Forest (A) match thread

126 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Forest (A) match thread

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2018 17:10

Ascotexgunner
ILoveMoonPig Usual problem. Doing ok until we concede, then it's pretty much game over.

Nearly all the managers in the championship seem to have a plan B or are able to have a plan to give it a go.........Sadly ours doesn't.

You mean apart from playing two different shapes in the two games and bringing on strikers from the bench to try to get goals?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 11 Aug 2018 17:10

Much, much better than last season - both Derby and Forest BUT.... when will we buy a striker?

Bod's touch is so poor, Meite is just a big unit nuisance, McNulty is a midget who looked well off the pace, Baldock - was he even on the pitch?

Thought McShane on the whole did well but would still prefer Moore. Ilori is coming into his own, and Yiadom is heaps better than Gunter.

Kelly looked decent and Meyler, too, until he ran out of gas.

Richards - oh dear.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Aug 2018 17:12

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal You mean, if Ilori were to be injured we'd have McShane and Blackett at centreback and Richards at left back, surely?

Nope. Why have a centre back on the bench and not play him if another centre back goes off injured. Does Clement see Blackett as a possible centre back? Not convinced he does

Because the centreback you're playing at left back and the left back on the bench are closer to your first team plans, fairly obviously.

We will see won’t we. Blackett is in the side now but won’t be when Obita is fit. As neither centre back went off injured we don’t know the answer. As I say I dont believe Clement sees Blackett as a centre back.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Aug 2018 17:13

Love the differences of opinion :)

Think I’ll be watching the next 3 games so good chance to get my own view on how things are shaping

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Aug 2018 17:14

ILoveMoonPig Usual problem. Doing ok until we concede, then it's pretty much game over.

Actually had a real go after conceding today. Worked hard, didn't deserve to lose, and ref gave us nothing. McShane and Ilori did well today.

Just need a striker and a creative midfielder :wink:

Big game next Sat against Bolton (who are undefeated).

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Aug 2018 17:14

Royal_jimmy That was a poor game. We have next to no quality at the top of the pitch whatsoever. Bodvarsson is useless.

Forest were average and took their only real chance.

The voice of reason......I'm sick of hearing "we played better", " there's an improvement"......WE F*CKING LOST AGAIN!!!!!!!
We are bottom, create f+ck all and when we do get the odd chance we seem incapable of finishing. There is no improvement......Derby's first 45 was awful and they still beat us.......that says it all.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Aug 2018 17:18

Dick Habbin's hairdo Much, much better than last season - both Derby and Forest BUT.... when will we buy a striker?

Bod's touch is so poor, Meite is just a big unit nuisance, McNulty is a midget who looked well off the pace, Baldock - was he even on the pitch?

Thought McShane on the whole did well but would still prefer Moore. Ilori is coming into his own, and Yiadom is heaps better than Gunter.

Kelly looked decent and Meyler, too, until he ran out of gas.

Richards - oh dear.

Bod should be on the bench and not starting games. This result had a certain inevitability about it. We cannot keep a clean sheet and don’t score enough goals. Two very narrow defeats but losses all the same. When Forest scored I knew it was game over.
We do not have a proven goal scorer at this level and that could really hurt us.
Early days but we really do need a win to stop this losing mentality which has been present since December.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Aug 2018 17:18

Deffo need to look in the loan market for some goal threat.

It’s one thing performing well, but if we’re not putting away our chances then we won’t win games. Having said that, I’m not hugely concerned about us. We’ve had a tough start against two promotion contenders, played well in both games, and have been unlucky to lose them.

If we start losing games against the weaker sides then I will be concerned.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Aug 2018 17:19

Ascotexgunner
Royal_jimmy That was a poor game. We have next to no quality at the top of the pitch whatsoever. Bodvarsson is useless.

The voice of reason......I'm sick of hearing "we played better", " there's an improvement"......WE F*CKING LOST AGAIN!!!!!!!
We are bottom, create f+ck all and when we do get the odd chance we seem incapable of finishing. There is no improvement......Derby's first 45 was awful and they still beat us.......that says it all.

Take a chill pill sweetie.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Aug 2018 17:25

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

Take a chill pill sweetie.

There's a G and T on the way...that might help

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Aug 2018 17:38

0 and 2

CLEMENT OUT

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Aug 2018 17:43

BR0B0T 0 and 2

CLEMENT OUT

Piss off you cabbage.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Aug 2018 17:48

Hound
Season really starts next weekend for me, need to start picking up some wins

Tuesday night. A win would get the season going.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Aug 2018 17:50

Just seen highlights - really poor goal to concede.
Teams that give away goals like that are always going to struggle.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 17:52

Listening to BBC Radio Berkshire as I popped out t'shop and there seems to be a lot of positivity despite result(s) - many saying the performance is far better than last year. Acknowledgement that we haven't got points on the board yet though.

I'd be far more worried if people were saying our performance was just like last year, but it does sound like the team are offering more.

elrey

by elrey » 11 Aug 2018 17:56

Better than losing week in, week out appears to be losing week in, week out. Same difference.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Aug 2018 17:58

Twenty thousand knees, twenty-thousand jerks

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Aug 2018 18:09

BR0B0T 0 and 2

CLEMENT OUT

Bit of a pattern though.......Fudged his way to keeping Swansea in the PL....Started the season there with 11 losses in 13 with 4 points and is sacked.....Swansea didn't recover and go down...........
And let's be honest, he won't bring a striker in on loan because he's gonna look a bit stupid having had all summer to find one. McNulty is probably decent but not the way this team is set up to play, and Baldock started just 4 times last season....hard to believe that the third game of the season is now so big now.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 11 Aug 2018 18:21

The irony that the day after the transfer window is we clearly need a few more players, but who's going to want to join our slow boat to nowhere ?

The lack of decent striker/s will really hurt us this season I fear . Bod works his socks off but it's clear to see he's not a finisher and would do well in division 2.

Going to be a long hard season .

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Aug 2018 18:24

Not a fan of Clement at all, I'll support him and back him but I just can't imagine him taking this team anywhere - especially not promotion or play offs

I admit that sounds negative, I'm not trying to be like that, just doesn't inspire me at all

126 posts