Birmingham points deduction?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Birmingham points deduction?

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Sep 2018 22:46

Referred to a disciplinary commission after the EFL confirm their £2M signing of Kristian Pedersen happened when the club had already been put under a transfer embargo

Punishment could include a points deduction

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Birmingham points deduction?

by Zip » 07 Sep 2018 22:51

Winston Biscuit Referred to a disciplinary commission after the EFL confirm their £2M signing of Kristian Pedersen happened when the club had already been put under a transfer embargo

Punishment could include a points deduction

Yes read this today although it said the points deduction could be up to 12 points. A deduction would be useful!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2018 12:27

Yep, could be the difference between us finishing 24th and 23rd!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Sep 2018 19:27

what i don't get is, don't the football league have to ratify the transfer? why did they approve it for a team on an embargo :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Sep 2018 20:41

Portsmouth, QPR and now Birmingham, wish I could think of a connection. :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2018 20:50

WoodleyRoyal what i don't get is, don't the football league have to ratify the transfer? why did they approve it for a team on an embargo :roll:

There was something reported at the time... I'm guessing to avoid disadvantaging the player and selling club when they'd done nothing wrong.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 09 Sep 2018 12:46

WoodleyRoyal what i don't get is, don't the football league have to ratify the transfer? why did they approve it for a team on an embargo :roll:

That is where I was baffled. Transferring a player is all about transfering which club he is registered to according to the authorities.

A player signs a registration document, the new club uploads it onto the online transfer system along with their own signed transfer doc, once they do that and the selling club have approved it in the system the EFL have to also approve it in the system for it to be complete.

How could Birminghams situation even have come about?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2018 09:32

Winston Biscuit

That is where I was baffled. Transferring a player is all about transfering which club he is registered to according to the authorities.

A player signs a registration document, the new club uploads it onto the online transfer system along with their own signed transfer doc, once they do that and the selling club have approved it in the system the EFL have to also approve it in the system for it to be complete.

How could Birminghams situation even have come about?

In short, Birmingham entered into an employment contract with Pedersen without the FL's knowledge and in breach of the business plan they were meant to follow. The FL took legal advice and were told they had very little choice but to allow him to be registered as a result of this contract, as the player could sue them for restraint of trade etc.

Understandably, the FL are pretty pissed with this, so would expect that they will look to hit the club with as much of a punishment as they can get away with.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Sep 2018 14:51

After QPR negotiated a reduced fine and no points deductions for their activities I wonder if the rumoured 12 points Is just going to be an opening gambit from the FL and that after legal negotiations Birmingham will just get a fine or a smaller points deduction and a fine or a suspended points deduction or some combination of that.

Doesn't it have to be all sorted and finalised by the end of this year though?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 10 Sep 2018 15:14

Yeah, looking forward to Birmingham getting a 1pt deduction and a £10K fine in the 2022-23 season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Nov 2018 12:18

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Nov 2018 18:57

Just enough time to establish how big a points deduction can be issued that will make fcuk all difference.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Brum Done?

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Mar 2019 16:35

Nobody much likes Villas Jack Grealish, but he didn’t deserve getting lamped from behind by a scrote pretending to be a Birmingham ‘fan’ (footage on any Sky based site).

With the so-called experts calling for points deductions (10?) amongst other things, this COULD drag Brum down into the peripherals of our ‘league of 6’ :lol:

Over to you FA

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brum Done?

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2019 20:53

Don’t think points deduction would be appropriate.
If it is then open season for people to run on and get points deducted from rivals.
Ground closure, massive fine more likely I would think. Given that apparently thousands of Blues fans applauded the attacker I’d think closing their main end and only allowing existing STH to attend 2or 3 games would be appropriate.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Mar 2019 21:02

Agree, but the FA have a fair bit of previous for in-appropriation.....in Birminghams case, here’s hoping.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2019 21:04

Aren’t they also facing a big FFP points deduction ?
Ipswich might not be 24th !

Needle

by Needle » 10 Mar 2019 21:37

Terrible business today but it reminded me of Charlie, the GOAT, which still makes me laugh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 08:16

A behind closed doors game with a suspended points deductions would be the way I think the FA will go here.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Mar 2019 08:36

Presumably any punishment given to Birmingham (and they should get one) will also be given to Arsenal?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 08:42

Sanguine Presumably any punishment given to Birmingham (and they should get one) will also be given to Arsenal?

Nope. The end results were different. A Birmingham supporter went on to the pitch to cause harm to an opposition player and did so. The level of stewarding/police was not sufficient to stop him and it is negligent on Birmingham's part. Don't forget they then had a steward nicked for assaulting Grealish after he'd scored too, they are in a whole world of trouble.
Of course you will now argue the Arsenal supporter COULD have done the same or worse which is correct but the severity of the end result of the Birmingham one will mean that their ultimate punishment is harsher. Arsenal will get a fine and Birmingham will get a behind closed doors game as a message to their fans for future derby games and a fine.