hound the whole timing of the request seemed poor. Just before the last friendly of the season, and when Brighton's interest had from the outside looked like it had cooled.

I'm sure he'd get over it pretty quickly if it doesn't happen and not sulk. He is after all on a long contract and knows the club were well within their rights to refuse offers for him

His agent no doubt told him if he handed in a request, Brighton would think they could probably get the upper hand in negotiations. Unsettled player+headache for current club= stronger position for Brighton?

That's my thinking anyway.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 09 Aug 2018 11:24

Tilehurstsouthbank His agent no doubt told him if he handed in a request, Brighton would think they could probably get the upper hand in negotiations. Unsettled player+headache for current club= stronger position for Brighton?

On that front, the agent presumably cuts a tidy fee when he negotiates a four year deal extension between his client and the club. Does he then forego part/all of that fee if he then negotiates a move away mid contract?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 11:30

The Reverend
Tilehurstsouthbank His agent no doubt told him if he handed in a request, Brighton would think they could probably get the upper hand in negotiations. Unsettled player+headache for current club= stronger position for Brighton?

On that front, the agent presumably cuts a tidy fee when he negotiates a four year deal extension between his client and the club. Does he then forego part/all of that fee if he then negotiates a move away mid contract?

How could he if it was already theoretically paid? As I assume that agents are paid when the contract is signed rather than when it is due to run out.

Either way would pale in comparison to his percentage from a £10m+ transfer fee to Brighton.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 11:35

Brighton on the verge of signing Dan Burn from Wigan.

Think we might be in the clear *knocks on wood*

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2018 11:39

genome Brighton on the verge of signing Dan Burn from Wigan.

Why would you not want a huge chunk of money for a player who doesn't want to be here? We can replace him with a very cheap and capable loan signing in Hause and invest that money in the midfield where we desperately need improvement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2018 11:42

Old Man Andrews

Why would you not want a huge chunk of money for a player who doesn't want to be here? We can replace him with a very cheap and capable loan signing in Hause and invest that money in the midfield where we desperately need improvement.

And I get the feeling Brighton no longer want to pay it.

I'm all for Hause, the idea of Moore, Ilori and Hause as a back 3 (or 3 of the 2 in a back 4) makes me slightly more excited than it should do.

But it'd be at the expense of McShane rather than Moore

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 11:43

Old Man Andrews

Clubs need to offer that chunk of money first. We can't sell him if noone meets our asking price, and I respect the club for not bending over and taking less money.

And if he stays, I presume he'll want to work his arse off until January which can only be good for us.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 09 Aug 2018 11:55

The Reverend The guy that runs the Sainsburys local at the end of my road put in for an assistant manager job at Savacentre. He didn't get it.

There's no way I'm shopping in there again 'til he's gone. The dirty rat.

Did he specifically go to his boss and state that he wanted to leave / no longer wanted to be there? - and in the process rule himself out of working for his current employer until the situation was revolved? Leaving his team worse off?

Behave.

If he does end up staying, it'll be a for another window or so at best. What's the point in planning for a future with him?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 12:01

Him wanting to go to the premier league isn’t quite the same as him not wanting to play for us.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Aug 2018 12:07

CountryRoyal Him wanting to go to the premier league isn’t quite the same as him not wanting to play for us.

Exactly and he has aspirations, ambition and wants to play the best football he can

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Aug 2018 12:14

what's the 'hungry' cut off line? is he too old for that description now?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Aug 2018 12:19

Winston Biscuit what's the 'hungry' cut off line? is he too old for that description now?

I don't think there is a cut off line

Even towards his retirement he can still be "hungry" to play or to do as best as he can. It doesn't mean just going up or to a better league, it's just playing to your best

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Aug 2018 12:20

bobby1413
Winston Biscuit what's the 'hungry' cut off line? is he too old for that description now?

Even towards his retirement he can still be "hungry" to play or to do as best as he can. It doesn't mean just going up or to a better league, it's just playing to your best

not so sure. I feel 22 is the hungry cut off. below that and everyone is hungry, above and only some are depending on the circumstance.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2018 12:35

Winston Biscuit
bobby1413

not so sure. I feel 22 is the hungry cut off. below that and everyone is hungry, above and only some are depending on the circumstance.

Think you're getting muddled up with potential..

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 09 Aug 2018 12:38

Looks like Brighton have gone for dan burn of Wigan for 5 million. SSN sauce

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 09 Aug 2018 12:44

linkenholtroyal Looks like Brighton have gone for dan burn of Wigan for 5 million. SSN sauce

And being loaned straight back to them for the rest of the season

489 posts