The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Oct 2018 10:09

Lots of stuff from Friday, Low and Watts over the weekend. Seemingly the journo's are now speaking up for the supporters and all going down an anti-Gourlay angle. Interesting times for the local media, don't think it is beyond Gourlay to ban some of them.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Oct 2018 12:09

Old Man Andrews Courtney Friday suggesting that a suspect in car crash involving a stolen car is John Swift.

anything further on this?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 12:10

LWJ
Old Man Andrews Courtney Friday suggesting that a suspect in car crash involving a stolen car is John Swift.

anything further on this?

Nothing other than pelters from a few supporters and Friday saying he was obviously joking. Seems like a silly move to even joke about things like that though. He is the first to bitch and moan about how the players don't talk to him too. Wonder why!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Oct 2018 12:20

did see one of the points in JLow's 'things you might have missed' was that Garath McCleary played on Saturday.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2018 14:21

Honestly think that anyone with a little common sense could do better than what passes for journalism these days. Media either sensationalises a load a trivial nothingness or fails to give balanced arguments for what is being reported.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Oct 2018 14:33

Hound did see one of the points in JLow's 'things you might have missed' was that Garath McCleary played on Saturday.

I feel sorry for him because he is a man doing a job and trying to do it well. I really don't want to criticise him because I couldn't do his job. But then I also see it's clear he's just a geek with zero knowledge of football who shouldn't be in the job and that needs help.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 14:41

John Smith
Hound did see one of the points in JLow's 'things you might have missed' was that Garath McCleary played on Saturday.

I feel sorry for him because he is a man doing a job and trying to do it well. I really don't want to criticise him because I couldn't do his job. But then I also see it's clear he's just a geek with zero knowledge of football who shouldn't be in the job and that needs help.

He needs to go mainly.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 22 Oct 2018 15:07

Incredibly random but is Courtney serving the longest notice period known to man or is he now sticking to his job at the Chronicle? From memory he was supposed to have left in July?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 15:20

McDermolenko Incredibly random but is Courtney serving the longest notice period known to man or is he now sticking to his job at the Chronicle? From memory he was supposed to have left in July?

He has officially left but uses his press accreditation to get in the ground for free, he is a crook really. He tries to pass himself off as freelance.

He is just a freelance bellend.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Oct 2018 15:29

Sutekh Honestly think that anyone with a little common sense could do better than what passes for journalism these days. Media either sensationalises a load a trivial nothingness or fails to give balanced arguments for what is being reported.

Gotta get them clicks.

I was actually discussing with Mrs Hendo at the weekend how, when I was at collage, I wanted to go to uni to be a sports journalist.

Looking at the state of the industry today and what garbage is being produced, I am glad I didn't pursue.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 22 Oct 2018 15:55

Old Man Andrews
McDermolenko Incredibly random but is Courtney serving the longest notice period known to man or is he now sticking to his job at the Chronicle? From memory he was supposed to have left in July?

He has officially left but uses his press accreditation to get in the ground for free, he is a crook really. He tries to pass himself off as freelance.

He published a report for the Chronicle today, though? Surely not the case, unless they’re that desperate for a reporter that he’s working on a freelance basis for them as you’re suggesting?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Oct 2018 16:11

McDermolenko
Old Man Andrews

He published a report for the Chronicle today, though? Surely not the case, unless they’re that desperate for a reporter that he’s working on a freelance basis for them as you’re suggesting?

If he's a freelance, occasionally doing extra reporting for the Chronicle, then he's entitled to press accreditation for the games he's asked to cover.

Bit much suggesting he's a crook.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 16:11

McDermolenko
Old Man Andrews

I believe they are that desperate yes.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Nov 2018 10:10

Surprised Low's "so called fans" comment on Gunter and Aluko getting "booed" haven't made it on here.

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/loaders-league-debut-boos-gunter-15462194

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2018 10:21

sandman Surprised Low's "so called fans" comment on Gunter and Aluko getting "booed" haven't made it on here.

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/loaders-league-debut-boos-gunter-15462194

Good spot. I think you have to read his articles to realise that kind of thing is there, I try to avoid any opinion piece he does because it numbs my brain.

He is clearly clueless and has no idea how football or football supporters work, booing and jeering has gone on since the very first football match and will continue. Jonathan Low is a weedy little bloke who clearly cannot bear the slightest conflict. He has no place reporting on the club but he is probably cheap.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2018 10:33

Old Man Andrews
sandman Surprised Low's "so called fans" comment on Gunter and Aluko getting "booed" haven't made it on here.

Good spot. I think you have to read his articles to realise that kind of thing is there, I try to avoid any opinion piece he does because it numbs my brain.

He is clearly clueless and has no idea how football or football supporters work, booing and jeering has gone on since the very first football match and will continue. Jonathan Low is a weedy little bloke who clearly cannot bear the slightest conflict. He has no place reporting on the club but he is probably cheap.

If he was such a weedy bloke, he wouldn't have picked a fight with the "so called fans".
As any sensible journalist working for an organisation who relies on clicks to make any money at all would do, he's naturally trying to stir up interest and controversy - that's his job.
Personally I think any "fan" who wants one of their own players sent off is thick as mince, but it takes all sorts I suppose.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2018 10:37

muirinho
Old Man Andrews

If he was such a weedy bloke, he wouldn't have picked a fight with the "so called fans".
As any sensible journalist working for an organisation who relies on clicks to make any money at all would do, he's naturally trying to stir up interest and controversy - that's his job.
Personally I think any "fan" who wants one of their own players sent off is thick as mince, but it takes all sorts I suppose.

The rights or wrongs of booing and jeering are neither here or there it is the fact he used the term "so called fans". He should be sacked immediately.

No shock we have a case of one weedy bloke defending another weedy bloke here. You were the person who promoted a petition to stop swearing at football matches............... Doesn't get much weaker than that.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2018 10:48

Old Man Andrews
muirinho
Old Man Andrews

The rights or wrongs of booing and jeering are neither here or there it is the fact he used the term "so called fans". He should be sacked immediately.

No shock we have a case of one weedy bloke defending another weedy bloke here. You were the person who promoted a petition to stop swearing at football matches............... Doesn't get much weaker than that.

Homophobic chanting, not swearing - get your facts right. That you think that's "weedy" says more about you than it does about me.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2018 10:51

muirinho
Old Man Andrews
muirinho

Homophobic chanting, not swearing - get your facts right. That you think that's "weedy" says more about you than it does about me.

Jonathan Low stated that supporters were booing Gunter and Aluko and asking for them to be off the pitch. Deal with the issue in hand. You are referring to comments made previously which were rightly greeted with horror from any sane Reading supporter.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2018 10:55

Old Man Andrews
muirinho
Old Man Andrews

Jonathan Low stated that supporters were booing Gunter and Aluko and asking for them to be off the pitch. Deal with the issue in hand. You are referring to comments made previously which were rightly greeted with horror from any sane Reading supporter.

Wasn't talking in that case about this particular game - I meant what I was objecting to on twitter was homophobic chanting at games. Not swearing.

888 posts