Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Aug 2018 14:39

Fair play to Moore. Our best defender by some distance, wanted the move that anyone in his position would, asked to leave, was told no, so says he is staying and will work hard to get in the team.

can't see anything at all wrong with that tbh. It's pretty much how football should work.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 09 Aug 2018 14:39

Old Man Andrews What else was he going to say? Like he actually wrote any of that shit.

I can forgive that spelling and grammar from a professional footballer but if that's the PR department I'd want heads to roll.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2018 14:43

Another bonus from Moores statement is it suggests that the owners motivation for the club does not evolve around money. Which must breathe confidence to everyone around the club.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Aug 2018 14:44

andrew1957
bobby1413 Quite unsure about how motivated he will be and how keen to perform. I'm sure he'll be giving it some effort, but if he's effectively being forced to stay (that's exactly what is happening), then will he really be 100% motivated and giving it his all?

Either way, I'm glad he is staying and I hope he has a decent season

Very much doubt that motivation will be an issue. If Moore wants to be a PL player he has to keep playing well to get noticed - or he has to do it with us.

Yep. He will want a move in January if we are nowhere the promotion picture. At least he has said he is happy to stay for now so will support his return to the side. Difficult for Clement. Does he drop McShane straight away and bring Moore back in?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Aug 2018 15:08

Zip
andrew1957
bobby1413 Quite unsure about how motivated he will be and how keen to perform. I'm sure he'll be giving it some effort, but if he's effectively being forced to stay (that's exactly what is happening), then will he really be 100% motivated and giving it his all?

Very much doubt that motivation will be an issue. If Moore wants to be a PL player he has to keep playing well to get noticed - or he has to do it with us.

Yep. He will want a move in January if we are nowhere the promotion picture. At least he has said he is happy to stay for now so will support his return to the side. Difficult for Clement. Does he drop McShane straight away and bring Moore back in?

Does he need to win football matches? We needs to play his best players.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Aug 2018 15:20

andrew1957 All credit to the Chinese owners. At least now all the spaculation about Moore leaving can stop.

With some of our fans it was definitely Spaculation... :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2018 15:21

Zip
andrew1957

that really shouldn't be difficult for Clement at all.

I do fear he'll drop Ilori instead. hopefully not.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2018 15:24

Hound
Zip
andrew1957

Think he will drop McShane ultimately. Initially you're right I think it will be Illori but McShane is definitely going to get found out fairly soon.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Aug 2018 15:26

Hound
Zip
andrew1957

That would be the kop out decision. Ilori and Moore should be our centre back partnership. I presume McShane is still captain.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2018 15:29

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Zip

Think he will drop McShane ultimately. Initially you're right I think it will be Illori but McShane is definitely going to get found out fairly soon.

Preferably McShane as I think he is past his best. Surely he wont drop any of them straight away. Give it a couple of games at most though. Unless we are on a decent run which he might come on as a sub to see out the game.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Aug 2018 15:30

If he wants to play in the PL then moving to Brighton was not a good option. He would have never been a regular starter there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 16:50

CountryRoyal I don't see Moore going to be honest, but certainly not for anything less than £8-10m.

Called it in May. 8)

As far as any discontent goes toward Moore I don’t really understand. He wrote a personal message which he didn’t have to do and went someway to explain his position. I have every confidence that he will push on and continue to put in solid performances.

Certainly no hard feelings towards him in any capacity and we’re much better off with him in the team. Happy days.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Aug 2018 16:53

Elm Park Kid If he wants to play in the PL then moving to Brighton was not a good option. He would have never been a regular starter there.

Agree - he would have been 4th choice. The Dunk/Duffey partnership is well established over 2 seasons and probably the main reason BHA stayed up comfortably.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 09 Aug 2018 17:18

Mid Sussex Royal
Elm Park Kid If he wants to play in the PL then moving to Brighton was not a good option. He would have never been a regular starter there.

Agree - he would have been 4th choice. The Dunk/Duffey partnership is well established over 2 seasons and probably the main reason BHA stayed up comfortably.

Which begs the question, how little regard does he hold Reading in if he fancies going to Brighton to be in all likelihood a 3rd / 4th choice center back.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 17:22

royal_rumble
Mid Sussex Royal

Which begs the question, how little regard does he hold Reading in if he fancies going to Brighton to be in all likelihood a 3rd / 4th choice center back.

No, it really doesn’t. You guys in are in cloud cuckoo land. His thinking I have no doubt would be that he would be able to impress and fight his way into the starting line up worst case scenario taking advantage of an injury or suspension.

He’d have more chance of playing in the premier league like that than he would with us for the foreseeable future.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 09 Aug 2018 17:25

He is dead to me.

He'll probably ask for loloyalty bonus next.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2018 17:46

Great news on Moore. I have no concerns about his effort unless we're rooted at the bottom in which case it's a moot point.

Can't blame him for trying. He's now just got to put in the performances to get there with us or increase his value to really test the owners' resolve.
The smart move from Clement would be to bench him v Forest and play him alongside Blackett v Brum. Then pick for the next League game based on merit from all four CBs based on the first three games.

Don't think Hause is a goer or necessary now unless we shift Blackett or play 3 CBs.

Anyone who has an issue with Moore over this and who isn't happy he's staying is just being childish IMO.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2018 17:47

The tone is fairly similar to some of the twitter exchanges he had with Leicester fans before he came here. Fairly open, honest and respectful about his intentions. I think also, after some of the criticism thrown their way, it's good to see the owners get personally involved with this.

I think he's trying to not make a big deal out if it. Bottom line, the best way for him to engineer a move is to play out of his skin for the next 4 months+ and that will benefit everyone in the long term.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 09 Aug 2018 17:50

My tuppence is that is a balanced, well reasoned bit of spin - and full marks if Moore came up with that himself (apart from the grammar, spelling and punctuation.)

The really interesting point is: SOMEONE HAS ACTUALLY SPOKEN TO THE OWNERS.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Aug 2018 17:53

Moore is an absolute star. The ultimate professional.

Good on you Moore for being happy to stay on and continue to shine for us. You will get your dream. You will play in the Premier League. We would all love it if you can achieve that with the Royals. Now, lets smash Forest on Saturday and after a very promising start at home to Derby confidence will be sky high.

489 posts