BFTG Wednesday (A)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG Wednesday (A)

by Kitsondinho » 09 Feb 2019 17:41

Decent point today. Really impressed with our defensive efforts today, looking much more solid under Gomes. Moore was outstanding, as was Martinez.

However, although we had a few decent chances, we do look so toothless upfront. Thought Aluko played well and worked really hard. Barrow was great at tracking back and creating space, but really wasteful in key positions. Felt Swift was our best offesive player today, but he needs a focal point upfront. Bod wasn’t on long enough and Meite seemed to be playing as one of our 16 wingers when he came on. Still pleased with the result mind!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Wednesday (A)

by URZZZZ » 09 Feb 2019 17:50

From what I could see on the stream :

Martinez - 8

Yiadom - 7
Moore - 8
Miazga - 7
Blackett - 7

Baker - 5
Swift - 6
Rino - 5

McCleary - 4
Barrow - 5
Aluko - 6

Meite - 4 (why)

Rino's worst game I've seen in a while, sloppy on the ball on one too many occasions. Swift and Aluko best two offensive players but can still do a lot more whilst McCleary was ineffective yet again. Seen Baker four times and just not convinced I'm afraid, would love to see Kelly in on Wednesday

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Feb 2019 17:52

Martinez happily dispelling by scepticism today.

Just when are we going to be a team that looks like scoring a goal?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 09 Feb 2019 17:56

John Madejski's Wallet Martinez happily dispelling by scepticism today.

Just when are we going to be a team that looks like scoring a goal?

When Baker’s shot cannons off Hector and just wide of a comedy OG.......
Last edited by Kitsondinho on 09 Feb 2019 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Feb 2019 18:10

Just seen the highlights, rode our luck at times there, especially the last minute miss, but given luck we could of had a couple ourselves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Feb 2019 18:12

Good saves by both keepers

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Feb 2019 19:59

Kitsondinho Decent point today. Really impressed with our defensive efforts today, looking much more solid under Gomes. Moore was outstanding, as was Martinez.

However, although we had a few decent chances, we do look so toothless upfront. Thought Aluko played well and worked really hard. Barrow was great at tracking back and creating space, but really wasteful in key positions. Felt Swift was our best offesive player today, but he needs a focal point upfront. Bod wasn’t on long enough and Meite seemed to be playing as one of our 16 wingers when he came on. Still pleased with the result mind!

Thanks for the report from somebody who went which is always good to read rather than the comments in the Matchwatch which involves a lot of guessing..
I think I'll have to start going to away games again if only to see the Aluko that we seldom see at home.
Who played centrally up front?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 09 Feb 2019 20:14

Victor Meldrew
Kitsondinho Decent point today. Really impressed with our defensive efforts today, looking much more solid under Gomes. Moore was outstanding, as was Martinez.

Thanks for the report from somebody who went which is always good to read rather than the comments in the Matchwatch which involves a lot of guessing..
I think I'll have to start going to away games again if only to see the Aluko that we seldom see at home.
Who played centrally up front?

Aluko was the ‘central’ striker....although he had licence to drift. The problem was that Barrow and GMac (as the wingers) had the same licence to switch wings. In one first half move, this ended up with Barrow, Aluko and GMac within about 5 yards of each other. GMac got lost in this set-up.....he didn’t really seem to know where he was meant to be. It certainly suited Aluko and Barrow more. In hindsight , starting with Bod or Meite up front and not playing GMac would probably have been a better fit.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Feb 2019 23:38

After watching us today I feel like it's just going to be a coin-toss of whether we can stay up. Defensively we looked fairly solid, but it was only good luck and poor finishing from them that stopped us conceding. Whilst upfront we offered very little.

I thought we attacked better in the first half, as soon as the subs came on we seem to lose any coherence. For me it's just a case of playing a fixed forward line for 5-6 games in a row (something that is really just going to be dependent on luck with our injuries).

