Next Reading Manager

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Next Reading Manager

by Theroyalbox » 03 Oct 2018 12:23

Lets say Reading lose on Saturday and Clement gets sacked, who would you have in?

Gus Poyet for me.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 12:25

Has to be Mick McCarthy. Pains me to say it but he is arguably one of the all time great Championship managers and will make the tough decisions needed when it comes to our current squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 12:33

well he won't so not a great deal of point guessing

If we'd lost to Preston and Hull, might be a different story

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 12:35

Hound well he won't so not a great deal of point guessing

If we'd lost to Preston and Hull, might be a different story

Absolutely wouldn't say there is no chance of him not being sacked. If we get a pasting it could easily be curtains, especially after admitting the team selection errors. Can't imagine that going over well at all.

The Steve Bruce situation at Villa is an interesting one to keep an eye on. I think another bad defeat and he will be out of a job, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 12:42

think he is better saying he got the selection wrong, than denying what everyone could see with their own eyes tbh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 12:45

Hound think he is better saying he got the selection wrong, than denying what everyone could see with their own eyes tbh

To us perhaps but to non-football owners that makes him sound like he doesn't know what he is doing. I don't think they are far from pulling the trigger, just a feeling I have of course no evidence for it.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 12:47

Knowing us we will probably end up some joker like Hasselbaink or Poyet.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Oct 2018 12:56

Not really sure but I don't want to see another manager here who is described as a "great coach", used to work in the Prem or worked with some great managers as an assistant. Someone who can take a fresh approach without any past coaching glories!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Oct 2018 13:01

Theroyalbox Lets say Reading lose on Saturday and Clement gets sacked, who would you have in?

Gus Poyet for me.

Why would you want a worse manager to replace Clement?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Oct 2018 13:06

No Chance he will be sacked. Gourley will want to keep him as long as possible in the very very miniscule chance that he might turn it around.
Personally the two managers I would never have wanted at this club I would take at the drop of a hat now.......
The first is McCarthy, the second will not doubt be available shortly...Mr Warnock....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 13:09

Wouldn't be against McCarthy, just to restore a bit of order. Don't think he'd have any qualms about booting out the likes of Aluko immediately. Not sure it'd be great football to watch mind you

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Oct 2018 13:15

Hound Wouldn't be against McCarthy, just to restore a bit of order. Don't think he'd have any qualms about booting out the likes of Aluko immediately. Not sure it'd be great football to watch mind you

Its got to be better than 0 shots on target for 90 minutes.
Clements football just has little or no end product. I actually thought last night the players showed a little bit of fight but its like we don't have a plan up that end of the pitch. Plenty of players out wide and no one in the box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 13:22

Ascotexgunner
Hound Wouldn't be against McCarthy, just to restore a bit of order. Don't think he'd have any qualms about booting out the likes of Aluko immediately. Not sure it'd be great football to watch mind you

Clements football just has little or no end product. I actually thought last night the players showed a little bit of fight but its like we don't have a plan up that end of the pitch. Plenty of players out wide and no one in the box.

Think we had one (Swifts free kick) but get your point. Its a shame though as I think we have improved a lot on that recently - generally been having 5 or 6 decent attempts.

I just think so much comes back to the Aluko selection - not just his performance the position he gets put in. PC himself admitted the shape was wrong - it really was. Meite was left totally isolated

Get two proper wingers, or 1 winger plus Baldock outside Bodvarsson, Eza shielding the back 4 and Swift and Bacuna getting forward and you have your shape. No idea why we moved away from that.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Oct 2018 13:30

Hound
Ascotexgunner

Think we had one (Swifts free kick) but get your point. Its a shame though as I think we have improved a lot on that recently - generally been having 5 or 6 decent attempts.

I just think so much comes back to the Aluko selection - not just his performance the position he gets put in. PC himself admitted the shape was wrong - it really was. Meite was left totally isolated

Get two proper wingers, or 1 winger plus Baldock outside Bodvarsson, Eza shielding the back 4 and Swift and Bacuna getting forward and you have your shape. No idea why we moved away from that.

Yup....make you exactly right. Im struggling to understand what Clement is doing with Aluko....I mean hes a a right sided winger yet he seems to be playing in a more central and deeper role most of the time....What we are seeing now are management mistakes and players who really I don't think completely understand what their job is going forward, or when we have the ball.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Oct 2018 13:51

Swift`s on target shot was in the 91st minute, so gunner is right, nothing tested the keeper in 90 minutes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 13:52

windermereROYAL Swift`s on target shot was in the 91st minute, so gunner is right, nothing tested the keeper in 90 minutes.

fair point. Not that the free kick tested him either tbf

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Oct 2018 14:07

What slightly concerns me is that this time last season, Stam did the same in the first half of last season. We'd string a couple of decent performances together with an unchanged side and then he'd tinker and we'd go back to being shit again.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 14:50

This is crazy! 3 good results on the trot followed by admittedly one very bad performance and result last night. Not enough to call for the manager's head, even at Leeds.

Calm down everyone please.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 14:52

John Smith This is crazy! 3 good results on the trot followed by admittedly one very bad performance and result last night. Not enough to call for the manager's head, even at Leeds.

Surely a heavy defeat Saturday and the owners will think it is time to go?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 14:53

Old Man Andrews
John Smith This is crazy! 3 good results on the trot followed by admittedly one very bad performance and result last night. Not enough to call for the manager's head, even at Leeds.

Surely a heavy defeat Saturday and the owners will think it is time to go?

Wouldn't have thought so. Are you expecting to win up there or something?