The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Franchise FC » 14 Jul 2018 07:53

Winston Biscuit
Sanguine Weird episode this only in that at no point has he been 'sacked' or agreed to 'leave by mutual consent', or 'resigned'. It's just dragged on forever, Sarri is as good as confirmed on his way and now Conte has 'left the club'.

I heard a story a while back that Chelsea were essentially looking into having 2 managers as Conte wouldn't resign and they didn't want to sack him and give him a lump sum. It was speculated that they would have 1 official manager and one head coach, Conte would be asked not to report in for training or matches ever again and so would essentially leave but would not be able to take a job elsewhere

Any half-arsed employment lawyer would get him the full payout as soon as he's told not to attend the first training session.
Employment law still applies, even to football clubs

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 14 Jul 2018 09:31

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit
Sanguine Weird episode this only in that at no point has he been 'sacked' or agreed to 'leave by mutual consent', or 'resigned'. It's just dragged on forever, Sarri is as good as confirmed on his way and now Conte has 'left the club'.

I heard a story a while back that Chelsea were essentially looking into having 2 managers as Conte wouldn't resign and they didn't want to sack him and give him a lump sum. It was speculated that they would have 1 official manager and one head coach, Conte would be asked not to report in for training or matches ever again and so would essentially leave but would not be able to take a job elsewhere

Any half-arsed employment lawyer would get him the full payout as soon as he's told not to attend the first training session.
Employment law still applies, even to football clubs

Allegedly Conte was Real Madrid's first choice to replace Zidane. But due to the legal ramifications and wanting his full £9m pay off, it delayed the whole process thus Real opting for Lopetegui. The legal battle ensues because Chelsea are citing Conte was in breach of his contract and will use the Diego Costa saga as a prime example.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2018 11:27

You can feel the media already lining up the “who’s Sarri now” type headlines

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jul 2018 15:05

'Sarri seems to be the hardest Ferd'

^newspaper headline when Rio gets beat up by Sarri due to Sarri saying he was a member of the Ferdinand family and if anyone said he wasn't he would fight them.
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 14 Jul 2018 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jul 2018 15:07

'Sarri, you're not a winner'
Enter Shikari

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Aug 2018 18:27

Gary Bowyer has left Blackpool.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Aug 2018 12:35

How long will Steve McLaren last at QPR? They arne't just losing games, they are fcuking awful.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Aug 2018 12:47

Sanguine How long will Steve McLaren last at QPR? They arne't just losing games, they are fcuking awful.

oxf*rd funny isn't it? Why they would sack Holloway and bring that clown in is beyond me. Just an awful, awful manager. Ian Holloway is an arse but at least he knows how to manage a club on a tight budget and can get something out of younger players. He had a decent enough finish to last season too.

Oxford are another laughing stock. Beaten at home to Accrington last night.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Aug 2018 11:30

Nolan sacked from Notts County. 1 point from 5 games after making the play offs last year.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2018 14:57

Pepe the Horseman Nolan sacked from Notts County. 1 point from 5 games after making the play offs last year.

You're only as good as your last five games I guess.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Sep 2018 13:48

Green
Pepe the Horseman Nolan sacked from Notts County. 1 point from 5 games after making the play offs last year.

Thing is they were top in November (admittedly thanks to Nolan), and second in January, but won just 7 of their last 18 games. They should have gone up.

Harry Kewell the new boss.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Sep 2018 14:17

Sanguine
Green

Thing is they were top in November (admittedly thanks to Nolan), and second in January, but won just 7 of their last 18 games. They should have gone up.

Harry Kewell the new boss.

Given Kewell's record at Crawley wasn't amazing be interesting to see how he does with supposedly more resources.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Sep 2018 15:11

Green

if this was just a bit of data, I'd think nothing of it and just assume it's mean reversion. Adding up all the performances prolly gives a better idea of how good a team is. They may have outperformed for 5 games in a row last season (for example)...it's difficult to assess.

I don't know if anything else has changed btw (lost key players etc)

check out "Judgement under uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases", published in Science in 1974 by Kahneman and Tversky
Last edited by BR0B0T on 06 Sep 2018 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2018 15:12

BR0B0T
Green

if this was just a bit of data, I'd think nothing of it and just assume it's mean reversion. Adding up all the performances prolly gives a better idea of how good a team is. I don't know if anything else has changed btw (lost key players etc)

check out "Judgement under uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases", published in Science in 1974 by Kahneman and Tversky

I read that on holiday funnily enough.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Sep 2018 15:14

Pepe the Horseman
BR0B0T
Green You're only as good as your last five games I guess.

if this was just a bit of data, I'd think nothing of it and just assume it's mean reversion. Adding up all the performances prolly gives a better idea of how good a team is. I don't know if anything else has changed btw (lost key players etc)

lads holiday or family?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2018 15:15

BR0B0T
Pepe the Horseman
BR0B0T

lads holiday or family?

Fam, fam x

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2018 10:55

BR0B0T
Green

if this was just a bit of data, I'd think nothing of it and just assume it's mean reversion. Adding up all the performances prolly gives a better idea of how good a team is. They may have outperformed for 5 games in a row last season (for example)...it's difficult to assess.

I don't know if anything else has changed btw (lost key players etc)

1974?

I guess some people are yet to learn what these chumps have already forgotten.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Oct 2018 16:31

Steve Bruce gets the boot from Villa. ha ha ha you giant headed misery

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2018 16:33

Cabbageg8

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 16:36

Hopefully they get Stam in and get relegated. My parents are Blues fans (boo).

8673 posts