Total votes: 139
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clement

by John Smith » 06 Sep 2018 16:20

NewCorkSeth
John Smith
Old Man Andrews
Yeah because anything they produce is deeply scientific isn't it? They have their tongues so deep in Stam's arse that they will doctor the results to suit their narrative. They are as big of a joke as you are and that is saying something!

Just listened to their latest podcast - an absolute embarassment. The guy was trying to talk about what goes through a player's mind in certain game situations! As if he can read Gunter's mind from the stands! oxf*rd me.

We've found yet another who simply...has to go. Do they post on here?

When are you starting your podcast?

Never. Because I don't have any professional broadcasting experience. Probably the only thing I have in common with those clowns.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Sep 2018 16:28

John Smith
NewCorkSeth
John Smith Just listened to their latest podcast - an absolute embarassment. The guy was trying to talk about what goes through a player's mind in certain game situations! As if he can read Gunter's mind from the stands! oxf*rd me.

We've found yet another who simply...has to go. Do they post on here?

When are you starting your podcast?

Never. Because I don't have any professional broadcasting experience. Probably the only thing I have in common with those clowns.

Lol. I'd love to listen to you, OMA and double d discussing a game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2018 18:40

maffff There's a manager ratings poll on The Tilehurst End right now -

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/pl ... ssion=true

90% of your readers couldn't be less happy with Clement?

90% of your readers are dunces.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Sep 2018 18:55

NewCorkSeth
John Smith
NewCorkSeth When are you starting your podcast?

I'm not recording anything with Double D unless it is his execution.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Sep 2018 19:17

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
John Smith Never. Because I don't have any professional broadcasting experience. Probably the only thing I have in common with those clowns.

See! That's the kind of patter that would make it tolerable.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Sep 2018 20:12

Snowflake Royal

think the poll is fooked tbf...(as in it doesn't work properly)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2018 21:20

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
John Smith Never. Because I don't have any professional broadcasting experience. Probably the only thing I have in common with those clowns.

Would 100% tune in to this.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Sep 2018 21:53

BR0B0T
Snowflake Royal

think the poll is fooked tbf...(as in it doesn't work properly)

Been hacked by Russians - over 2000 anti-Clement votes between 6 and 6.30pm. Hmmm.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 11 Sep 2018 21:15

While the appointment of Clement might not have seen an immediate 'new manager bounce', some of the underlying xG numbers do in fact suggest he has had an impact at one end of the pitch at least. Since his appointment, we have managed to reverse the awful trend in the rolling average 'xG against' (orange) seen over the second half of last season until the end of Stam's tenure. By Stam's final 6 games the measure suggested we should have conceded 2 goals a game on average (we actually conceded 2.5 goals per game). The immediate impact of this steadying up saw 'xG for' (blue) also initially drop off, but it seems to be stable/slightly rising over the last 10 or so games. This at least suggests we are defensively stronger under Clement without sacrificing as much of our goal threat, albeit from a low base.

Sources - data from FiveThirtyEight.com, chart concept shamelessly ripped off from Statsbomb's season previews

The relationship between the two suggests that overall we should still expect to concede more than we score (assuming we actually start converting our chances/stop giving away stupid goals) - and thus expect to lose more than we win- but there are signs that Clement is not overseeing continuation of last seasons awful form. As a final positive shoot, the gap between the xG 'for' and 'against' rolling averages is now the narrowest it has been since the start of 2018.

I think stick with him for the next 6 games at least - if results haven't picked up by then its time to reevaluate.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2018 21:36

We really have been utter dogsh1t for quite a while haven’t we?

Didn’t actually realise we were as good as that suggests in the first 20 games last year though

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2018 21:46

Hound We really have been utter dogsh1t for quite a while haven’t we?

Didn’t actually realise we were as good as that suggests in the first 20 games last year though

Shakes head at how bad we are now. Just named what I reckon our starting 11 should be for Preston and it looks so stale. It’s only September, We have signed eight players and the options are threadbare.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2018 22:00

This lot need to play with tempo on Saturday. Please not more of the same turgid crap.
It would also help if they make sure any opposition players lurking at the back post for corners are frigging well marked.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 11 Sep 2018 22:42

After 23 games we were solidly mid table (14th) on 27 points - 1pt better off than xG suggested we should have been. We capped off that half season with the home loss to Burton. I'm not sure that is 'good' for a team who finished 3rd in the season before (albeit false third), but oh to be average/mid table right now!

In the second half we picked up a further 19 points, 6 (!) more than xG suggests we should have. We were very very lucky not to go down.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Sep 2018 22:59

Brain Traysers

After 23 games we were solidly mid table (14th) on 27 points - 1pt better off than xG suggested we should have been. We capped off that half season with the home loss to Burton. I'm not sure that is 'good' for a team who finished 3rd in the season before (albeit false third), but oh to be average/mid table right now!

In the second half we picked up a further 19 points, 6 (!) more than xG suggests we should have. We were very very lucky not to go down.

That Burton game was one of the worst I've been to for ages ... well up till that point. Since then there's been many others.

Do you think we'll avoid the drop this time?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2018 23:18

I remember against Villa and Fulham thinking we were looking like we would be shit hot promotion shoe-ins.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 11 Sep 2018 23:35

bobby1413 That Burton game was one of the worst I've been to for ages ... well up till that point. Since then there's been many others.

Do you think we'll avoid the drop this time?

I honestly think its too early to tell. Something could click and we could easily go on a run of games like Bolton have opened the season with - its clear to all we are completely devoid of confidence. The website I got the xG data from suggests we are now favorites to finish bottom, with 42% chance of relegation.

Its a much tougher league this year - good attacking teams came up from L1 and are having a go, while strong squads came down from the Prem without losing too many players. Bolton and/or Birmingham going into administration would certainly help us - but wouldn't solve the longer term issues. After 10-12 games or so if we are still struggling for goals and haven't cut out the silly mistakes I think it will be more likely than not that we go down. Our final 10 games look very tough too - we play the teams that the pre-season odds put as likely finishers in first (Stoke), second (WBrom), third (M'boro) and sixth (Leeds), with only one against a pre-season fellow relegation candidate (Hull).

Put another way, we have been 'lucky' for 1.5 seasons out of the last two (all of 2016/17 and second half of last season), and if we continue to be 'unlucky' this season, we will go down.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2018 07:13

Zip

Shakes head at how bad we are now. Just named what I reckon our starting 11 should be for Preston and it looks so stale. It’s only September, We have signed eight players and the options are threadbare.

Wouldn’t say we don’t have options - we have way too many of them

Just not especially good ones

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 12 Sep 2018 08:36

Hound
Zip

Wouldn’t say we don’t have options - we have way too many of them

Just not especially good ones

We have an uninspiring squad that no one fears. Players that **could** hurt teams have not turned up for 12 months. Instantly gives the opposition the boost and confidence of a win before a ball has been kicked. Players have let down the manager before, and it looks like their doing it again.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Sep 2018 09:21

How have we ended up with uninspiring squad that no one fears?

How, after several years and several managers are we now left wii 15-20 players who are all fairly uninspiring when put together?

I do think that uninspiring and poor performing players can turn it around. I'm just worried that often this is linked directly the manager really getting them going and filling them with belief.

It's funny. I can imagine Stam doing that but not Clement. Maybe that explains why we were 2 kicks from PL football at one stage with him in charge

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Sep 2018 09:50

It's because we never signed the players we really needed and wasted money on signing terrible players like Aluko ... !

880 posts