Rumour - Josh Morris

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Josh Morris

by Sutekh » 15 May 2019 09:42

Reading, QPR and Millwall are reportedly after Scunthorpe winger Josh Morris, 27

Josh can also play left side of defence and central midfield

He's also the guy that scored THAT goal at Plymouth on the last day of the season.

https://www.iron-bru.co.uk/millwall-rea ... sh-morris/

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Josh Morris

by Victor Meldrew » 15 May 2019 11:15

Sutekh Reading, QPR and Millwall are reportedly after Scunthorpe winger Josh Morris, 27

He's also the guy that scored THAT goal at Plymouth on the last day of the season.

Presumably if he is a winger then "left side of defence" means left-back as opposed to left-sided centre-back?
Good to see that we might be looking at a new left-back which I feel is important for the make-up of the first team although personally I would like to see us going for an orthodox left-back rather than a player who "can play" there.

Not sure why (injuries?) but he only played in 19 league games last season for a poor Scunthorpe side but scored 5 and had 6 assists which leads me to think that he is more of a winger than a left-back but presumably he is naturally left-footed which is a good thing.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 May 2019 11:31

Victor Meldrew
Sutekh Reading, QPR and Millwall are reportedly after Scunthorpe winger Josh Morris, 27

Presumably if he is a winger then "left side of defence" means left-back as opposed to left-sided centre-back?
Good to see that we might be looking at a new left-back which I feel is important for the make-up of the first team although personally I would like to see us going for an orthodox left-back rather than a player who "can play" there.

Not sure why (injuries?) but he only played in 19 league games last season for a poor Scunthorpe side but scored 5 and had 6 assists which leads me to think that he is more of a winger than a left-back but presumably he is naturally left-footed which is a good thing.

Maybe getting a winger "who can play" left back would be a short term thing until it's clear if Obita is going to come back anything like the player he was? (i.e., he'd be mostly a winger, but can cover left back until Obita is back - rather than buying a left back who then might be surplus to requirements further down the line)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2019 12:01

He is more of an attacking mid I gather. Broke his leg last year hence the smaller number of appearances. Very good record the two previous seasons.

On paper would look a good signing

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2019 13:38

Hound He is more of an attacking mid I gather. Broke his leg last year hence the smaller number of appearances. Very good record the two previous seasons.

Why would anyone chose us over Millwall and QPR though ?

Would signing him suggest we’re cashing in on Barrow ? Where would it leave Richards and Blackett ?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 May 2019 13:42

muirinho until it's clear if Obita is going to come back anything like the player he was?

Saw him at Sainsbury's the other day and it still looked like he was limping to me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2019 13:42

Nameless
Hound He is more of an attacking mid I gather. Broke his leg last year hence the smaller number of appearances. Very good record the two previous seasons.

Would signing him suggest we’re cashing in on Barrow ? Where would it leave Richards and Blackett ?

Why would anyone choose Millwall or QPR over us?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 May 2019 13:43

Wycombe Royal
muirinho until it's clear if Obita is going to come back anything like the player he was?

Saw him at Sainsbury's the other day and it still looked like he was limping to me.

I hate to write a player off based on hearsay and gossip - but, it's not looking good, is it? Such an innocuous-looking injury, too.

Basildon

by Basildon » 15 May 2019 14:02

Nameless

Not sure if serious?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2019 15:43

muirinho
Wycombe Royal

I hate to write a player off based on hearsay and gossip - but, it's not looking good, is it? Such an innocuous-looking injury, too.

No it’s worrying - though could be as a result of the last set of surgery. We’ll see if he is back for pre-season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 May 2019 17:46

Nameless

Really? QPR finished the season in free fall and Millwall were shit too.

I'd argue we've got more championship potential than Millwall and no more chance of relegation. And are at least broadly on a par with QPR.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 May 2019 18:04

Victor Meldrew

Vic, had a quick look at their games this season and didn't see where Morris lined up in defense at all, either at left back or left wing back (which isn't to say he can't, but just saying). Scunny usually employed a traditional Back 4, with either Borthwick-Jackson (on loan from Man Yoo) or James Perch at LB.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2019 09:21

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Really? QPR finished the season in free fall and Millwall were shit too.

I'd argue we've got more championship potential than Millwall and no more chance of relegation. And are at least broadly on a par with QPR.

+1 to that, plus there are all the off-field issues with QPR.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 May 2019 13:13

Well this one doesn't seem to be going away.

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1