I want to bum Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 56
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Clement In/Out...latest poll

by BR0B0T » 20 Sep 2018 03:06

Just interested to see if there is much change since the last one

mods let it run for a couple of days before deleting it...

Old Man Andrews

Re: Clement In/Out...latest poll

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 08:03

I wanted to bum Ian Royal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Sep 2018 08:46

On the last poll I said he should stay but the owners should start looking for replacements. If they haven't done that yet then I'm still an in vote.
I'd take Bilic and I would take Pearson.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 11:09

OUT :!:

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Sep 2018 19:24

I'd take Mike Bassett at the moment. At least I could have a laugh

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 19:30

IN but he must get a reaction on Saturday.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Sep 2018 19:39

Don't get this it's not Clement's fault, he hasn't been able to do enough in the transfer windows etc. etc.

In the real world, inside and outside of football, the best managers can turn around the performance of their teams by largely working with those people they already had.

In the world of business that I have experienced, when we come across a manager that claims the only way of improving a team's performance is by making wholesale changes, we usually look to change the manager! That's particularly so when we know that many of the team members actually have talent but just aren't delivering for a variety of reasons.

It would be idiotic to claim that within the current squad there are not a significant number of players with a great deal of talent.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Sep 2018 19:43

Another poll , just what we need.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 20:00

windermereROYAL Another poll , just what we need.

Too many polls coming here stealing our jobs.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 20:03

In. And it will continue to be In until the shower of shit who cross the white line of a saturday afternoon oxf*rd off elsewhere and Clement proves he's no good with competent players.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Sep 2018 20:06

Snowflake Royal In. And it will continue to be In until the shower of shit who cross the white line of a saturday afternoon oxf*rd off elsewhere and Clement proves he's no good with competent players.

Agreed

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 20:10

Snowflake Royal In. And it will continue to be In until the shower of shit who cross the white line of a saturday afternoon oxf*rd off elsewhere and Clement proves he's no good with competent players.

Some of the shower of shite are his signings. Clement is far from completely off the hook.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 20:14

Zip

Some of the shower of shite are his signings. Clement is far from completely off the hook.

Who knows who picks signings in the modern game. And the former DoF and current club management are just as culpable in having brought most of the shower of shit here.

Once again I return to the point before. Just as the players were shit on the pitch before and during Clement's tenure, the signings were shit before and during Clement's tenure. The manager isn't the (main) problem, and sacking him won't fix shit.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 20:25

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Who knows who picks signings in the modern game. And the former DoF and current club management are just as culpable in having brought most of the shower of shit here.

Once again I return to the point before. Just as the players were shit on the pitch before and during Clement's tenure, the signings were shit before and during Clement's tenure. The manager isn't the (main) problem, and sacking him won't fix shit.

On that basis we shouldn’t have sacked Stam then. Clement hasn’t improved upon Stam. In fact we are averaging less points under Clement than during Stam’s disastrous second season. I am still in the Clement in crowd but he selected that side last night. We all knew Gunter and Aluko shouldn’t have started. Clement should have known that. He set us up with no pace out wide. We were too narrow in the first half.We played with a 5 feet 9 lone striker who isn’t particularly mobile. That’s his fault. He played a big lad out wide with zero technical ability who unsurprisingly struggled. That’s absolutely his fault. He is also there to motivate them. He failed to do so. Not good enough.

He has to take his share of responsibility. In fairness he has done so. He has held his hands up. Yes we were a mess when he came in March. We remain a mess now. He is not entirely accountable. Of course not but he is not getting a reaction from the players. That’s a big part of his job. If he cannot motivate them he will be back on the rock and roll.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 21:49

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

On that basis we shouldn’t have sacked Stam then. Clement hasn’t improved upon Stam. In fact we are averaging less points under Clement than during Stam’s disastrous second season. I am still in the Clement in crowd but he selected that side last night. We all knew Gunter and Aluko shouldn’t have started. Clement should have known that. He set us up with no pace out wide. We were too narrow in the first half.We played with a 5 feet 9 lone striker who isn’t particularly mobile. That’s his fault. He played a big lad out wide with zero technical ability who unsurprisingly struggled. That’s absolutely his fault. He is also there to motivate them. He failed to do so. Not good enough.

He has to take his share of responsibility. In fairness he has done so. He has held his hands up. Yes we were a mess when he came in March. We remain a mess now. He is not entirely accountable. Of course not but he is not getting a reaction from the players. That’s a big part of his job. If he cannot motivate them he will be back on the rock and roll.

I seem to recall saying there wasn't any point in sacking Stam either.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 22:01

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Who knows who picks signings in the modern game. And the former DoF and current club management are just as culpable in having brought most of the shower of shit here.

Should we sack any manager ever?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 22:02

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Should we sack any manager ever?

That's a hell of segue to a different topic. The answer is quite obviously yes btw. If the manager is the main problem.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Sep 2018 22:51

RoyalBlue
It would be idiotic to claim that within the current squad there are not a significant number of players with a great deal of talent.

Consistant underperformers at this level would be my view. Not the talent that's the issue. Plenty of players have talent. Leagues are littered with players who fail to achieve and simply slide down the leagues. Darren Caskey being a classic example.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Sep 2018 23:21

windermereROYAL Another poll , just what we need.

8)

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Sep 2018 08:53

Love a good poll. As i change my mind every day on who is to blame.
Nani has gotten an easy ride so far.