12%
Ian Royal
12%

Total votes: 139
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Clement

by maffff » 02 Sep 2018 15:29

This didn't go down too well when I did it at the end of July, so let's try again. In or out.

Davezk

Re: Clement

by Davezk » 02 Sep 2018 15:31

Keep until Christmas and see where we are. If in relegation zone, new manager in with a Jan transfer window to try and resolve the problems.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Sep 2018 15:33

Davezk Keep until Christmas and see where we are. If in relegation zone, new manager in with a Jan transfer window to try and resolve the problems.

Wait until we're dead and buried, great idea. A new person could start evaluating throughout the entire club incl academy and working on transfer plans now y'know. Changing a week before the window is a bit.... pointless?

Davezk

by Davezk » 02 Sep 2018 15:35

maffff
Davezk Keep until Christmas and see where we are. If in relegation zone, new manager in with a Jan transfer window to try and resolve the problems.

Wait until we're dead and buried, great idea. A new person could start evaluating throughout the entire club incl academy and working on transfer plans now y'know. Changing a week before the window is a bit.... pointless?

No team is dead and buried at christmas in this league. I thought someone of your footballing insight would know that.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 02 Sep 2018 15:36

Haven't especially warmed to him, but can't see what good getting rid of him will do right now. And if we do sack him, who is going to want to take the job? If we're bottom in December, maybe he will have to go as a Hail Mary, giving whoever comes in at least some chance of changing the squad in January.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2018 15:40

It`s repetitive theme isn't it, we`ve heard it all before Adkins OUT. Clarke OUT. Stam OUT, and now Clement OUT. (like the cap lock is going to make a difference)
It`s really done us a would of difference when the others have been shown the door hasn`t it?
17th 19th 3rd and 20th.
Why do people think sacking the manager is always the answer?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Sep 2018 15:44

Don't like Clement, never have, and thought it was a stupid, ridiculous appointment.

However, Clement In for me. What good does sacking do? None. Just starts the whole circus off again.

Everything that is being said about Clement was said about Stam, about Clarke, Adkins, McDermott. It's the same old sh*te.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Sep 2018 15:45

In for now.....

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Sep 2018 16:29

:lol: this is embarrassing

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2018 16:32

Jagermesiter1871 :lol: this is embarrassing

If you see this idiot on twitter you will know he`s got previous.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2018 16:42

As I stated on another thread, we should keep him but be actively looking for an interviewing potential replacements right now.

We do not want to be in a position in 4 or 5 games time where we are still winless and have nobody lined up to take over.

We need to be prepared. The owners need to step up and vet the candidates properly so Ron doesn't muck it all up by giving it to an old pal of his. A third party consultant to look over the candidates our footballing directors are suggesting would be sensible given our current predicament.

If, in between now and the next international break our results have stayed the same and our performances have not improved it's time for a shakeup. No point waiting till Christmas if Clement is still not producing.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Sep 2018 17:01

I really like Clement (more than Stam anyway) but this is a results business. Think he will be sacked if we don't get a win this month.

Hope he turns it around as he's an honest bloke who cares about the club.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Sep 2018 17:36

Royal_jimmy I really like Clement (more than Stam anyway). He's an honest bloke who cares about the club.

Is he? Does he? Derby fans would certainly differ on that first assertion. I've seen no evidence he's more honest than Stam. I'm also unaware he cares about our club. He has no loyalty or allegiance here. For all I know, he could be thinking 'I'll do my 2 years here and get the heck out'. He's never stayed anywhere very long.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 02 Sep 2018 17:38

Davezk
maffff

No team is dead and buried at christmas in this league. I thought someone of your footballing insight would know that.

Like Plymouth last season

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Sep 2018 17:43

Denver Royal
Royal_jimmy I really like Clement (more than Stam anyway). He's an honest bloke who cares about the club.

Is he? Does he? Derby fans would certainly differ on that first assertion. I've seen no evidence he's more honest than Stam. I'm also unaware he cares about our club. He has no loyalty or allegiance here. For all I know, he could be thinking 'I'll do my 2 years here and get the heck out'. He's never stayed anywhere very long.

The only time Stam was honest was when he showed his utter contempt for the club and it's fans.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Sep 2018 17:50

I was thinking of starting a similar poll but decided it would just be kneejerk bullshit. Performances have improved a little and there's every chance things will pick up.

Having said that it's not surprising the question is being asked given he's had a few games at the end of last season, which were unconvincing but did he job in that he was less shit than Stam would be. He has then had the whole of the summer to build up a style of playing and decent signings, which he has sadly failed to do (except Yiadom) resulting in one of the worst starts in decades and probably one of the worst preseason a in decades too (just a guess). I've seen nothing last season, the summer, the preseason or now to suggest anything at all.

Whilst I won't call for his head I don't think I need to. He'll plonk along for a little while getting shitty results for a few more games and the inevitable will happen just before Christmas I guess. Who knows Ezatolahi may be some inspirational tough tackling midfielder (he did fantastic against Spain and Portugal in the WC although aid much rather see Ebrahimi here, he was immense) but I think it's a big ask for a 21 year old completely new to the country and the league.

Clement will be gone before long.

st george

by st george » 02 Sep 2018 17:52

Jesús oxf*rd Christ. It's 6 oxf*rd games in. Get a grip. In by the way. :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Sep 2018 17:57

windermereROYAL It`s repetitive theme isn't it, we`ve heard it all before Adkins OUT. Clarke OUT. Stam OUT, and now Clement OUT. (like the cap lock is going to make a difference)
It`s really done us a would of difference when the others have been shown the door hasn`t it?
17th 19th 3rd and 20th.
Why do people think sacking the manager is always the answer?

This again....

Because sometimes it is. Sometimes a new manager just happens to gel better and bring a philosophy that fits that team. Like when we got McD in for Brenda. Or when Clement's honeymoon period kept us in the Champ. It's not always the answer but sometimes it is so sometimes people suggest it.

One thing that's certainly not the answer is watching as they continue to implode. Brenda and Stam would have very likely taken us down had we stuck with them. Yeah a new man won't make us the next Liverpool but he may just stop the rot.

I'm not necessarily Clement out btw. It's too early. Unless it's said in a funny accent.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 02 Sep 2018 18:25

Clement in for me. Sacking managers is what has got us in this mess.

Most of our issues have come down to stupid individual errors in my opinion. I'd just love to see a few players show that this run of form is hurting them at the moment.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 02 Sep 2018 18:47

If we sack Clement now, itll be like McDermott's first sacking - the manager being a fall guy for the failings of the other non-player staff. If any non-playing staff should be the first to go, its Tevreden. We need somebody at board level, or one level below, who has experience in building a squad in the Championship. Not similar experience, but this exact experience. We cant keep gambling in the transfer windows because we are a club who has no idea what the first XI is. Lets work on that first, and get the scouting/DOF in place who can deliver that. Relatively speaking, Clement is pretty blameless for our current predicament.We dont have 11 players to form a squad from. Replace him with our current set up, and we'll just be calling for the next manager's head in 6 months/1 years time.

880 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:48