521 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Nations League & Friendlies

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Sep 2018 18:21

Zip
Sutekh Dressed up friendlies now, even with own theme song. :roll:

When do the proper games start?

I think there is some merit to this tournament. Four teams will qualify for the Euro 2020 Finals through it and it will also impact upon seedlings for the Euro group draw later this year. It’s far from perfect but a step in the right direction.

I'm warming to this tournament. I think its a great idea. Friendlies are so boring. Much better to dangle a carrot and make them competitive.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Sep 2018 18:30

Is the ref f+cking English? That was not a penalty. Again all caused by Gunter's ridicules pass putting Bale under pressure.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Sep 2018 19:28

Ascotexgunner Is the ref f+cking English? That was not a penalty. Again all caused by Gunter's ridicules pass putting Bale under pressure.

A very poor decision for the pen but Denmark deserved the win.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Sep 2018 20:21

Zip
Ascotexgunner Is the ref f+cking English? That was not a penalty. Again all caused by Gunter's ridicules pass putting Bale under pressure.

Disappointed with Giggs subs but we are moving in the right direction. We faded quite badly at the end. Still we have a win and its all to play for. I'm pleased with what he's doing.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Sep 2018 23:37

Ascotexgunner
Zip

Disappointed with Giggs subs but we are moving in the right direction. We faded quite badly at the end. Still we have a win and its all to play for. I'm pleased with what he's doing.

With the pool of players at their disposal in Wales I would say you are doing outstandingly well compared to Scotland who host a professional league system and is roughly the same size. it says alot for the standard of football north of the border when Wales are travelling to Denmark and the Scots are hosting Albania.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2018 09:51

Watched Liechtenstein v Gibraltar last night, as have a soft spot for the country of Liechtenstein. Was a pretty entertaining game, capped off by a certain Sandro Wieser popping up with the second in a 2-0 win.

Really enjoying this competition, will always be 3rd priority for international managers but offers a balanced competition for nations of all levels.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Sep 2018 08:05

So has the Nations League improved international football thus far?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Sep 2018 23:49

leon ROI need Meyler on to shore up the midfield.

LOL

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 13 Sep 2018 10:13

Stranded Watched Liechtenstein v Gibraltar last night, as have a soft spot for the country of Liechtenstein. Was a pretty entertaining game, capped off by a certain Sandro Wieser popping up with the second in a 2-0 win.

Really enjoying this competition, will always be 3rd priority for international managers but offers a balanced competition for nations of all levels.

Luxembourg top of their Group. Our Group, I mean.

Scored 7, conceded zero, six points

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Sep 2018 12:42

LUX
Stranded Watched Liechtenstein v Gibraltar last night, as have a soft spot for the country of Liechtenstein. Was a pretty entertaining game, capped off by a certain Sandro Wieser popping up with the second in a 2-0 win.

Luxembourg top of their Group. Our Group, I mean.

Scored 7, conceded zero, six points

And a very strong chance of making Euro 2020.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Oct 2018 20:12

Nice of Gunter to turn his back on the Spanish shot that went in. Talk about amateur defending. Nonce.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Oct 2018 20:18

F#ck this is gonna be a cricket score :(

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Oct 2018 20:22

I'm liking the look of Harry Wilson. Confident young player.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Oct 2018 20:29

Gunter again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Oct 2018 22:39

Ascotexgunner Gunter again.

He has to be dropped. Bring in Dummett and switch him to right back. Failing that play Connor Roberts. Gunter has had his time.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Oct 2018 08:40

Zip
Ascotexgunner Gunter again.

He has to be dropped. Bring in Dummett and switch him to right back. Failing that play Connor Roberts. Gunter has had his time.

He was awful last night. Im certain if I still had the legs Id have better awareness and positioning than he would.
I agree Drummett for me would be the one. I love Connor Roberts in that position but I also like him in the midfield roles well.
Not too despondent about the result overall, it really is a clearout and rebuild in progress at the moment, and Spain clearly look a beast of a team now.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 09:19

Lots of interesting results that England fans probably won't take any notice of and only berate our own side for any failings and overlook the fact other sides struggle at times too (ok, we might make a more consistent job of those struggles!).

Portugal just hung on against Poland. France needed a last minute penalty and an 86th minute OG to draw 2-2 with Iceland and Italy drew at home with Ukraine. Scotland getting beaten by Israel is also pretty funny of course, but perhaps not in quite the same bracket.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:22

Hoop Blah Lots of interesting results that England fans probably won't take any notice of and only berate our own side for any failings and overlook the fact other sides struggle at times too (ok, we might make a more consistent job of those struggles!).

Portugal just hung on against Poland. France needed a last minute penalty and an 86th minute OG to draw 2-2 with Iceland and Italy drew at home with Ukraine. Scotland getting beaten by Israel is also pretty funny of course, but perhaps not in quite the same bracket.

Scotland were utterly hopeless. How has James Forrest not started? Why is Kieran Tierney a centre back all of a sudden? I predict Mcleish will go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in their history. Clueless old dinosaur.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 09:32

Old Man Andrews Scotland were utterly hopeless. How has James Forrest not started? Why is Kieran Tierney a centre back all of a sudden? I predict Mcleish will go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in their history. Clueless old dinosaur.

Two of their best players are left backs, and I think Tierney has probably played there a bit. Much like Kyle Walker, Arron Cresswell, Stuart Pearce and Gary Neville, some fullbacks can slot in there really well. Some can't of course, but I can see why they'd give it a go with Robertson and Tierney in the squad.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:35

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Scotland were utterly hopeless. How has James Forrest not started? Why is Kieran Tierney a centre back all of a sudden? I predict Mcleish will go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in their history. Clueless old dinosaur.

Two of their best players are left backs, and I think Tierney has probably played there a bit. Much like Kyle Walker, Arron Cresswell, Stuart Pearce and Gary Neville, some fullbacks can slot in there really well. Some can't of course, but I can see why they'd give it a go with Robertson and Tierney in the squad.

He didn't look like he'd played there before thats for sure. Get what you mean though about them both having to play. I guess the safer way would be to have one left back and one as a left midfielder possibly interchanging throughout the game.

521 posts