I have to say that Wednesday were a lot better than what I remembered from the few games I saw of them last year. In a way there are a better version of us - set up to retain possession, with skilful attacking players, but struggling to convert chances.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 10 Feb 2019 07:14

Can only be a matter of time until we turn those draws into wins. Ipswich look down and out, Bolton very close to joining them then there’s us and Rotherham, with Millwall and Wigan losing their ground on us as we speak. Think it might be too little too late now though, not showing any signs of improvement attacking wise that suggest we can turn those draws into wins however...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Feb 2019 08:41

Martinez and Miazga were absolutely outstanding yesterday. 2 brilliant signing by the club.

If Oliveira played that might have made the difference between us collecting one point or three.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Feb 2019 08:41

Martinez and Miazga were absolutely outstanding yesterday. 2 brilliant signing by the club.

If Oliveira played that might have made the difference between us collecting one point or three.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 10 Feb 2019 09:12

Top Flight Martinez and Miazga were absolutely outstanding yesterday. 2 brilliant signing by the club.

If Nelson had been the one to have Barrow’s key chance (round the keeper) in the first half, he doesn’t hesistate. He wouldn’t switch feet, allowing Westwood back into his goal. He buries it or squares it to GMac. Either way, I’m sure Nelson would have made more of it and fairly sure we’d have gone 1-0 up.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Feb 2019 09:45

TiagoIlori Can only be a matter of time until we turn those draws into wins. Ipswich look down and out, Bolton very close to joining them then there’s us and Rotherham, with Millwall and Wigan losing their ground on us as we speak. Think it might be too little too late now though, not showing any signs of improvement attacking wise that suggest we can turn those draws into wins however...

You sound confused.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Feb 2019 16:50

Elm Park Kid I have to say that Wednesday were a lot better than what I remembered from the few games I saw of them last year. In a way there are a better version of us - set up to retain possession, with skilful attacking players, but struggling to convert chances.

They looked well up for it and got after it, which I suppose is to be expected in Bruce's home opener.
They have some decent players. Bannan was ok (tho we contained him better than at our place), Westwood is a decent keeper, and I've long admired Steven Fletcher as a Champ striker.
I was looking at their recent results. They've kept 7 clean sheets in their last 11 games. They lost 3-0 twice in that span (to Chelsea and Hull). But in the other 9 games, they only conceded 2 goals total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2019 16:55

Denver Royal
Elm Park Kid I have to say that Wednesday were a lot better than what I remembered from the few games I saw of them last year. In a way there are a better version of us - set up to retain possession, with skilful attacking players, but struggling to convert chances.

They looked well up for it and got after it, which I suppose is to be expected in Bruce's home opener.
They have some decent players. Bannan was ok (tho we contained him better than at our place), Westwood is a decent keeper, and I've long admired Steven Fletcher as a Champ striker.
I was looking at their recent results. They've kept 7 clean sheets in their last 11 games. They lost 3-0 twice in that span (to Chelsea and Hull). But in the other 9 games, they only conceded 2 goals total.

I couldn't believe Fletcher was only 31, I thought he'd be easily 35 or so. Feels like he's been around forever.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2019 17:42

Martinez 9
Lady luck 10

Rino 2
Swift 2
Aluko 2

Everyone else 4

We should have lost that 4-0

I honestly do not remember a Reading team as ridiculously unable to score a goal as this lot of ****ing jokers.

I also don't remember as many dangerous mistakes from any team I've watched.

My nostalgic post of a few days ago is giving way to just plain anger game by game. They couldn't score in a brothel.

Id keep Martinez and ship the whole lot of them out.

We deserve to go down.

Sorry but I'm wasting too much time following this lot.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Feb 2019 17:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Sorry but I'm wasting too much time following this lot.

Please tell us who`s forcing you to?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Feb 2019 17:46

Hark at Strap there

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Feb 2019 18:23

Don't pay too much attention to 2WW1WC, he's a bit of a crank and a classic shit weather poster.

He actually wants us to go down just so he can say he was right.